xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Hook And Slice On Tiger Woods 2008  (Read 564 times)

Boiker

• Archived User
Hook And Slice On Tiger Woods 2008
« on: September 16, 2007, 04:15:00 AM »

How is everyone getting straight shots on this game! It's unbelievably sensitive. Almost every shot I do ends up off the course on tight courses, and not because I'm shoving it left or right; I look down and my stick is pretty much central, yet my ball is in the rough  sad.gif  It's ruining the game for me, I can pitch and putt well but the driving has a severe issue imo.

Anyone else having this problem?

Tripme

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2007, 09:33:00 PM »

Theres alot more than where your stick is when you finish the swing.  I am playing through 07 at the moment and I played the 08 demo.

If you pull back the stick to the left or right, it will affect your swing accordingly.  It also depends on how smooth your swing is.  For instance, you can't just hold the club back and expect a good swing.  I have never had it happen.  It just takes alot of practice.  I have been playing tiger woods since the first one on playstation one and i can still only hit the fairway maybe 60-70% of the time.

Basically, though, you have to pull back the stick straight AND push it foward straight.  Otherwise, you are looking for the rough.

Boiker

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2007, 03:41:00 PM »

I've got better at it over the past three days. Now I reckon I hit the fairway about 35% and I get it straight down the middle probably 10% of the time. That's with rookie players. With the pros it's a lot easier. The 3 click is even worse for me. The bar for the accuracy moves so quickly!

I've found it a lot easier to use the Pros with high stats then the rookie Tiger Woods I am using in Career mode. So for the sake of better gaming experience, I am contemplating purchasing the max stats thing for 200 points of XBL marketplace.

JustChill

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2008, 05:38:00 PM »

Just build up your player.  Get the stats up.  Buy clothes that help with ball striking and drive accuracy.

You arent supposed to hit every fairway when you start as a rookie.  You are supposed to struggle.  As your guy gets better, so will your accuracy