xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Quake 4 A Piece Of Shit?  (Read 1114 times)

Marrvia

• Archived User
Quake 4 A Piece Of Shit?
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2006, 12:53:00 PM »

QUOTE(Spark @ Jan 2 2006, 10:50 AM) View Post

How can they make better use of the hd if only 30% of 360 owners have one ?

Those of us who own a premium or, indeed a core with a seperate retail hd, are the fortunate ones. Most people can't find them and have had to settle for memory cards.

What's to say they can't have options to allow faster loading by using the hd if you have it, and if you don't, then you just can't use the option.  PS2 has a optional hard drive and some games had options to speed up loading by using the hd if you have one, why can't x360?  If most people have the hard drive, then there should be this type of option in every game.

Altima NEO

• Archived User
Quake 4 A Piece Of Shit?
« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2006, 01:30:00 PM »

I havent messed with the 360 version, but I do have the PC version. Its pretty cool, graphics are a little better than Doom 3. I thought the game was fun, online is pretty crazy too.

spearfree

• Archived User
Quake 4 A Piece Of Shit?
« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2006, 12:57:00 PM »

QUOTE(Marrvia @ Jan 2 2006, 09:00 PM) View Post

What's to say they can't have options to allow faster loading by using the hd if you have it, and if you don't, then you just can't use the option.  PS2 has a optional hard drive and some games had options to speed up loading by using the hd if you have one, why can't x360?  If most people have the hard drive, then there should be this type of option in every game.

I agree!

tonloc79

• Archived User
Quake 4 A Piece Of Shit?
« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2006, 01:37:00 PM »

I think its an above par game, especially for a launch title. If i had any complaints it would be with the framerate and the save system. I can deal with the framerate because on my machine it seems to get better after playing for a short period of time. The save system kills me and please tell me someone can relate with the part where you turn Strogg and then go through a ton of storyline only to die and have to start over where the marines save you. Now that shit kills me and makes me not wanna play but if they fixed that it would be a very impressive game.
PS: I think graphics are beautiful.

This post has been edited by tonloc79: Jan 2 2006, 09:38 PM

Strangelove1

• Archived User
Quake 4 A Piece Of Shit?
« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2006, 04:17:00 PM »

The frame rate doesn't bother me at all.  However, the multiplayer is god awful.  I tried to play three games today and it froze at the 'starting game' screen twice.  Ridiculous, especially considering it takes about 5 minutes to even start a game.

zerosignal0

• Archived User
Quake 4 A Piece Of Shit?
« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2006, 11:47:00 PM »

unfortunatly one thing I think your going to need to keep in mind is this is a port A and B is also a launch game.. Dont expect a 100% gem from a game developed in a new one and released on a new system... Just wont happen.

Rubix42

• Archived User
Quake 4 A Piece Of Shit?
« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2006, 08:48:00 AM »

Gotta say it,

I really enjoy this game.  I never noticed any framerate problems until I played it in HD, on lower resolutions, it does refresh very nicely, with only smatterings of ratchet vision here and there.

I loved the story, or should I say lack thereof, just your run and gun FPS!  The visual sites on the levels range from the grotesque to unique, made for a nice atmosphere.

Master X

• Archived User
Quake 4 A Piece Of Shit?
« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2006, 09:59:00 AM »

I have it for PC and it sucks a few of my friends told me that it sucks on Xbox 360 but online is pretty fun.

scienide

• Archived User
Quake 4 A Piece Of Shit?
« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2006, 03:19:00 AM »

Sorry to disagree, but i actually like this game !!

incognegro

• Archived User
Quake 4 A Piece Of Shit?
« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2006, 08:03:00 AM »

I can see why deftech likes this game........but honestly, no split screen is just not acceptable for me. I sold it REAL fast! sleep.gif

alsybub

• Archived User
Quake 4 A Piece Of Shit?
« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2006, 08:28:00 AM »

I found it to be an enjoyable minfless shooter on my PC but on my 360 it's not worth the money even if I hadn't played it before. Steer clear guys.

Please oh please god let valve port HL2 to 360 and monolith port FEAR!

DCOtter

• Archived User
Quake 4 A Piece Of Shit?
« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2006, 11:59:00 AM »

I purchased the Xbox 360 on the 2nd December 2005 along with this I got Quake 4 (among 7 other games) after a few days of playing Madden NFL 2006, Condemed, Call of Duty 2 and Fifa 2006 RTWC I decided to play this game my hopes were high going into this after playing Quake 3: Arena on the Dreamcast a few years ago which I enjoyed I started by playing a game online I joined a ranked server after waiting 20 mins for the game to beging I decided to leave and try and play the campaign after watching the open video I got into the game I got quite far died and I thought o well there was obviously a checkpoint a minute ago in hooror the game loaded up the begginging video again I havent touched the game since anyone got an explamation for this
Pages: 1 [2]