xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: (USA) Ridge Racer 6 worst-selling game on Xbox 360  (Read 1662 times)

LowProfileWurm

• Archived User
(USA) Ridge Racer 6 worst-selling game on Xbox 360
« Reply #30 on: January 14, 2006, 12:08:00 PM »

I'd have to agree with the poster that said RR6 isn't a bad game, it just had to compete with the likes of PGR3 and NFS... two high profile franchises here in the states.  It's like being the last kid picked at dodgeball.  You might be good, but nobody knows it.  I just hope Namco doesn't take it personally and ditches the 360 when they think about bringing Soul Caliber and company to the next gen.

One question to those who have played RR6 (as I have not).  I love Burnout through and through.  I hate Forza and Gran Turismo.  THEY BORE ME.  Given those facts, would RR6 be up my alley?  I've been trying like hell to rent it, but it's always checked out.  And God forbid they put the demo on the Marketplace... dry.gif How close to Burnout's gameplay is it?

adfinder23

• Archived User
« Reply #31 on: January 14, 2006, 03:19:00 PM »

QUOTE(LowProfileWurm @ Jan 14 2006, 02:15 PM) View Post

One question to those who have played RR6 (as I have not).  I love Burnout through and through.  I hate Forza and Gran Turismo.  THEY BORE ME.  Given those facts, would RR6 be up my alley?  I've been trying like hell to rent it, but it's always checked out.  And God forbid they put the demo on the Marketplace... dry.gif How close to Burnout's gameplay is it?

Well, if you don't like Forza and GT then you won't like PGR3, because all 3 are considered the SIM type where racing is realistic. As in, you better slow down before you hit that turn because they would in real life.

I haven't played RR, and I just picked up NFS and haven't played it yet. I have played the NFS demo though and that's why I picked it up. I've heard some bad things about the game(lackluster graphics, choppy, repetitive) so since I haven't played it and can't comment on those I'm not going to tell you to buy. However, after playing the demo I think it's the closest thing to Burnout on the 360 right now. PGR3 is a Sim racer, RR though arcadey is still just racing as I've seen it, but NFS is arcadey in its controls and destructive like Burnout. You can crash into street lamps, gas stations, take out cars in your way(they slow you down, but not dead stop like Burnout 3). I thought the graphics were good, the controls are arcadey, and overall I had fun playing the demo. I like PGR3 for accomplishing something, but NFS was fun. I liked that it was a free roaming environment almost like a GTA on the highway. When doing the challengs like evading police you aren't just doing laps over and over again. You're on the highway and you see an exit to the right, take it; come up to an intersection choose any direction. You can go through parking garages, through parks, golf courses, etc.

I'm guessing you might have played the demo already being that you were looking for RR demo on the marketplace, but I thought I'd throw my 2 cents in anyway.

deacon187

• Archived User
« Reply #32 on: January 15, 2006, 01:22:00 AM »

QUOTE(bugg @ Dec 18 2005, 04:46 PM) View Post

As you come back from work in your japanese car, listening to your japanese stereo and sit down on your couch and watch tv on your japanese television.

Amen

03 lancer

mot sure if Alpine is japenese, stock stereo AND speakers slurp monkey dong

32" toshiba CRT, 7 years old and picture is as beutiful as the day i brought it home
55 wide rear projection Samsung

I think with how rich MS is they need to get gran turismo onto 360!!!! Honestly thats my fav. racing series of all times. PGR3 is fun on live tho. Gran Turismo just has some unknown addicting element I like or somethin....

GT will and will always will be the best  racing game series ive ever played and i dont even own a PS anymore and never owned a PS2 yet its the best racing sim i ever controlled, i hope M$ will bring it to the 360 just as Tomb Raider as this is a first for xbox, i am waiting very impatiently for TR, 7 versions on PS/PS2 and finally one for xbox

LowProfileWurm

• Archived User
« Reply #33 on: January 15, 2006, 07:57:00 PM »

Thanks for the tips guys.  I have NFSMW and I really enjoyed it.  It was really fun running from the cops.  Not as fun as Burnout, but still good... despite the framerates.  So I guess the consensus is, if I like Burnout and NFSMW, then RR6 is my kinda game.  Cool.  I'll have to grab a copy.  

I asked Major Nelson about a demo on XBL... but he's busy and probably doesn't care about a game that only sold 9000 copies.  blink.gif

twistedsymphony

• Archived User
« Reply #34 on: January 16, 2006, 09:00:00 AM »

Alpine is Japanese yet...

Also Gran Torismo will never be on Xbox.... it's Made by Polyphony Digital which is owned by Sony, You have about as much chance of seeing GT5 on Xbox360 as seeing Halo3 on the PS3

LowProfileWurm

• Archived User
« Reply #35 on: January 16, 2006, 07:55:00 PM »

QUOTE(twistedsymphony @ Jan 16 2006, 11:07 AM) View Post

You have about as much chance of seeing GT5 on Xbox360 as seeing Halo3 on the PS3
Never doubt the almight dollar.    wink.gif

If MS thought they could squeeze a a few million dollars out of the Halo franchise by putting Halo1 on the PS3, I bet they would.  Not Halo 2 or 3 mind you... those are exclusives (for now).  But I imagine Sony would jump at the opportunity to have the first one on PS3.

Then all the boxes with "Only for Xbox" would become collectors items.  laugh.gif

kaj_uk

• Archived User
« Reply #36 on: January 19, 2006, 12:57:00 PM »

rr6 is out tomorrow in uk,im lookin forward to it,big fan of rr series.....sayin that though big fan of pgr series too..ridge racer is an arcade blast pure fun..  pgr3 is more serious imo..edge of ya seat stuff wink.gif

lostboyz

• Archived User
« Reply #37 on: January 19, 2006, 04:29:00 PM »

i honestly liked rr6 at first but then you get to the end of that 110 track listing and it unlocks another 200 or so, i was just bored. the game is fun if you like arcade games, but my biggest dislikes were how most of the cars are all the same, just different classes, all the tracks are the same, maybe 3-4 variations per location plus the oppurtunity to go backwards, the announcer would talk about nothing but nitrous, and just stupid things like on a no nitrous race the AI racers always seemed to have an ample supply. I played it for a couple weeks and traded it in for PGR3 and havent been happier. It makes me sad to see such awesome drifting in a game (rr6) that takes no more skill than letting go of gas and turning.

stebbster

• Archived User
« Reply #38 on: January 24, 2006, 10:51:00 AM »

I got a copy for free and Im glad I really dont rate the game at all.
Pages: 1 2 [3]