xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Tiger Woods 08 - Ea Taking Major Flak  (Read 548 times)

Boiker

• Archived User
Tiger Woods 08 - Ea Taking Major Flak
« on: September 03, 2007, 02:42:00 PM »

EA have a habit of this. Battlefield 2 Euro Forces comes to mind  rolleyes.gif

They ALWAYS completely underestimate the demand for their games/game features.

The servers weren't up to providing the first major patch for C&C 3 which balanced the teams; everyone wanted it and tried to get it at once. It would get right to the end and crash saying 'Patch download failed'. Useless.

BF2 Euro Forces was similar. It was a preload and was released on the exact time and the servers AGAIN screwed up and don't even get me started on the way they made sure you could only play it on one account. I had a '_' in my account name and put that in; but somehow they were under the impression it was a'-' so i never actually got to use the expansion  ohmy.gif

I'm always weary of EA because of this. But also, if you think about it, they are a business and if they provide extra bandwidth that costs money and no one uses it then thats money wasted. I just wished they had better ways to understand exactly how many people will want to use their stuff because at the moment they really suck at it  happy.gif

Chombie

• Archived User
Tiger Woods 08 - Ea Taking Major Flak
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2007, 03:53:00 PM »

You have to wonder if EA knows all of their games will be/are huge... but they downplay it to get posts like this to get the name out there. Maybe you don't wonder but I do  tongue.gif

Plus, I know it's in a Negative way but what if someone comes on and says, "Hey Tiger Woods '08, I'd really like that game!"

This is just a theory of course. lol