xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Graw Has No First Person View With Gun  (Read 94 times)

Carlo210

• Archived User
Graw Has No First Person View With Gun
« on: December 17, 2005, 12:43:00 PM »

In case you haen't been keeping close with the info of GRAW, the 360 version is a totally different version than the current gen and pc version (3 developing teams working on the title in total).
The footage you saw at E3 was obviously pre-rendered and not actually gameplay. The sort of aiming featured in the trailer (where hes behind a window and shooting at the baddies horribly, or when hes behind a fence and ordering planes to bomb a tank) is fake and so is the First Person Weapon View (fpwv). There will be a first person view, but the standard 'just a crosshair' view where the camera is positioned at the top of your gun. The Xbox and PC versions have FPWV (fp with the weapon), but not the 360 version due to a different design team working on it. Instead, we will have the GR2 over-the-shoulder (ots) view where you see your character interact with the environment etc. While it would've been nice to hve fpwv, it wouldn't suit the game. Even crosshair-first person is difficult to play the game in after spending time with ots. I've played Socom 2 for a year and a half and I can say it'll be nice to play a game similar to that with actually GOOD gameplay and level design.
I'm not trolling. If you think I'm trolling, read my post once more. I'm just clearing up to those that haven't found out yet that you should dismiss the E3 demo from what you expect from the game (it was kind of a devious play on Ubi's part, just like what Sony does to their zo... fans).
If you check out the official Ghost Recon forums for Advanced Warfighter, this topic is all you'll see. I couldn't care less because I know that a FPWV (if you haven't caught on yet, its the standard fps view where your weapon is in the lower right corner) wouldn't suit the game.

On the hand of realism, I think we can all agree that COD2 has the most realistic fps view - what with the ironsights adn stuff.

Deftech

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2005, 02:09:00 PM »

I've played Socom 2 for a year and a half and I can say it'll be nice to play a game similar to that with actually GOOD gameplay and level design.

You admittedly never touched a Recon on a console so what are you comparing it too?

Subjectivity is a wonderful thing isnt it  pop.gif

Carlo210

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2005, 12:03:00 AM »

Just showing my hate for the Socoms. From what I hear (gr2 is big on Xbox Live), it cleans up what Socom does wrong. I admit, it was dumb of me to say that.

Deftech

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2005, 12:33:00 AM »

All recons are huge on live, no doubt about that. Other games/shooters I dont mind 3rd person/over the shoulder. seeing as Ive been playing Recons 1st person for the past 4 or 5 years, its just going to require patience on my part. I wish we were atleast offered the choice like we were in part 2. But I'll take the devs word for it that it wouldnt suit the game.

Carlo210

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2005, 08:11:00 AM »

QUOTE(Carlo210)

There will be a first person view, but the standard 'just a crosshair' view where the camera is positioned at the top of your gun.

Actually, online matches have a setting where you can set it to FIRST PERSON only, OTS only, or both. This is so the ones who want to play first person without having the disadvantage to ots players (since ots players can look around corners and see more).
Check the official Ghost Recon forum if you wanna learn more on the subject. smile.gif

Deftech

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2005, 09:29:00 AM »

There will be a first person view, but the standard 'just a crosshair' view where the camera is positioned at the top of your gun.

Hence the word Standard. That is the way Recons have always been!! Thats the one line I didnt read in your post. They removed the standard crosshair view from xbox and pc, and made the gun visible. I always liked Recons in the fact that it was JUST crosshairs!!

yay!! im getting my view back!

Carlo210

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2005, 10:27:00 AM »

biggrin.gif
Just wanted to clear up that the weapon view in the E3 trailer is non-existent. That's all.  smile.gif