xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Lotr: Battle Of Middle Earth Ii Announced For 360  (Read 591 times)

KAGE360

• Archived User
Lotr: Battle Of Middle Earth Ii Announced For 360
« on: January 13, 2006, 08:03:00 AM »

Apparently EA has announced the new LOTR Battle For Middle Earth game for the Xbox360. This should not shock anyone, as the game is pretty much tailor-made for the console. EA also promises we will have screenshots from the gamer later today. Stay tunes. Click on read more for the press release.

http://www.gamersreports.com/news/956/

not even really sure what type of game this is, is it maybe the huge scale war strategy game?  either way good news that yet another game is announced for the 360.  its starting to see that every other day (or atleast a couple times every week) a new 360 game is announced.  keep 'em coming!

LowProfileWurm

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2006, 08:35:00 AM »

It's a RTS game.  A shitty one, but an RTS none the less.

This wholesomely surprises me.... an RTS game on a console.  I hope it's done right so Westwood/EA bring Command & Conquer to the 360.  I'm certainly interested in how they plan to implement the play mechanics.

KAGE360

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2006, 11:14:00 AM »

new info and screens at the end of the page....

http://www.gamersreports.com/news/960/

bluvasa

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2006, 05:48:00 PM »

Well this sounds promising to me.  I really like RTS games and maybe they will find a way to make the 360 controller work well.

I haven't played an RTS on a console since Herzog Zwei on the genesis.  Any of you guys remember that one? biggrin.gif

Let's hope it works.