xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Rumble Roses Double X  (Read 1164 times)

lilbplaya3406

• Archived User
Rumble Roses Double X
« on: June 07, 2006, 01:49:00 PM »

Demo just got release on Xbox Live MarketPlace

Downloading it right now

MN-Mod-Man

• Archived User
Rumble Roses Double X
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2006, 06:28:00 AM »

Played it for a few minutes last night, it was surprisingly decent.

Shinamano

• Archived User
Rumble Roses Double X
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2006, 06:45:00 AM »

PLayed it for about 30 seconds last night and was not suprised at all on how much I hated it. Wrestling games are lame and this one took it to the extreeme.

shodanjr_gr

• Archived User
Rumble Roses Double X
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2006, 08:01:00 AM »

Tried it as well...found the gameplay to be quite good. And the graphics to be suprisingly horny tongue.gif

Ces2k3

• Archived User
Rumble Roses Double X
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2006, 09:24:00 AM »

if the game had a deeper single player the game would be good.  multiplayer is as good of a wrestler  as raw vs smackdown,considering it made by the same team,too bad they didnt bother  fixing it since the ps2 one

Altima NEO

• Archived User
Rumble Roses Double X
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2006, 11:50:00 AM »

A lot of people complained about this game. I went ahead and bought it anyway. You either love it or hate it. I love it. Its simple and funny. Theres lots of stuff to unlock. It reminds me a lot of those old WWF wrestling games from the SNES era.

Good times!

lowendfrequency

• Archived User
Rumble Roses Double X
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2006, 11:26:00 AM »

I played it last night and hated the gameplay.  The graphics are nice and jiggly but having dirty thoughts about polygonal women is shameful.  I felt like someone was going to catch me playing and immediatly stereotype me as a uber-geek-nerd-virgin.  No thanks.  I prefer to wrestle real women.  smile.gif

miggidy

• Archived User
Rumble Roses Double X
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2006, 12:18:00 PM »

To be honest, I wrestling them in handicap matches in real life.
But that isn't enough, I love digital tattas as well.

I guess I just can't get enough of women (IMG:style_emoticons/default/love.gif)

Back on topic, after all the negative stuff I heard about the game;
I was pleasently surprised after playing it.
It beats the crap out of the pathetic RAW wrestling games on the Xbox.
I'm not saying the game is all that great, I'm just saying that in my opinion;
it isn't as bad as other people's opinions lead you to believe (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

This post has been edited by miggidy: Jun 8 2006, 07:19 PM

dabigdilla

• Archived User
Rumble Roses Double X
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2006, 03:41:00 PM »

well, I tried to give this demo a shot even with all the negative comments I'd heard and still hear.  i usually give a game a good chance of impressing me, but this game.....this game lasted maybe 20 sec., of actual playing to turn me away.  even the menu system is all wrong.  is it just me, or did i push (A) 10 times before I finally got into a match?  on a demo???  awful controls, graphics arent even that great imo.....even for digital women.  geez.  if i had to chose, i'd pick the doa women over RR anyday.  but then again, why even go there.....they're cartoons for geez's sake

CattyKid

• Archived User
Rumble Roses Double X
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2006, 07:45:00 PM »

QUOTE(dabigdilla @ Jun 8 2006, 05:12 PM) View Post

well, I tried to give this demo a shot even with all the negative comments I'd heard and still hear.  i usually give a game a good chance of impressing me, but this game.....this game lasted maybe 20 sec., of actual playing to turn me away.  even the menu system is all wrong.  is it just me, or did i push (A) 10 times before I finally got into a match?  on a demo???  awful controls, graphics arent even that great imo.....even for digital women.  geez.  if i had to chose, i'd pick the doa women over RR anyday.  but then again, why even go there.....they're cartoons for geez's sake

Yup, I agree with all this stuff.  The graphics on the actual characters are pretty good... but not AMAZING.  Nothing else seemed good to me.  Controls seemed very clunky and slow as opposed to DOA ultra-responsive-type, we lacked even a little training (tutorial would have been nice)... and this brings me to my biggest point:
What the hell is up with "Photo Mode?"  I was like, "Oooh... this must be cool," so I tried it.  I was terrified. Do many people may actually use that?  Is that... supposed to, like, get someone horny?  Just the thought of all that made me want to refund my dinner... but different strokes for different folks I guess.
Anyone, I rarely say this... but IMO this game is garbage, I rank it lower than Ridge Racer and Tomb Raider.

Joergen

• Archived User
Rumble Roses Double X
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2006, 02:55:00 PM »

Only tried the Arena and the graphics seemed pretty great, other "more prestigious" devs should take notice and be ashamed of their talentless dribbles.

The gameplay and animation was confusing and stiff. I dont mind the slow and realistic motion-captured moves but they have absolutely no blending or dynamic elements and warp from one pose to the next in the most ridiculous manner.

On a HD set would make a cool graphis demo when shot like the trailers, but the game underneath is 15 years old. Then again that doesnt prevent games like COD2 from being "blockbuster hits". Not that I played that ancient relic more than a few maps either.

This post has been edited by Joergen: Jun 9 2006, 09:56 PM

esc1

• Archived User
Rumble Roses Double X
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2006, 12:16:00 AM »

The game is a joke graphics and play wise.  It is an embarrassment to the mkt place.

kristonex

• Archived User
Rumble Roses Double X
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2006, 07:49:00 AM »

QUOTE(esc1 @ Jun 10 2006, 06:47 AM) *

The game is a joke graphics and play wise.  It is an embarrassment to the mkt place.

Couldn't have said it better myself.  agreed>

twistedsymphony

• Archived User
Rumble Roses Double X
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2006, 08:46:00 AM »

graphics are so-so...  There's a good Use of AA but a lo of things are too shiny and the animations are total junk

gamplay is slow and choppy prety much par for every other wrestling game I've ever played though

The menu system is horrid... it took me about 10 minutes to figure out how to setup a 2 player versus match. I have no problem with proividing a lot of options but it shoudn't take that much effort to do something so simple.

On a scale of one to 10 I'd say the demo ranks about a 6

ben1989

• Archived User
Rumble Roses Double X
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2006, 08:16:00 AM »

the game is cool but the one in  the red turns me on  rolleyes.gif  unsure.gif
Pages: [1] 2