xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Quake 4?  (Read 563 times)

clickerX

• Archived User
Quake 4?
« on: February 04, 2006, 11:10:00 PM »

i just played quake 4 on my friends computer and was wondering about like
 1. are the grafix as good?
 2. is the story line good?
 3. are the controls good for a halo fan?
 4. if youve played it does it never get boring like halo 2 ?

br0w

• Archived User
Quake 4?
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2006, 12:18:00 AM »

1. the graphics are ok, nothing special, there are framerate issues tho.

2. its ok.

3. well by halo fan i would guess your really saying "does it have the same controls as halo?", which is no.

4. i got bored of halo 2 very fast. so i cant really tell you this one.

IMO, if you have the pc to run it, get it for pc. keyboard and mouse combo is the only way to play quake. fast gameplay, bunnyhopping, strafe jumping, railguns, and all the goodness of quake is NOT built for a gamepad.

its a pretty average game on 360, its a GREAT multiplayer game on PC.

twistedsymphony

• Archived User
Quake 4?
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2006, 12:25:00 AM »

I played through the demo a couple times... the graphics do look great but it studders quite frequently, not enough to really effect the game play but enough to "break the 4th wall" and keep you from really getting immersed in the game...  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

You can download the demo from the marketplace or if you don't have live this months OXM includes it as well.

I'm not a very big FPS fan but from what I played it feels like a less interesting DOOM3. On the bright side it comes with Quake 2 which is good for getting your money's worth.

from the FPS fans I've talked to it seems to be on the bottom of the list for 360 FPSs released so far with COD2 and PDZ being preferred before it.

This post has been edited by twistedsymphony: Feb 5 2006, 08:26 AM

Deftech

• Archived User
Quake 4?
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2006, 03:41:00 AM »

I like it, and it makes the purchase worth while just for quake 2(if youre a fan). framerate stutters never bothered me, its one of those that I wasnt expecting much from anc caught me offguard, same for gun and kong.

Stratus

• Archived User
Quake 4?
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2006, 11:43:00 PM »

The graphics are up to par, and the gameplay is pretty good as well. It's also pretty creepy to play, which always adds a little more entertainment.

Overall I'd say it's a game that is worth buying.

NO1B4ME202

• Archived User
Quake 4?
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2006, 10:48:00 AM »

QUOTE(Deftech @ Feb 5 2006, 05:12 AM) View Post

I like it, and it makes the purchase worth while just for quake 2(if youre a fan). framerate stutters never bothered me, its one of those that I wasnt expecting much from anc caught me offguard, same for gun and kong.

\

HAHAHA, Love the Sig