xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: New Saints Row Pics.....  (Read 772 times)

Carlo210

• Archived User
New Saints Row Pics.....
« Reply #30 on: September 10, 2005, 11:49:00 PM »

QUOTE(Deftech @ Sep 11 2005, 07:11 AM)
Oblivion looks like a souped up PC game, a very good one ofcourse.

What's that supposed to mean?  :grr:

lol
I'm guessing you mean that it's not based on Xbox 360 architecture, but oh it is.
Bethseda is putting more work into making the game take advantage of each of Xbox360's components (not just cores, but gpu threads, memory, and the harddrive) compared to the pc version because, well, the pc version can't be too good (hardware-intensive wise) because then no one would be able to play it.

Deftech

• Archived User
New Saints Row Pics.....
« Reply #31 on: September 11, 2005, 12:05:00 AM »

Im only talking about its graphics.

To me, in general, it looks like a high end pc game, and yes the best rigs will run it. They said that themselves, but having the 360 version insures you get the best version.

Im not taking into consideration anything else but graphics.

taken directly from their site..

PC Screens:
http://www.elderscrolls.com/art/obliv_pc_screens_01.htm

360 Screens:
http://www.elderscrolls.com/art/obliv_xbox360_screens_01.htm
Having Xbox 360-quality visuals on the PC is definitely possible, but you'll need a monster of a machine. "The advantage of the Xbox 360 is that it's designed to run our game, period. You know if you have a 360 it will look as good as it can possibly look," said Pete Hines, VP of public relations at Bethesda, in an interview with The Console Wars. "If you have the latest, greatest PC with the best video card, etc., it will probably look the same as the Xbox 360 version. Anything else will probably lag behind."

Not only does Bethesda expect the Xbox 360 version to allow some of the best graphics, but they simply recommend the console version outright over the PC game. That's not to say there's any less effort being poured into the PC version, but in terms of ease-of-use and bang-for-your-buck, they say picking up an Xbox 360 makes sense.

So any current rig that can run Oblivion, VISUALLY, almost the same as the 360, doesnt warrant next gen in my opinion. Thats not a good example though because...

Could a high end PC run Gears? Im sure it could, but the difference is that Gears LOOKS next gen.

Remember, Im talking visuals only  :beer:

This post has been edited by Deftech: Sep 11 2005, 07:13 AM

brooksie48

• Archived User
New Saints Row Pics.....
« Reply #32 on: September 11, 2005, 12:08:00 AM »

PGR3 questionable?!! :blink:

Deftech

• Archived User
New Saints Row Pics.....
« Reply #33 on: September 11, 2005, 12:10:00 AM »

QUOTE(brooksie48 @ Sep 11 2005, 01:43 AM)
PGR3 questionable?!! :blink:

Not questionable by me, by others. That game "looks" incredible in motion and that was on older kits  :blink:

Master X

• Archived User
New Saints Row Pics.....
« Reply #34 on: September 10, 2005, 11:40:00 PM »

laugh.gif

Moleman

• Recovered User
New Saints Row Pics.....
« Reply #35 on: September 11, 2005, 12:19:00 AM »

I'm impressed.  Oblivion will rock.

portarock

• Archived User
New Saints Row Pics.....
« Reply #36 on: September 11, 2005, 06:26:00 AM »

The game we saw was running at 720p though without anti-aliasing turned on, so there were a few jaggies here and there. The overall graphics remained impressive, with detailed facial features and textures, though since Volition claimed the game to be around 50 percent complete players can be sure to expect further visual improvements and for the final product to be locked at 30 frames per second.

Source

b15ginz

• Archived User
New Saints Row Pics.....
« Reply #37 on: September 11, 2005, 08:28:00 AM »

(IMG:http://xbox360media.ign.com/xbox360/image/article/649/649707/saints-row-20050909111154595-000.jpg)
this image doesnt look next gen either?

give me a break. u guys have no idea.

brownboi_nayyar

• Archived User
New Saints Row Pics.....
« Reply #38 on: September 11, 2005, 08:28:00 AM »

The game doesn't look that bad. I'm just going to waut for the reviews to come out then buy it if they are good.

Master X

• Archived User
New Saints Row Pics.....
« Reply #39 on: September 11, 2005, 09:21:00 AM »

QUOTE(b15ginz @ Sep 11 2005, 12:03 PM)
(IMG:http://xbox360media.ign.com/xbox360/image/article/649/649707/saints-row-20050909111154595-000.jpg)
this image doesnt look next gen either?

give me a break. u guys have no idea.

:grr: Enough.... we win be15ginz this game doesnt look like a next gen game.

Carlo210

• Archived User
New Saints Row Pics.....
« Reply #40 on: September 11, 2005, 09:29:00 AM »

QUOTE(Deftech @ Sep 11 2005, 07:40 AM)
Im only talking about its graphics.

To me, in general, it looks like a high end pc game, and yes the best rigs will run it. They said that themselves, but having the 360 version insures you get the best version.

Im not taking into consideration anything else but graphics.

taken directly from their site..

PC Screens:
http://www.elderscrolls.com/art/obliv_pc_screens_01.htm

360 Screens:
http://www.elderscrolls.com/art/obliv_xbox360_screens_01.htm
So any current rig that can run Oblivion, VISUALLY, almost the same as the 360, doesnt warrant next gen in my opinion. Thats not a good example though because...

Could a high end PC run Gears? Im sure it could, but the difference is that Gears LOOKS next gen.

Remember, Im talking visuals only  :beer:

I think the difference is that you need a PC with next-gen stats to make it look, well, next gen.
Bethseda said that full shader and mapping effects won't be available to those with current gen pc cards while having everything else on max detail.
Bascially, your pc has to have the next-gen stuff in it to run the game asit would on a next gen console (Xbox360).

Deftech

• Archived User
New Saints Row Pics.....
« Reply #41 on: September 11, 2005, 11:22:00 AM »

Again, to be clear on the issue...

Im talking about the overall "look" of the game. Nothing jumps out at me and says "Holy shit how is that possible, that looks too good!" Its a vast world with beautiful graphics, what more could we ask for? Infact it whats I expected out of Morrowind 4 years ago, I expected graphics like this out of the xbox from the get go(full of jaggies ofcourse) and thats my fault.

I think youre missing my point entirely. Its not like im ripping on the game, you have no idea how bad I want it. When an RPG is tied for first place MOST WANTED for me, Its a BIG deal. Ask kage.

I'd put it along the same lines as Call of Duty 2. Very impressive but Not a eye opener "compared" to certain others, thats all. And whats the similiarity? Its on pc as well.  Coincidence?

How it manipulates foliage, next gen.

threading and Ai..next gen.

the visuals don't impress me near as much as others though. It doesnt have to, its going to be a masterpiece.

:beer:

Maybe I'll change my mind when Im sitting infront of it moving in its 77" form.  :popcorn:

We wont see the graphical boundries pushed unless its totally exclusive to the 360 and teams working on the game work just on that system for years. Recon 3 could look a LOT better from what Ive seen, but they are spreading themselves across 3 or 4 other platforms.

Dont get me wrong, it looks excellent. But "looks"next gen? Very debatable.

Same goes for DOA 4. I can see why people complain how its not a huge step forward. Not much to work with because hes keeping the art the same, and they already set the bar high with their past games.

When I look at DOA 4 I see a high res, jaggy free, enhanced lighting, DOA ultimate. And that is heaven in itself  :luv:

Think of DOA 3..did it look next gen compared to part 2? I dont think so. Snazzier graphics, cleaner lines, yeah.

The only serious jump in that series was from part 1 to part 2 in my opinion.

same goes for VF2 and VF3, huge jump.

go find the differences in that, lol

maybe I'm not making any sense, thats fine  :rotfl:

skid_68

• Archived User
New Saints Row Pics.....
« Reply #42 on: September 11, 2005, 12:28:00 PM »

QUOTE(Carlo210 @ Sep 9 2005, 10:11 PM)
No draw distance, shadows everywhere, plus shader mapping (which you can't se eins creens) make the 'low polys' issue dissapear when you'll see this game in motion.

Don't believe me if you don't want to, but a game like this will look speectacular in 60fps in high def with all the mapping and ambience.

Pages: 1 2 [3]