xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Quake 4  (Read 476 times)

MrNeighbors

• Archived User
Quake 4
« on: December 13, 2005, 08:28:00 AM »

I have quake 4 for pc. I'm looking into ti for 360. If anyone has it... Does it have awesome arena type multiplayer? are the graphics comparable to pc? is it fun enough to buy?! uhh.gif

Rubix42

• Archived User
Quake 4
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2005, 11:19:00 AM »

I'm no hardcore gamer, but I am loving this game so far (only half way through, got it yesterday)

I tried playing online last night, and had a very difficult time finding matches.  One point I waited for about 30 minutes for a CTF match, and never found one.

I think there is just a lack of players for this game, making it very hard to play online with.

The matches I did play were very similar to previous Quake console games, fast paced and the same types of crazy levels.

Honestly, I would recommend waiting for a more popular FPS for the 360 if you already have it on the pc.

deadpool66

• Archived User
Quake 4
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2005, 12:57:00 PM »

Game is nearly identical to pc version except the framerate stutters in Mp, And the jaggies are very appparent was good game but could have used more time for smoothing out the wrinkles.

MrNeighbors

• Archived User
Quake 4
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2005, 01:12:00 AM »

thanks for the info guys. i went over to my neighbors apartment tonight and played mp. it seemed good. definatly fast paced but i'm still nto very clear on whether or not it is arena type multiplayer.

Stratus

• Archived User
Quake 4
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2006, 11:44:00 PM »

It's pretty close to arena type from what I have played.