xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: 3 Oblivion Pics...high Res  (Read 412 times)

Deftech

• Archived User
3 Oblivion Pics...high Res
« on: July 22, 2005, 02:43:00 PM »

High res versions available

http://news.teamxbox...on-Screenshots/

Deftech

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2005, 02:46:00 PM »

I'm trying to ignore the jaggies  sad.gif

twistedsymphony

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2005, 02:49:00 PM »

CHRIST man... can you get over the Jaggies  laugh.gif  I mean c'mon those are some beautiful pics and we KNOW for a fact that AA will be available once it's done.

If you wan to see it without the Jaggies... throw it in Photoshop double the resolution, do a Gaussian Blur of 1 pixel and then shrink it back down to normal  tongue.gif

^Just pulling that out of my ass, but who knows it might work  laugh.gif

Deftech

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2005, 03:00:00 PM »

lol, nice suggestions

and No I will never get over them. if 360 didnt use MSAA/FSAA, id be out of gaming for good(cant stand pc gaming anymore so dont go there).

I dont like them in screen grabs on the net or on my theatre screen  tongue.gif

In my opinion they have plagued gaming and have ruined some games for me that otherwise would have been memorable. Im a graphics whore, I cant help it. It gets worse as I get older too  uhh.gif

ok im done bitching, whos got the  pop.gif

beerchug.gif

Deftech

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2005, 03:31:00 PM »

how can you not see jaggies in those pics  blink.gif

click on the HD ones.

4X MSAA should do a better job than 4X FSAA just by the way it works, but yes its still only 4x. Running in 720p/1080i alone should help to minimize. Add the MSAA in and they shouldnt be that noticable.

Amped 2 in 720p is glorious, almost removed all the jaggies. It would have been sex for the eyes if it used FSAA at all.  love.gif

Carlo210

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2005, 04:26:00 PM »

Come on, there aren't that many jaggies. They are way way smaller than any jaggies we currently see on any xbox title.
I'd be fine with how it looks now, but everything will be great with anti aliasing. Image these jaggies 1/4th the size they are in these pics.  love.gif

Edit: wow I realized that all these pictures are are shots of the game in the HD resolution.
Man, are we suckered in by ''view the hd'tv' version of these screens''.
That's what we Always see. If we are running an hd resolution (higher than 480i) then everything we see on our computer is in hd. They are just trying to hype up the whole HDTV deal.
These pictures aren't any different than any other pics we'd see of halo2 etc on our computer.

The only difference here is that the actual game is in a higher resolution (hd) which means that these pictures actually MEAN something since the final product can look something along those lines.

Basically, there is no point in them saying that the screenshot is in high Definition because everything else is too.

Carlo210

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2005, 04:43:00 PM »

Opps, sorry for the double post, but I just noticed, after looking at the sizes of the other pictures (pixel wise) that these are higher res pics. My bad.  smile.gif

Twasi

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2005, 07:19:00 PM »

Oh man, I looked at them and thought "holy shit those are som big jaggies, am I the only one that is going to see them?" then I scroll down and see everyones comments haha. Yeah those are pretty  bad....  I'm sure when AA is on it will reduce the jaggies so I barely notice them.

enixn

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2005, 07:20:00 PM »

heh

Deftech

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2005, 08:00:00 PM »

QUOTE(Twasi @ Jul 22 2005, 11:30 PM)
Oh man, I looked at them and thought "holy shit those are som big jaggies, am I the only one that is going to see them?"

Andy51

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2005, 09:08:00 PM »

I notice the jaggies but i'm not hardcore gamer so yeah "THE GAME LOOKS FUCKING BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!" cool.gif  pop.gif  beerchug.gif  love.gif

Staple

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2005, 09:11:00 PM »

looks real nice

Deftech

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2005, 09:47:00 PM »

QUOTE(Andy51 @ Jul 23 2005, 01:19 AM)
I notice the jaggies but i'm not hardcore gamer so yeah "THE GAME LOOKS FUCKING BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!" cool.gif  pop.gif  beerchug.gif  love.gif

m_hael

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2005, 05:57:00 PM »

QUOTE(Deftech @ Jul 22 2005, 09:58 PM)
Im not a hardcore gamer either, I play one and move on. I'm just a hardcore graphics whore that has been waiting for some form of FSAA to be standardized for the past 5 years, and its finally happening!

Deftech

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2005, 06:02:00 PM »

QUOTE(m_hael @ Jul 23 2005, 10:08 PM)
you know... on most games.. it makes VERY little difference when you're already running at 720p
Pages: [1] 2