xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Cheats For Quake4 Not Working  (Read 613 times)

tjaf

• Archived User
Cheats For Quake4 Not Working
« on: January 18, 2006, 05:05:00 AM »

I got stuck in the aquaducts level (the level with the hovertank). I know, I am not a very good gamer to get stuck this early in the game. Anyway, I tried the invincibility cheat but it doesn't work. I tried it several times and fast enough (I think). Has anyone been able to use this cheat? I read that no achievements are awarded once you used the cheat. Is the cheat perhaps not working because I already have some achievements (seems silly)? Or does the cheat doesn't work in the levels where you're controlling a vehicle?

Any help/info aprreciated.
Greetz,
Nick

pingrr

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2006, 09:55:00 AM »

There are 3 cheats for the game.  They all work fine.  You may be entering the code in to fast.  When I try and enter them quickly they don't work.  But when I take my time and enter them slowly they usually work.

sp3cialk

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2006, 01:18:00 PM »

If you use the codes I don't think you can unlock the achievements... not sure.. but i tried and wasn't able to

LowProfileWurm

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2006, 01:20:00 PM »

Ugh... cheats.  I thougth they stopped putting them in games.   dry.gif

hamwbone

• Recovered User
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2006, 10:16:00 PM »

QUOTE(LowProfileWurm @ Jan 18 2006, 09:27 PM) View Post

Ugh... cheats.  I thougth they stopped putting them in games.   dry.gif

You sir, are asking for a flame war. PUT DOWN THE GAS TANK!!!!  biggrin.gif   muhaha.gif

tjaf

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2006, 04:54:00 AM »

I found out the cheat doesn't work with the hover tank. I started the level, inputted the cheat, verified it work by trying to kill myself with the grenade launcher. But I am still able to die when I get on the hover tank. So I guess I'll just need to practice some more on this level. Ah well, guess that's part of the game (just not a part I like (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)).

DCOtter

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2006, 07:02:00 AM »

1. Noobs why dont you just try getting better at the game I mean I play Call of Duty 2 on Veteren I find it difficult but I dont go "O this is too hard im a noob who cant play games so I us a cheat to get me though it YEY I did nothing"

2. WTF are you playing Quake 4 anyway it sucks we have already agreed on this

3. And why hawbone are you trying to start a flame war with a person who is obviously going to win because All he has to say is why buy a game to cheat and you can win the convo if you tried thinking about these things you might stop yourself looking like a complete retard

lostboyz

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2006, 12:45:00 PM »

hey why dont you take the bee hive out of your ass.

sure you dont use cheats and are obviously pretty adimant against them,
but last time i checked you are not the ruler of the universe. Some people
sometimes do not have the skill or patience for parts of games but enjoy
the gameplay and storyline.

hamwbone

• Recovered User
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2006, 07:13:00 PM »

QUOTE(DCOtter @ Jan 20 2006, 02:33 PM) View Post

1. Noobs why dont you just try getting better at the game I mean I play Call of Duty 2 on Veteren I find it difficult but I dont go "O this is too hard im a noob who cant play games so I us a cheat to get me though it YEY I did nothing"

2. WTF are you playing Quake 4 anyway it sucks we have already agreed on this

3. And why hawbone are you trying to start a flame war with a person who is obviously going to win because All he has to say is why buy a game to cheat and you can win the convo if you tried thinking about these things you might stop yourself looking like a complete retard

maybe we buy games for diffrent things? i play one way while he can play the other, unless you are paying for my games i suggest you not tell me what to do with them.