xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Ridge Racer 6  (Read 636 times)

ILLusions0fGrander

• Archived User
Ridge Racer 6
« on: May 26, 2006, 06:58:00 PM »

i rented it after playing the demo and exhausting myself on the psp version...

its a mindless racing game... master the drift and its pretty simple... i think its a decent game, just doesnt have the depth of the other racing titles available.

CattyKid

• Archived User
Ridge Racer 6
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2006, 09:41:00 PM »

I wasn't really feeling it.  I think it's WAY too easy and has substandard graphics for a 360 game.  Also, I'm not too down with the whole drifting thing... the drifts in that game, IMO, don't seem too realistic.

lostboyz

• Archived User
Ridge Racer 6
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2006, 09:47:00 PM »

in all fairness its an arcade racer so its not required to be realistic

but I had the game for about a week and after an hour or so it just becomes completely mindless

traded it for pgr3 and havent been happier

btw theres only 4 maps (xbackwards and reverse) so only 12 total raceways which all feel the same

and the sdtrk sucks balls

potato10

• Archived User
Ridge Racer 6
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2006, 09:52:00 PM »

when you first play the game its very nice and has a simple way of doing things. but when you get to the like the 5 maxium omega excelente stage(psp owners will know what im talking about) it gets a lil boring. there is about 17 or 18 races per lvl and each lvl there are just more and more. so its just gets annoying and boring. so dont buy it

CattyKid

• Archived User
Ridge Racer 6
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2006, 10:08:00 PM »

QUOTE(lostboyz @ May 26 2006, 09:54 PM) View Post

btw theres only 4 maps (xbackwards and reverse) so only 12 total raceways which all feel the same

Wow, that's pretty bad.  The environments don't look as good as PGR3... and there are MANY fewer.... easy decision on may pary.
And yeah, you're right it IS meant to be arcady... just seemed a little TOO so to me... I like Burnout though, which is as arcady as you get.  IDK, I just REALLY didn't like the way the cars drifted.

Altima NEO

• Archived User
Ridge Racer 6
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2006, 06:43:00 PM »

^lol

Ive had this game since launch, I love it. Very arcadey.

Ghost NiN

• Archived User
Ridge Racer 6
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2006, 08:14:00 PM »

Its a cool game...Its just not next gene
Throw this In a pile of next gene fakers along side Bf2
Far Cry Instincts

lostboyz

• Archived User
Ridge Racer 6
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2006, 09:09:00 PM »

o and the achievements were just rediculous.

you unlock a new car every 10 races online, well I think theres an achievement for unlocking all the cars, and it was something like playing 230 races online. but nobody but japanese people were online so i could never get a good connection

and doing a 360 degree drift is just retarded, i dont care if they were trying to be cute with the name of the xbox or something.

if you hadnt noticed i really despise this game

I like burnout arcade style but RR's is less than to be desired. I love drifting, it gives me a hardon, but not when its done as easy as just letting go of accelerate then pressing it again.

alsybub

• Archived User
Ridge Racer 6
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2006, 11:10:00 AM »

QUOTE(CattyKid @ May 27 2006, 02:48 AM) View Post

I wasn't really feeling it.  I think it's WAY too easy and has substandard graphics for a 360 game.  Also, I'm not too down with the whole drifting thing... the drifts in that game, IMO, don't seem too realistic.

Easy? If you played it through to the end you'd find it almost impossible at some points.

Great game if you like the series and Ridge Racers on PSP.

Graphically it's not superior to say PGR but there is a cleanness about it that looks great in HD.

QUOTE(tomeaine @ May 27 2006, 11:10 PM) View Post

But its
Riiiiggiiddddd Raaaccceeerrrr!!!!!!!

You're a grrrrrrrrrrreat driver!!!!!!!!!!!!

You've gotta teach meeee!!!!!!!!!!!!

-----------------------------------------------

That takes me back.

Kernal69er

• Archived User
Ridge Racer 6
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2006, 07:12:00 PM »

QUOTE(Ghost NiN @ May 27 2006, 10:21 PM) View Post

Its a cool game...Its just not next gene
Throw this In a pile of next gene fakers along side Bf2
Far Cry Instincts

Hey, BF2MC is the best online game out right now for xbox 360. If it wasn't for this game I would have sold my 360 on ebay long time ago

alsybub

• Archived User
Ridge Racer 6
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2006, 07:20:00 PM »

QUOTE(Kernal69er @ May 29 2006, 12:19 AM) View Post

Hey, BF2MC is the best online game out right now for xbox 360. If it wasn't for this game I would have sold my 360 on ebay long time ago

I'll go with you  on that. BF2 was a real surprise for me. Very addictive and all my friends who I talked into buying it are now hooked!

Table Tennis is great online as well though.

CattyKid

• Archived User
Ridge Racer 6
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2006, 08:03:00 PM »

QUOTE(alsybub @ May 28 2006, 11:17 AM) View Post

Easy? If you played it through to the end you'd find it almost impossible at some points.

Great game if you like the series and Ridge Racers on PSP.

I'll be honest with you... I never played the entire game, only the demo.... so that is what I am basing my opinion off of.  To say the least, I was not impressed.  Didn't like the announcer, thought the environment was VERY bland and flat.  I found the demo very easy... the rest of the game may not be, but I honestly can't speak for it.  I just found it ridiculously simple to beat even withotu boost.

alsybub

• Archived User
Ridge Racer 6
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2006, 08:09:00 PM »

QUOTE(CattyKid @ May 29 2006, 01:10 AM) View Post

I'll be honest with you... I never played the entire game, only the demo.... so that is what I am basing my opinion off of.  To say the least, I was not impressed.  Didn't like the announcer, thought the environment was VERY bland and flat.  I found the demo very easy... the rest of the game may not be, but I honestly can't speak for it.  I just found it ridiculously simple to beat even withotu boost.

It's a Marmite game. You either love it or you hate it!

But seriously the earlier levels are very easy. It's a very long learning curve but there are also lots and lots and lots of races. The more you play it the more you love it. No one part of the scenery is that technically imressive but all of it together running along at 720p along with eye watering speeds in the later levels is pretty fun.

OH and I wouldn't know what the announcer was like cos' I turned him off before I even played it. It is a Ridge Racer game after all.