xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: The Darkness Automatic Update?  (Read 571 times)

bluejonny

• Archived User
The Darkness Automatic Update?
« on: July 13, 2007, 09:18:00 AM »

HI there

This is a post from another topic I have put up that may interest you!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am having a similar problem to the point that I changed my drive completely and added the extreme firmware to play my backup version of The Darkness from my original. (I rarely use the original now as my XBOX360 has been guilty of scratching some discs). Recently though the machine has started to say "Disk Read Error" on the backup disk, even though the drive today is brand spanking new. Original works fine, but I am loathed to use it!!

I do wonder that if the update that had to be applied to play the game is detecting the firmware and then throwing up that issue. I have been using DataSafe DVD DL+R (to backup) and when I first started getting the problem, the easiest and quickest thing to do was to change the drive for a new one (i was getting other issues with the drive besides that - mechanically it was sounding rough and not picking up disks).

I am wondering whether anyone else has picked up on this problem with a possible ingame firmware check to prevent a backup from working?

Cheers

JB