xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Demo Out  (Read 799 times)

penguin318

• Archived User
Demo Out
« on: August 21, 2007, 05:32:00 PM »

wow just got this played it and deleted it, i'll take THPS1 over this pile of crap, nice one EA

ReZTeR

• Archived User
Demo Out
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2007, 03:51:00 AM »

Yeah I agree, I fucking love this game it's sooo realistic and free were as TH is very restricting and just fucking ridiculously stupid in parts. I can't wait for this game to be released, it's going to be awesome. I love the physics on it and how you can virtually do anything you want, way to go EA!

FCTE

• Archived User
Demo Out
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2007, 07:03:00 PM »

I think it blows Tony Hawk away.

Druggedpolak

• Archived User
Demo Out
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2007, 08:18:00 PM »

I hated the controls and thought it was horrible with the view / trick button combinations. I've always liked the tony hawk series though. I'm going to have another go later on  wink.gif

Drafter

• Archived User
Demo Out
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2007, 05:59:00 AM »

I also thought this demo was good, and will probably buy the game when it comes out.

and its true, once you get over the initial shock of it not being a "Tony Hawk" game, its pretty fun.

I still go for the "Y" button for grinds, and "A" for my ollies every now and then, and it can get pretty frustrating to try and land a trick you really want to pull off. Ive played the demo about 6 times now, and 3 of those times was trying to pull off ONE sick grind.

I honestly cant wait to get this game and skate with a few people online.

Only problems i noticed that i didnt like from the game were, FIRST the Camera is a little beserk somtimes, i wish it were steadier or somthing.. somtimes its hard to see the ramp, or stairs your about to bust a trick off when your approaching it. Makes it a little bit hard to line up somtimes.. and SECOND, is anyone else having trouble getting going in the bowls? and half pipe type areas? ive figured you have to push your "body stick" forward, just before you go up, but it is difficult at the least.

Drafter

• Archived User
Demo Out
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2007, 08:33:00 AM »

oh, forgot to mention, not being able to get off the board and walk up stairs and things like that may be a bit of a problem when your trying to nail certain areas.. having to skate all the way around, and back up to the spot you start your trick at can be teedious.

makaveli91

• Archived User
Demo Out
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2007, 05:59:00 PM »

QUOTE(Drafter @ Aug 27 2007, 06:35 AM) View Post

I still go for the "Y" button for grinds, and "A" for my ollies every now and then, and it can get pretty frustrating to try and land a trick you really want to pull off. Ive played the demo about 6 times now, and 3 of those times was trying to pull off ONE sick grind.

That just goes to show that the game is more realistic than THPS..  When i first started skating, i wanted to just do a boardslide off of the edge of a garden near my towns beach.  I couldn't hit it right away.  It takes time, and thats the sweet part of the game.  I think it'll be the skaters that tend to appreciate the work that it will take to master tricks where the gamers that haven't skated will want to have the availability that came with the THPS series..  A to ollie and X to do a trick.

grim_d

• Archived User
Demo Out
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2007, 04:57:00 PM »

QUOTE(Drafter @ Aug 28 2007, 04:09 PM) View Post

oh, forgot to mention, not being able to get off the board and walk up stairs and things like that may be a bit of a problem when your trying to nail certain areas.. having to skate all the way around, and back up to the spot you start your trick at can be teedious.

remember in thps1 you couldnt even MANUAL.

I love this demo and im eagerly awaiting the full game, the motion capturing for tricks is perfect and it all looks so real, using the stick for tricks is so much more satisfying than mashing a button.

Pulling off things like hardflips, 360 flips and impossible seems to be tricky, but i'd image with the control list in front of me i'll get to grips with it.

A few things i didnt like are the camera angle, but i'll get used to that, landing in normal manual is verging on impossible but landing in nose manual is piss easy. The grey corners mimiking a camera are really annoying too.

Sick Wit itt

• Archived User
Demo Out
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2007, 09:22:00 AM »

i think it owns THPS by far just im not really into skating games id rather just skate.

gcskate27

• Archived User
Demo Out
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2007, 06:00:00 PM »

great game... if you dont like it, you obviously dont skate...