xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Online?  (Read 204 times)

retep9990

• Archived User
Online?
« on: August 28, 2006, 10:48:00 PM »

for the people who got it (will be more im posting this pretty late lol) how does online mode work? im curious because thats gunna be the push or pull to me getting it

woofis

• Archived User
Online?
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2006, 01:14:00 PM »

from the saints row forums:
MP FAQ

How do I start a game?
 a.   When in the Xbox Live menu you can choose to match make with others, start a party, or join a party.
 b. To match make you can choose to quick match or look for a custom match. Quick Match simply looks for a random game type based on whether you want to do a Ranked Match or Player Match. Using Custom Match you can select what game mode you would like to play.
 c. If you want to play with friends you can start a party from the Create Party tab. When you have a Party lobby running you can select what mode and map you’d like to play as well as choose custom settings. You can also invite others into your lobby via the Xbox Guide. Friends can also join your party if they wish. Once you have all the people you like you can start a match or choose to match make with everyone in the party.

How do I create a gang?
 a. To create a gang go to the Gangs tab in the Xbox Live menu. If you are not already a member of a gang you can then choose to create one. When you do you are asked to create a name and you can optionally input a URL for your gang’s website and a motto for your gang.

How do I invite people to join my gang?
 a. Once you have created a gang you can invite people by selecting Invite to Gang from the Gangs tab. This will bring up the guide and allow you to send an invite over Xbox Live to any friends or recent players.

Why wasn’t my gang invite received?
 a. Gang invites will only work if the recipient has registered themselves with our gang service. This is automatically done when they play a multiplayer match over Live.

How do I leave a gang?
 a. To leave a gang choose the “End Gang Affiliation” from the Gangs tab. You will receive a confirmation pop-up to make sure you really want to leave the gang.

What do the little men mean in the matchmaking screen?
 a. The men on the matchmaking screen represent the number of people currently matched and the potential number that can be supported given the bandwidth available to the people currently matched.
 b. If the men are outlined that means you can have another person join that slot, and if they are shaded white then someone is in that matchmaking slot. The total of these two types are the number of people that can be in the match.
 c. As you matchmake into games and play them the Saints Row game will work to determine your current network bandwidth. It will also adjust to this in real time if you have other computers using the network bandwidth at the same time. This can cause the number of people you can support to change over time.
 d.   To get the number of people you can support up to its maximum amount simply play in games and join matches.

How much bandwidth do I need to support different numbers of players
 a. Either you or someone in your match has to have enough bandwidth to support the number of players in the match. This means that even if you have a connection that only has limited bandwidth support you will still be able to match into bigger games if you connect with someone with more bandwidth. The Saints Row networking engine will find this out for you and set up the game in the best way possible.
 b. If you have 360 kilobits/sec downstream bandwidth (Many cable modems and DSL lines can support this) you will be able to support full twelve player matches. If you have at least 210kilobits/sec downstream you will be able to support eight player games.

How do I earn money for customizing my online character?
 Play in Ranked multiplayer matches.  Even players that lose the match earn some money.  Non-ranked matches do not award money.

How do I customize my online character?
 a. In the customization tab in the Xbox Live menu you can choose to modify your character’s body, change clothes, and purchase clothing, jewelry and tattoos.
 b. You can also import a body from single player in the Body selection. You cannot import SP clothes, jewelry or tattoos, only the initial body type.

How many modes are there and what are they?
 a. We have 8 modes: Gangster Brawl, Team Gangster Brawl, Big Ass Chains, Team Big Ass Chains, Protect Tha Pimp, Blinged Out Ride, Co-op.
 b.   GB and TGB: Basic deathmatch
 c. BAC and TBAC: Deathmatch with a twist. In this mode each player spawns with a chain. If they die they drop the chain and anyone else can pick it up. They can then take the chains to a drop off location to score points. The more chains you drop off the more points you get each time.
 d. Protect Tha Pimp: Two teams, one team has the pimp and they are protecting him. The other team of assassins is out to kill the pimp. The pimp has more HP but can only use a one-hit-kill melee attack. The pimp needs to get to the exit before he is killed in order to win.

Why should I always finish matches?
 a.   In MP, cash is tracked separately from SP.  Everytime you finish a ranked match you get some cash. You also get more cash for winning the match. With cash you can buy more clothing, jewelry and tattoos for your player.

How do I use System Link?

a.   If you have 2 or more 360’s linked on a LAN you can play a system link game, which doesn’t require Live.

How do I create a Private Party?
 a. In the create party tab you can select the Private Party option. When the lobby is created only people you invite can join the lobby.

retep9990

• Archived User
Online?
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2006, 01:28:00 PM »

THANKS ALOT MAN!!!