xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: What Happened To Ghost Recon 3?  (Read 399 times)

kendrid

• Archived User
What Happened To Ghost Recon 3?
« on: October 04, 2005, 09:24:00 PM »

Well damn, 2 minutes later I find an article.

Here.

This kind of sucks depending upon how far off they look and if the framerate is an issue.

Advanced Warfighter doesn't look quite as good as that superb trailer released back when the game was announced, but it doesn't look too far from that footage, either. Imagine the same style of gameplay and the same effects, but in lower res and with a less consistent frame rate. More importantly, it seems the gameplay featured in the trailer is intact, and that should please fans of the series as much as any graphical upgrade

Deftech

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2005, 09:33:00 PM »

Its there, and the 3 seconds I saw looked stunning.

Its in this vid...

http://www.xboxyde.c...ws_2085_en.html

but anyways...look at this...
Advanced Warfighter doesn't look quite as good as that superb trailer released back when the game was announced, but it doesn't look too far from that footage, either. Imagine the same style of gameplay and the same effects, but in lower res and with a less consistent frame rate. More importantly, it seems the gameplay featured in the trailer is intact, and that should please fans of the series as much as any graphical upgrade. We'll bring you more on Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter in the weeks leading up to its release.

LOL I'll take any game that doesnt look too far from that trailer that was released at E3. I love how graphics have come so far that they nitpick when its not 100% of a scripted trailer  laugh.gif They even use the word Superb, and say it comes close to that  blink.gif

Deftech

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2005, 11:15:00 PM »

Id be happy with just 1 of the 8 I want in the launch window, having all these great games just feels like a dream  love.gif

I have made a decision though. Im not getting Oblivion and a few games. Its either a few games, play those for a few weeks, then get Oblivion. Or ONLY get Oblivion, play that for several weeks, and when I feel I need to move on, get the other ones. They cant all be in the house together or the temptation will prevail.

Id be happy with just CoD 2 for a few weeks  laugh.gif

*sigh*

too many great games headed our way for our own good  blink.gif

corkinator

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2005, 12:49:00 AM »

Imagine the same thing as the trailer with a lower framerate and lower resolution basically

Meh. Now I'm glad we don't get our 360's here till next year. Barely any reason to buy one now anyway.

Heet

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2005, 12:56:00 AM »

scaled back?!?!?  WTF?!?!

KAGE360

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2005, 07:48:00 AM »

i dont get how that can be.  i hope this is gamespot being the least bit biased, even though they have been fair lately.  the altered macs that they used at E3 to show off GR3 was shit for power compared to the 360.  Red storm usually does a good job of taking advantage of the system their working on (GR2 on xbox looks fucking gorgeous when it came out.)

has this game been confirmed for a launch title?  if not then maybe their waiting for the last minute to add high res textures and overal performance like bizarre did with PGR3.  

ill wait till the game is in my hands before i make any judgement because the vid from E3 didnt look like anything the 360 couldnt do standing on its head.

SickJoda

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2005, 07:58:00 AM »

i liike boobs

SickJoda

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2005, 08:03:00 AM »

im sorry my homebro's im not getting the 360 till the prices drio

incognegro

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2005, 08:06:00 AM »

they just didnt have enough time to get it up at good speed in time for xo5........more than likely. Remember there is a transition process of bringing the engine from those macs to the new kits and they just took longer to do it i guess.........no biggie really, it only means the game is not gonna be ready for launch.

hugoboss1

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2005, 08:42:00 AM »

This Is probably why we havent seen much ...

Xbox 360: MS Explains Lack-of-Games At X05
October 5th, 2005
According to director of platform marketing David Reid, the reason MS did not announce a concrete list of launch titles during last night’s main address is that they are “currently in the final stages of certification”.

Speaking in the boozy aftermath of the main X05 address, Reid told US website GameSpot, “there will be 15 to 20 Xbox 360 titles available on launch day,” followed by half a dozen or so more by the end of the year. Along with its first-party titles and EA’s launch prospects, others will be confirmed in the coming weeks.

While EA beat everyone to announcing what its launch titles would be for the new Xbox 360 console, MS has followed the lead and announced the 18 titles from various publishers that will be available for the new console from day one.

Source: Gamerlounge.com

MrGone2001

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2005, 09:04:00 AM »

There's an article in the latest COMPUTER GAMING WORLD, where they discuss this game in some detail. The thing that irked me about the article is that it slammed the XBox 360 twice. Once mentioning that it wouldn't have watered down A.I., or 'consolish' third-person point of view. The other thing that it mentioned, and bothered me the most, was that the PC version would have better graphics then the XBox 360. I'm a realist, and know that powerful rigs, with $600 cards will outdo all, but I thought the 360 would look really nice, it's a next-gen system, and would at least be able to keep up with some  things ported over to/from the PC platform.

uhh.gif

Deftech

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2005, 09:46:00 AM »

tongue.gif

miggidy

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2005, 09:57:00 AM »

Deftech

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2005, 10:07:00 AM »

smile.gif

People are complaining about that?! it looks great!

any Recon fan will drool while imagining actually playing that!

good grief I cant wait!

are there more? I only got the one. Thanks for the heads up. Im just now checking all the newly posted shit so Im lagging behind in that dept.

Deftech

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2005, 12:31:00 PM »

The game ran at a rough 60 FPS, but the slow movement and collision detection on many obstacles slowed down the game's feel, and if you add the regular, methodical pace of Ghost Recon in there in this 60% compete build, and it all adds up. Don't get me wrong, the game is indeed fun. The game we played was neither anti-aliased nor was it optimized. So, come launch and it should look spanking good.
Pages: [1] 2