xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Anyone Yet?  (Read 1033 times)

Maverick0984

• Archived User
Anyone Yet?
« on: July 06, 2006, 07:17:00 PM »

anyone try this one out yet? how is it?

gordita37

• Archived User
Anyone Yet?
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2006, 02:16:00 PM »

I think im gonna go buy this game today pop.gif

Maverick0984

• Archived User
Anyone Yet?
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2006, 03:33:00 PM »

i really hope they release some kind of demo, but i'm afriad they will not

Overloaded

• Archived User
Anyone Yet?
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2006, 04:08:00 PM »

seems to have some framerate issues during the cutscenes when i was playing it earlier. but the gameplay is your basic go into your iventory and select your abilities then piont and click on the map to send your armies into battle.

i will also add that all the movies and gfx looks like it coulda been done for xbox1 instead of 360

gordita37

• Archived User
Anyone Yet?
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2006, 05:25:00 PM »

I agree with overload, theres some framerate issues with the actual in game as well. I think I regret buying it tongue.gif i'll give it another chance though pop.gif

gordita37

• Archived User
Anyone Yet?
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2006, 11:04:00 PM »

It just sucks on the first level when you play because you dont know whats going on and you dont get to build stuff tongue.gif Its getting better though. I think im chaning my mind from throwing it in the ebay sale bin pop.gif

Sidewinder007z

• Archived User
Anyone Yet?
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2006, 04:45:00 PM »

Saying it has "some" framerate issues is being kind.

This game is super herky jerky.

I realize there are a TON of things on the screen, but considering that the graphics
look like crap, it should not be choppy.

This game "so far" has the distinction of being the worst looking 360 game I own.
(and I have quite a few)

Hope some updates can help this puppy out!

Sidewinder007z

• Archived User
Anyone Yet?
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2006, 11:20:00 PM »

Well...I have an update on my experience with this game.

After level 1, the game becomes much smoother.

Maybe the first level has alot of caching going on?

I think I might actually continue to play this game now.

slimb

• Archived User
Anyone Yet?
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2006, 11:59:00 AM »

im seriously thinking about grabbing the game.  is there any real reason to get it for the PC versus the 360?

cerealkillajme

• Archived User
Anyone Yet?
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2006, 03:33:00 PM »

I finally picked this up. I admit the ingame graphics aren't that great, but it is an RTS. When you zoom out so you can see better the graphics aren't as good as if you zoom up close. The controls definately are weird, they do take some time to get used to. The intro scene to the game (not first level) is very nice and longer than most.

Brings back damn good times building stuff and creating armies, just like the ol' C&C. Overall I'm pleased with this game, it does have some issues, but I'm happy to have a true RTS.  smile.gif

crobar

• Archived User
Anyone Yet?
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2006, 04:57:00 PM »

i havent played much of any rts...but this game is damn fun...
fuck frame rate, fuck graphics, this game is fun
best video game ive bought in a while!

cerealkillajme

• Archived User
Anyone Yet?
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2006, 06:25:00 AM »

I got to play for a few more hours last night. I love this game. After about 1-2 hours you get used to the whole control scheme and can move around much easier. If you play the game in HD it looks 10x better (seriously), you can see the characters much better.

If you play as good then the first board you don't get to build anything, but the second board you can start building stuff. If you play as bad then you can build from the start (didn't play past 1st board). Most of the buildings are pretty neat and all are unique. Like in C&C you would have a silo and plant that would harvest resources (that stuff was pot, lol). Instead (if your good) you build a Tree that harvest resources.

Lots of upgrades for soldiers and buildings too. You have to upgrade each unit's armor though (but that can be good if you don't need every soldier to have strong armor). Also like C&C you have to build certain things before you can build some things. I like the look of the walls and you can build castle gates (makes it easy to get your men in and out of your base). I can't wait to get a good board to build a castle at.

Sound is great. You can tell a lot of the sound was modeled after the movie. When you tell your troops to move somewhere they will say shit like "like the wind", "for Rivendale", and other random shit like that. The in-game sound is great too (of course everything on 360 is HD and 5.1 dolby), if you have your surround right then you can actually hear where things are coming from.

Lot of memorable charcaters too. Pretty much all the characters in the movie seem to be in the game.

I also like the achievement breakdown too. You get some achievements that are Single Player only and then there are some good Online achievements too. I hate games that have no online achievements (but I also hate the ones that are sick like get 1st rank, WTF).

The unit movements took a while to get used to also. I'm still not fully used to it yet, but you highlight a unit with "A" then you hit "RT" and you bring up like a blade and on that blade you can select what you want them to do. Also on that same blade thing you can select between your Builders, Heros, (one other thing I forget) and your Bookmarks (I haven't used it, but it seems you can bookmark certain groups and be able to access them easily with the blade).

I love this game and can't wait to get home to play it again. Anybody who does give this game a shot, make sure to play at least 2 full boards or maybe even 3, but you'll have a much better outlook on it than if you only play 1 board and hate it. I know people say to get used to FFXI and you'll like it, but I put 15 hours into that game and still hated it. I didn't hate this one at first, but I do have to say I was much more impressed and my overall view of the game was heightened after beating the 1st 3 boards and getting a little more story and a little more options in the building.

Definatly at least worth a rental.  smile.gif

bunun

• Archived User
Anyone Yet?
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2006, 09:26:00 AM »

i heard the live aspect of this game is horrid, correct ?

crobar

• Archived User
Anyone Yet?
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2006, 11:19:00 AM »

i gave live a shot last night...
damn
i did a "quickplay" as if that exists wiht this kind of game...
but i shoved me into a mach i had no choice of character or anything...
of course i was dwarfs aginast the big evil eliphant things...the game was over shortly after i finished adding enough mines to fund my army.

but it was still damn fun

it amazes me how long i play this game for i played the dwarf leve against the dragon last night took for ever!
i guess its the fact that ive neer played rts games mainly fps...

Sidewinder007z

• Archived User
Anyone Yet?
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2006, 08:37:00 PM »

Well I finished the good campaign.  THIS game is freakin' awesome.   And this is coming from someone who originally said it sucked!!
Granted I played on easy, but I had to get used to the control scheme... It is different without a mouse and keyboard.  I think it would be cool if EA made an update that would make use of a wireless keyboard and mouse.
Pages: [1] 2