xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Fuckin Standby  (Read 597 times)

US Nationalist

• Archived User
Fuckin Standby
« on: December 25, 2005, 08:49:00 PM »

I just got done playing my first online game of quake 4... some asshole was apparently using standby to win; he had 15 kills while everyone else had 0, and no one could move out of their spawn.  And I thought this was only an issue in Halo 2... ha, I've been proven wrong

rzanwu36

• Archived User
Fuckin Standby
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2005, 11:20:00 PM »

im not aware of standby, what is it? standing in a spawn point and killing them instantly, or just regular spawn killing?

census007

• Archived User
Fuckin Standby
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2005, 11:26:00 PM »

stand by is when the host of the game turns off there modem.
while its off he can still move cause hes the host, but everone else cant.

standby is used in almost every online game. even some pc games.

what you can try to do is turn off your modem and try to get hosted switch to someone else.
this sometimes works in halo2.

Carlo210

• Archived User
Fuckin Standby
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2005, 08:14:00 AM »

QUOTE(US Nationalist @ Dec 26 2005, 04:20 AM) View Post

I thought this was only an issue in Halo 2... ha, I've been proven wrong

Welcome to the real world. The world where people realize that every other online game has the same things that Halo 2 online had - asses, underage children, cheaters, racists, and so forth. This is why it's important to find a reliable group of people (can be 5 to 50 people) to play with. i.e. a clan.

US Nationalist

• Archived User
Fuckin Standby
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2005, 07:25:00 PM »

QUOTE(Carlo210 @ Dec 26 2005, 09:21 AM) *

Welcome to the real world. The world where people realize that every other online game has the same things that Halo 2 online had - asses, underage children, cheaters, racists, and so forth. This is why it's important to find a reliable group of people (can be 5 to 50 people) to play with. i.e. a clan.

yea, I hear ya on that one.  I lost my halo 2 copy during the summer, but wasn't too frazzled about it... All I really lost was the hours of frustration I would dabble in while playing halo(when I wasn't playing with people I know, that is)
edit: and of course the $55 I paid, that's the main reason I was pissed  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)

This post has been edited by US Nationalist: Dec 27 2005, 03:26 AM

tonloc79

• Archived User
Fuckin Standby
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2005, 12:58:00 PM »

all you can do is just trash his rep so that other people dont get stuck playing him. also they wont set you up with him anymore.

KAGE360

• Archived User
Fuckin Standby
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2005, 01:02:00 PM »

has anyone tried the avoid feature?  does it actually work when the server finds a game for you?  if so you can always report someone and use the avoid person feature so you dont run into similar problems in the future.

tonloc79

• Archived User
Fuckin Standby
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2005, 01:15:00 PM »

In PGR3 ive given people bad reviews before(like this one guy who was just screemeing out curse word for no reason) and it said i would not be matched up with him anymore. Let peoples reps reflect who they are so others dont have to get stuck in youre hell!

Andrewolu

• Archived User
Fuckin Standby
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2006, 12:10:00 PM »

I have never heard of this avoid feature.
Is it only for Xbox 360?