xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Jtag Oblivion Mods - What Is Working So Far  (Read 989 times)

juggahax0r

• Archived User
Jtag Oblivion Mods - What Is Working So Far
« on: June 25, 2010, 09:21:00 PM »

Here is my most recent video. CLick Click

Also check out my youtube channel to see all my most recent work.

If some more people get interested in this we will be able to get a lot more stuff working. I am getting a grasp on the Construction set because a lot of these will be needed to be built from scratch.

The Natural Weather that I am using for Natural Environments was made by myself , I basically just copied the work from the original and tweaked it slightly beyond for a slightly different effect, and I didn't do any texture replacement.  Here is the list of what I have working, this was also in the previous thread but that thread is 4 years old. One more note, if you make the container packasges you will need to unlock them using Xm360 after you put them in the content folder, Xm360 will find them and unlock them.

Natural Weather
 Natural Vegetation
 Bright Torches
 Phoenix Equipment
 Natural Habitats
 Bravil Harbor
 Adense's better Waterfront
 My Safehouse
 Enhanced Water

I also have my Oblivion.ini edited to add more shadows and reflections.  Anyone interested can use my work to get the mods working for Fallout 3 also. I don't have the PC version of Fallout 3 so I don't have a way to make mods for it.

This post has been edited by juggahax0r: Jun 26 2010, 04:26 AM

Mallatic

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2010, 04:18:00 PM »

Good job man keep em coming! I have been messing around with stuff,lot easier now to sort stuff since i consolidated everything into to just the one data folder and deleted data2.

red_ring_of_box

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2010, 08:27:00 PM »

Hey Jugga I got a few questions?

Does Oblivion crash for you the same way Fallout 3 does for me. For example I will be walking around the wasteland out in the open and whenever my character goes into a new area that has to be loaded the game will freeze with mods on, but loads just fine going vanilla. Though closed cells like Megaton or any other room works just fine.

I've tested the mods separately and they all do the same thing. Just wondering what you've done with the default.xex or to your mods in general that would be different from what I did.

What I did:

Get the title update for fallout 3.

Patch default.xex with default.xexp using xextool.

Mod Fallout.ini using archiveinvalidate method.(set bLoadFaceGenHeadEGTFiles=1)

Downloaded a mod and converted only the .esp file into a live container using Le Fluffie app.

Put converted mod into dlc folder and played.(also tried unlocking it with yaris swap and did still freezes)

Info:

Running game and mods from Hdd.

Not trying to divert this thread as I figured this info could be helpful to both Oblivion and FO3 games if the solutions are found to anyone who is also experiencing problems like me.

juggahax0r

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2010, 10:11:00 PM »

I haven't ever tried any archive invalidation at all.
 I build my packages a little differently (x*ast) but i don't think that is the problem. I do sometimes get crashes all my videos represent what I have been able to get working without it crashing , i have tried a lot of different mods.

I haven't patched my xex at all maybe that is your problem?? It's really hard to say because we have type of debug output, at least on windows it will crash to the desktop pretty reliably. If you are using dashlaunch 1.0 you will get reboots instead of crashes , but not always when doing this type of stuff.

I am going to try some FO3 mods , but they don't seem to have the same stuff made for it , like NE is one of my favorite mods. do they have anything like that for FO3?

Do you have the CS for FO3?

I would try with an unpatched version of the default.xex , I had SI running but all my textures and world objects were gone in game and I basically fell through the world.

Mallatic

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2010, 11:04:00 PM »

Yeah i don't think you need to patch the .xex file,i am running quite a few mods for oblivion and havent run into any problems yet once they actualy load into the game(except for mods with land,character or building textures),the game sometimes will lock up when loading the DLC packages that i made myself though,and some mods just flat out don't work for me but other than that it has workded fine,i have even modded the opening video scenes to use nicer ones.

This post has been edited by Mallatic: Jun 28 2010, 06:07 AM

Mallatic

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2010, 10:10:00 PM »

Well i have been having a blast just playing again on the 360,my runs the game fine but i find myself constantly trying to add new mods to the PC version or did rather instead of playing the game,btw when you get your natural weather mod you made finished or what you have done so dar even you should post it somwhere i would like to try the mods you are using yourself also had to you get the better waterfront mod to work,i made it like my usual packages and its not showing for some reason like my others are.

PS: also could you post your .ini edits here if possible?

This post has been edited by Mallatic: Jun 30 2010, 05:14 AM

red_ring_of_box

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2010, 08:11:00 PM »

I'm gonna move my problem over to the Fallout 3 section guys, I got a dazzle today and I have already made some videos of it so you can see what I'm talking about. I've already got one up on youtube but its more of a blooper because I forgot to put the needed files for one of my mods to run back in place. I'll have the freezing video up a little later tonight.

Video of what happens when you don't put the files where they should be rolleyes.gif:

iwanttheagrocrag

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2010, 06:30:00 AM »

O.k. i was gonna wait for New Vegas but you got me interested, Has anyone checked out the Hoverchair for Fallout 3 it looks really good. I'm gonna go see if it works on 360.

juggahax0r

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2010, 09:36:00 AM »

I seriously doubt that one will work , too much stuff needs to be added. But i did get a gun working in Oblivion , I may give that one a shot because that would be pretty cool.

red_ring_of_box

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2010, 01:23:00 PM »

ya anything needing Fallout Script Enabler(FOSE) wont work on the 360 version, though the source code for it was released I think making a port to the 360 version is close to impossible.

juggahax0r

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2010, 02:33:00 PM »

Yea I installed before i realized it needed the script extender , And surprisingly it didn't crash it just gave me an error that it needed the extender. I haven't tried with FO3 yet because i have had trouble just with modded game saves crashing the game so i have been leary. But i started a little...If you go to my website (the link in my signature) me and Mallatic from here have a discussion going on their , i have a possible solution to our texture problem..I have not tested it yet but i am actually doing that right now.

Team Xlink

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2010, 07:35:00 PM »

I read through the original thread, and did a search on nouveau and this is what I came up with:

http://nouveau.freedesktop.org/wiki/GraphicStackOverview

You have probably already read through that though.

I cannot help at all, I don't have an extra Xbox 360 to J-Tag, despite having the hardware to do so. It's a great way to make money though.

juggahax0r

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2010, 08:57:00 PM »

Here are some new videos it seems like everyone has dropped off of the Oblivion modding scene. I have just been making my own mods for the game using the construction set. This is where my work has gotten me so far.

As long as you have both the 360 and PC versions updated to the same level and as long as you don't make an error that would cause either PC or 360 versions to crash they will work.  The version numbers are different. the 360 high version number is 1.2.1 and the PC 1.2.0416, so the 360 version is actually a little higher, if you can find an older TU for Oblivion you can probably drop it down and have even more compatibility, but as far as I know they never made a newer patch for the PC version because of the unofficial patches and stuff.

I think the problem with texture mods is not the .ddx/.dds format I think the problem is that user made textures don't display correctly on the 360 because it is more specialized to use only textures with certain image properties. Evidence of this can be seen when you look at a mod like phoenix equipment, it uses .dds and they display , they aren't as good as they are on the PC and their are certain weird things about them but they do work. I also installed and got working Imperial City Furniture , however they textures were all gray no color just a shape.

I went through and adjusted a ton of settings for HDR lighting and weather coloring patterns and have made something that i think looks very similar to Natural Weather by Max_Tael , the difference being I have not used any texture replacement, and Max_tael used extensive HD images some of them from NASA and other well known places, and Natural Environments is the best mod ever for Oblivion. I have MOST of it running the Weather is the one which replaces textures and I cannot use that everything else is fine though.

Archive Invalidation is not listed in the Oblivion.ini for the 360 and if you add the line where it would normally be it is ignored if you make an ArchiveInvalidation file, so texture replacement without an .esp to go with it won't work either. Unless I was just doing something wrong, which I doubt considering I have modded the PC version plenty to know what I am doing.  On a side note to that I got the idea to try it by looking at the Fallout.ini from Fallout 3, it does have archive invalidation listed so I am wondering if we can't get regular texture replacements to work or not with FO3.

Mods which include BSA archives can be used without a problem..However you need to unpack the BSA and use it in the textures and meshes folders. When you unpack them it automatically breaks them into the proper folders for you just add them to your game folder like you would on the PC version mod with a textures/meshes folder this also goes for sounds or whatever folders are included.. I have also noticed that anything with a texture replacement requires the texture folders be in the content package and the game folder, I am guessing but not sure that the .esp from the content package uses them from the game folder, but the 360 can only load them from the content package so somehow putting them in both works, i have tried 3 different ways and have confirmed the only way it works is with them in both.

You can get the grass to display much farther if you adjust the grassenddistance and grassstartfadedistance in the Oblivion.ini , you can also turn reflections for statics actors objects and items on and get much better water reflections. If you try too much ini tweaking you will constantly crash the system but these 2 things work well. Basically you see all the grass in front of you and pretty good distances away no more fading in and out , and the water reflects almost everything in your FOV. I am going to put links to my PC plugins from TESNEXUS that shouldn't be against the rules it's not illegal to make the plugins. If you want them in content package form for Jtags ready to go PM me and I can send you a link.

Juggas Pirate Ship

Jugga's Imperial City Safehouse

Jugga's Weather Overhaul

Newest Video Showing mostly my HDR changes.

The Pirate ship is very basic their is not much in it except a chest with some high-level weapons and armor, same with the safehouse you can find the safehouse next to Wawnett inn in the Imperial City. My weather Overhaul changes and certainly improves upon the HDR lighting effects and makes the coloring during all weather types more realistic. I hope someone actually reads this and finds this useful and helps me a little, I seem to be the only one doing this on the 360. When I get a high-end PC you won't see me doing this anymore it will be all PC mods until then expect to see more even if I don't get any help.

cancerous1

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2010, 01:43:00 AM »

Thanks for sharing what worked for you and what didn't. here's a little more info on textures http://forums.xna.com/forums/t/43208.aspx (not the thread i was looking for that had more info that that one, but if i find it I'll post it up here.)

This post has been edited by cancerous1: Jul 15 2010, 08:45 AM