xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Oblivion Vs Skyrim  (Read 864 times)

beastJane02

• Archived User
Oblivion Vs Skyrim
« on: February 11, 2013, 01:27:00 AM »

Have you guys played Skyrim? It's my favourite game, but i didn't play any other elder scrolls. Comparing Skyrim and Oblivion - could you tell which one is better? Are they similar?

missourigirl61

• Archived User
Oblivion Vs Skyrim
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2013, 08:15:00 AM »

I really liked skyrim, but absolutely loved elder scrolls IV. You had a lot more than just going around and killing people. Just don't leave your horse at a stable where an Ork is, cause they'll eat your horse.

theEVOL1

• Archived User
Oblivion Vs Skyrim
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2013, 11:09:00 AM »

QUOTE(missourigirl61 @ Feb 11 2013, 10:15 AM) View Post

I really liked skyrim, but absolutely loved elder scrolls IV.

I agree! I'm not going to go as far as saying I was disappointed with Skyrim. It was a fantastic game! But Oblivion was just something else!

In Oblivion, I really got to know a lot of NPCs and knew where I was in every city. In Skyrim, it just never felt as deep and personal. Plus the map for Skyrim is just awful in my opinion.

Of course, I played Oblivion first and had the feel for it going into Skyrim. Since you played, and enjoyed Skyrim first, you may find Oblivion not living up to your expectations. Either way, they are both incredible games if you like the genre! You can't go wrong!

beastJane02

• Archived User
Oblivion Vs Skyrim
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2013, 02:34:00 AM »

What about storyline? is it similar to Skyrim? And how is world in game? I haven't seen such a beautiful and huge world in any other game.