xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Ghost Recon 3 Delayed Again  (Read 163 times)

KAGE360

• Archived User
Ghost Recon 3 Delayed Again
« on: December 08, 2005, 10:48:00 AM »

Bad news folks. One of the most anticipated Xbox360 titles has been pushed back at least another month it seems. According to the game's info page on the Ubisoft website, the release date now says March 2006. It used to say February. The PC, PS2, and XBox versions have been pushed as well. Expect more delays. In the meantime you can check out our Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter developer's chat here.

http://www.gamersreports.com/news/434/

yaazz

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2005, 11:12:00 AM »

Id feel bad for you, but really it just balances out the anger I feel because you have a 360 and I dont.... so really I feel neutral  blink.gif

Im getting GR3 when it comes out for sure though, I love GR2! Its like socom only better

Marrvia

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2005, 11:44:00 AM »

I hope Splinter Cell isn't pushed back.  That's definitely my most wanted x360 game so far.

MrPhunkee

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2005, 11:44:00 AM »

Too bad. All games I really bought 360 for are getting delayed.. Gr3n, Topspin2, etc..  grr.gif

KAGE360

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2005, 11:51:00 AM »

QUOTE(Marrvia @ Dec 8 2005, 01:51 PM) View Post

I hope Splinter Cell isn't pushed back.  That's definitely my most wanted x360 game so far.

i would be surprised if it didnt get delayed, with SC: CT coming out only earlier this year, i dont see a year being long enough to make a next gen SC

Rubix42

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2005, 12:04:00 PM »

Two things real quick

One-Ubisoft pushes games out faster than most developers.  Normally they develop each game off the same engine for sequels, and just tweak mechanics and gameplay, so seeing Splinter Cell next year would not surprise me at all.

Two- I have to stop watching game release dates.  I never would have known this and just been at a game store and bought it next year happier than hell that it came out.  Now I get bummed that I have to wait an extra month I wouldn't have known about last year.

Weird

KAGE360

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2005, 12:14:00 PM »

QUOTE(Rubix42 @ Dec 8 2005, 02:11 PM) View Post

Two things real quick

One-Ubisoft pushes games out faster than most developers.  Normally they develop each game off the same engine for sequels, and just tweak mechanics and gameplay, so seeing Splinter Cell next year would not surprise me at all.

Two- I have to stop watching game release dates.  I never would have known this and just been at a game store and bought it next year happier than hell that it came out.  Now I get bummed that I have to wait an extra month I wouldn't have known about last year.

Weird

ubisoft montreal is developing the next SC.  the only reason there has been a steady stream of SC games over the last few years is because ubi. montreal made the first and third while ubisoft shanghia made the second game (padora tomorrow).  i hope we do see it next year but i dont see it coming out in the first quarter.  also we may see the current gen versions out before the next gen version as it will be far easier to use current resources from SC: CT then it would be to upgrade the game for the next gen systems.  even though the gameplay is awsome and some of the best in the spy/stealth genre, the series has also been well known to be a constant graphical showcase no matter what system its on so i dont see them skimping on the next gen version until its up to their standards which may take a while with how much more power they have to work with.

wasting

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2005, 01:53:00 PM »

its only going to make the game better, so delay on!

KAGE360

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2005, 01:59:00 PM »

QUOTE(wasting @ Dec 8 2005, 04:00 PM) View Post

its only going to make the game better, so delay on!

thats what i say.  of the 4 titles i wanted for launch, 3 got delayed (oblivion, GR3, and DoA4) and im not bothered in the least because i know they will be better from more time.  much rather my fav games be put out how they were meant to be presented then rushed out for or around launch and dissapoint.