xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Ghost Recon 3  (Read 447 times)

Carlo210

• Archived User
Ghost Recon 3
« on: July 27, 2005, 06:09:00 PM »

http://www.gamespot....ws_6129714.html

Also, new screens!

user posted image
user posted image

InfamousOne, you can't say you aren't impressed.

Infamous_One

• Archived User
Ghost Recon 3
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2005, 08:03:00 PM »

Not impressed , nothing new , just a little out of focus effects , i still see jaggies ,look at the shoulder it haves sharp edges , it needs to be smooth and round.  sad.gif

incognegro

• Archived User
Ghost Recon 3
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2005, 06:45:00 AM »

didnt I tell you this guy is funny!?.......lol

anyways, i dont see any jaggies  rolleyes.gif

ever since the mtv unveiling, ive been saying that this game is absolutely beautiful. it, darkness and pgr3 both looked amazing at that show.

lostboyz

• Archived User
Ghost Recon 3
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2005, 08:09:00 AM »

this game is crap, look at that you can tell its not real. cmon its only 4 months before launch why cant you have perfection, i demand perfection damnit. [/Imfamous_One speak]

XBL_SUCKS

• Archived User
Ghost Recon 3
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2005, 09:33:00 AM »

Wow those are nice screens, I hope the game plays as good as it looks.

Deftech

• Archived User
Ghost Recon 3
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2005, 09:33:00 AM »

you guys are using the term jaggies incorrectly, or differently, and will tarnish my already tarnished name.

an ear not being true to form does not merit the use of the term jaggy, thats a geometric fault and is not caused by aliasing.

now if that deformed ear had jaggies, it would be doubly ugly, thus it does not, so its an anti aliased ear that the developer didnt make look true to life is all.

just trying to clear this up because when I whine about jaggies, it pertains to the Non use of anti aliasing, NOT what Infamous the testicle whines about.

incognegro doesnt see jaggies because hes looking for aliasing problems, there are none.

Infamous is talking about rough edges, things that should be round are not. Again, a geometry issue and not an aliasing issue.  tongue.gif

I hope we all learned something today. I am far more effed up than we had all imagined/hoped for, and I despise true jaggies, not an ear being slightly off.

another lesson, eat as  much pop.gif as possible and dont show Infamous the testicle any pics of ears on animals  ph34r.gif

rotfl.gif

deftonesmx17

• Archived User
Ghost Recon 3
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2005, 09:51:00 AM »

Well, I would consider it a TRUFORM problem. With ATI as the GFX technology we shouldnt even see sharp edges. Am I the only person who forces TRUFORM on my ATI chip in my PC. Hell I bet most people don't even know what I am talking about. Oh well tongue.gif

Deftech

• Archived User
Ghost Recon 3
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2005, 10:00:00 AM »

I dont have an ati card, just this 4 year old Geforce 3 bro, sowwy  sad.gif

but atleast you got my point.

the others will read my post and go "wtf is this fugger going on about?"  laugh.gif

how ya been!? keeping a low profile?

pop.gif

deftonesmx17

• Archived User
Ghost Recon 3
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2005, 10:04:00 AM »

I've been good.
Eh, I just don't have much to say anymore.

I have a laugh for you though.
http://forum.pesinsi...?t=23353&page=3
Read my post in this thread(yes my name on there is deftonesmx17 also) and then the first answer I get.

Deftech

• Archived User
Ghost Recon 3
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2005, 10:06:00 AM »

Bahahahahahahahahaaha  laugh.gif

ahh the masses never cease to amaze me.

LowProfileWurm

• Archived User
Ghost Recon 3
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2005, 12:17:00 PM »

Hahahaha, Deftones, you're awesome.  I thought you were just an Xbox hater or some odd mix of pc-die hard.  Turns out you really are just pissy.  Funny ass post.  Thanks for the laugh!  Aren't we all keeping a low profile... just waiting for WE9!

I'm kinda surprised people don't have the definition of "jaggies" memorized for all the press they got when AA first came out.  For the masses, jaggies are the stairstepping effect found on polygon edges... not the mismatching of polygons.  It's a small but very annoying problem with CG.  I think it has to do with the scalar nature of the polygons, but don't quote me on that.  Anyone with a pinch of knowledge about aliasing back me up here?

Mmmmmmm... Salma.... Almost perfect female.

deftonesmx17

• Archived User
Ghost Recon 3
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2005, 12:22:00 PM »

QUOTE(LowProfileWurm @ Jul 28 2005, 02:28 PM)
Hahahaha, Deftones, you're awesome.  I thought you were just an Xbox hater or some odd mix of pc-die hard.  Turns out you really are just pissy.  Funny ass post.  Thanks for the laugh!  Aren't we all keeping a low profile... just waiting for WE9!

beerchug.gif   beerchug.gif  beerchug.gif  beerchug.gif  beerchug.gif  beerchug.gif  beerchug.gif

I'm just a gamer that likes to knock on every system. They all have their faults.

Damnit, now you guys arent going to take me serious when I say bad things about the xbox anymore. tongue.gif

Deftech

• Archived User
Ghost Recon 3
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2005, 02:00:00 PM »

QUOTE(deftonesmx17 @ Jul 28 2005, 04:33 PM)
beerchug.gif   beerchug.gif  beerchug.gif  beerchug.gif  beerchug.gif  beerchug.gif  beerchug.gif

Master X

• Archived User
Ghost Recon 3
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2005, 02:10:00 PM »

I expected more, if those are the graphics for Xbox 360 then I think that I wil save my money for ps3.

Deftech

• Archived User
Ghost Recon 3
« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2005, 02:16:00 PM »

QUOTE(Master X @ Jul 28 2005, 06:21 PM)
I expected more, if those are the graphics for Xbox 360 then I think that I wil save my money for ps3.
Pages: [1] 2