xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Elder Scrolls Oblivion  (Read 292 times)

shawnlogic

• Archived User
Elder Scrolls Oblivion
« on: August 23, 2005, 11:09:00 AM »

The combat isn't anything like Fable.  To get a feel for it, just rent Morrowind from blockbuster or something.

Here's an E3 Preview for Oblivion: http://www.gamespot....ew_6125686.html

Deftech

• Archived User
Elder Scrolls Oblivion
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2005, 11:13:00 AM »

its not turn based so you'll probably like it...

The ONLY RPG's I have ever liked was Morrowind and Fable. I have a feeling you and I are alike when it comes to rpg's.

I just couldnt finish morrowind because it was too fugly on the hdtv. Oblivion will fix that  beerchug.gif

KAGE360

• Archived User
Elder Scrolls Oblivion
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2005, 11:26:00 AM »

if you like fable you will love oblivion.  it is a good idea to rent marrowind but keep in mind that is only a taste to how good oblivion should be.

Shawn_

• Archived User
Elder Scrolls Oblivion
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2005, 01:04:00 PM »

word of warning- if you like Morrowind, a rental will not be enough. The game is massive, beyond massive.

I played it for months, created many characters, went on tons of quests and adventures, and I never touched the main story.

gordita37

• Archived User
Elder Scrolls Oblivion
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2005, 01:44:00 PM »

I got morrowind a long time ago... Played it the first day for about an hour or two... I didnt know what the hell to do uhh.gif I just went around killing things in the wild... Then a saw a town and got bored so I died while trying to attack some guards I think it was... blink.gif

Tripme

• Archived User
Elder Scrolls Oblivion
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2005, 08:18:00 PM »

A mix between Fable and Morrowind.......I can only wait and imagine.  That was my only problem with Morrowind, couldnt stand the "you might strike if the dice lands right" combat.  Either way, I love games with such open endedness.  You're gonna love Oblivion man... beerchug.gif

Deftech

• Archived User
Elder Scrolls Oblivion
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2005, 08:36:00 PM »

ok fellas, stop with the talk ok?

I cant take it anymore

first the recon 3 vid, and now Im imagining playing Oblivion..stop!!!

Damnit November!!! get the fug here!! NOW!!!!!!

gordita37

• Archived User
Elder Scrolls Oblivion
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2005, 10:33:00 PM »

Someone feel like enlightening my ass? Does Oblivion get released first day?! blink.gif .. I never really looked into it since I never really played morrowind... But all this talk about how great it is must mean that I must give it another go biggrin.gif .. Then get Oblivion tongue.gif

Deftech

• Archived User
Elder Scrolls Oblivion
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2005, 11:14:00 PM »

Yes Oblivion is a launch day title.

Imagine Morrowind with better fighting and use of magic, and the graphics, and the Ai, and all of it!  love.gif

gordita37

• Archived User
Elder Scrolls Oblivion
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2005, 11:40:00 PM »

As soon as I attempt to play morrowind again, my imagination will get horny love.gif

deliverymanxas

• Archived User
Elder Scrolls Oblivion
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2005, 12:49:00 AM »

biggrin.gif
I been reading these posts and must say that now I am more anxious to buy now than ever.  Played Morrowind for almost 400 days, in game.  I know thats not that much, but it racked up the hours.  Didnt even touch the game as far as some of you guys go...but anyways...didnt write to tell you that.
I read somewhere, E3 I think, that when the testing for the game was going on, one tester was shooting arrows at a bucket hanging from a nail, or rope, or something...and the bucket would lean farther and farther with each arrow that stuck into the side!!!  If the rest of the game takes reality this seriously, I will fight everybody in line ahead of me just to get the first copy from that store...just kidding.  But seriously, I CANT WAIT TO PLAY OBLIVION!!!!!
Oh, and definately rent morrowind, its more than worth the 7 bux to play.  Or buy for 20 and you can own one of the greatest platform games ever created.

beerchug.gif

Deftech

• Archived User
Elder Scrolls Oblivion
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2005, 10:08:00 AM »

blink.gif

KAGE360

• Archived User
Elder Scrolls Oblivion
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2005, 10:30:00 AM »

i read what your talking about with the bucket.  the bucket would lean because of the weight of the arrows and when he took the arrows out of the bucket it would bounce back up-right.  they also talked about fruit and changes i believe and how the detailed physics controlled all of it.  i know ill have a lot of fun in this game just trying to abuse the physics with crazy things.  wonder if it effects the gameplay at all.  would be great to be able to drop a table or rock on someone and see them get crushed.

Deftech

• Archived User
Elder Scrolls Oblivion
« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2005, 11:00:00 AM »

QUOTE(KAGE360 @ Aug 25 2005, 02:41 PM)
would be great to be able to drop a table or rock on someone and see them get crushed.

KAGE360

• Archived User
Elder Scrolls Oblivion
« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2005, 11:53:00 AM »

i know i know, if they even keep the bucket physics in i could shoot buckets all day long
Pages: [1] 2