xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Pgr Money Glitch?  (Read 139 times)

darkened-flame

• Archived User
Pgr Money Glitch?
« on: January 06, 2006, 12:08:00 AM »

Was wondering if anyone else has had this problem.

I have been working on getting all platinum medals and ran into a strange glitch. I finished a race out adn the championship gave me "-236,-342" credits for the win. I was kinda cheesed(needed the $$ for a mclaren) but figured it wasnt too much. Played a couple more races, then decided to start a new championship. Finally finished that one and got a payout of 6.6 million. I (naturally) got excited and bought a bunch of cars. Ended up getting my last platinum medal, and the championship...low and behold...paid out -5 mil. I finally decided to grab my cam and take a picture. IPB Image

Anyone else have this problem/know how to fix it? Im in debt enough as it is - dont need my games to remind me about it too.

TripseV

• Archived User
Pgr Money Glitch?
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2006, 06:05:00 AM »

Starting your x360 with out the hdd, then again with it in. Might load the save game file differently, or load another games saved game file first, then try PGR3.

Hope you get it working.

yaazz

• Archived User
Pgr Money Glitch?
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2006, 06:12:00 AM »

HAHAHA that is hilarious!! Sucks to be you!

twistedsymphony

• Archived User
Pgr Money Glitch?
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2006, 02:35:00 PM »

if you've already bought all the cars then what difference does it make?

Also I've found things to get glitchy if you have a USB keyboard plugged in.

I was playing DOA last night, I just finished time attack mode on default settings with Helena, I got a FANTASTIC time that set me in the top 1500... I was so psyched... looking at the leader board after the match I accidentally pushed "A" (to look at a gamer profile) instead of "B" (to exit the leader boards) and the guide froze up on me... the game looked like it was doing just fine in the background but I was stuck in the locked up Xbox guide.

anyway I figured since it showed me on the leaderboards it had already saved my data and I could just reboot... WRONG ... loading the game back up my time was gone and even worse the costume I should have earned for completing the game again wasn't given to me. I played through the game again with Helena and got my ass whooped and a really horrible time, didn't come close to my old best time but at least I got the costume and one character closer to unlocking Tengu.

earlier that night on DOA I was playing in a room with KAGE and he had 99999 Disconnects listed in his stats... also he was telling me that some people achieved SS rank after just winning one match.

my point is
Anyway 100% of my glitchy experiences have either dealt with
A. The Xbox Guide
B. Xbox Live Games when communicating with servers
C. USB keyboards
or
D. the Xbox Emulator

or any combination of the above, things get even worse if you try to combined any of them, like using a USB keyboard in the guide while playing an Xbox live game online.... almost guaranteed a lock up  laugh.gif

perhaps your problem is from one of those things?

What do all of these things have in common? they're all based on MS software...

Did you hear MS was making a vacuum cleaner?... it's the first product they've ever made that doesn't suck.  ohmy.gif

KAGE360

• Archived User
Pgr Money Glitch?
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2006, 02:41:00 PM »

QUOTE(twistedsymphony @ Jan 6 2006, 04:42 PM) View Post

earlier that night on DOA I was playing in a room with KAGE and he had 99999 Disconnects listed in his stats... also he was telling me that some people achieved SS rank after just winning one match.

my point is
Anyway 100% of my glitchy experiences have either dealt with
A. The Xbox Guide
B. Xbox Live Games when communicating with servers
C. USB keyboards
or
D. the Xbox Emulator

or any combination of the above, things get even worse if you try to combined any of them, like using a USB keyboard in the guide while playing an Xbox live game online.... almost guaranteed a lock up  laugh.gif

perhaps your problem is from one of those things?

What do all of these things have in common? they're all based on MS software...

Did you hear MS was making a vacuum cleaner?... it's the first product they've ever made that doesn't suck.  ohmy.gif

lol yeah i have almost a million disconnects and i never do that  jester.gif

that sucks about the bug.  its sad that bugs should be expected with launch window software but im sure with updates and new games with more refined coding the problems should iron themselves out in due time.  like mentioned before though, if you got all the cars you want what would it matter you being indebt in the game.  only stress about debt in real life like the rest of us poor souls  biggrin.gif

dabigdilla

• Archived User
Pgr Money Glitch?
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2006, 02:42:00 PM »

lol, good one!  quote up for grabs!

kidkinetix

• Archived User
Pgr Money Glitch?
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2006, 04:33:00 PM »

I noticed someone on DOA 4 with 99999 disconnects as well. glitches everywhere.  Ah well, i still enjoy myself.

prankfurter

• Archived User
Pgr Money Glitch?
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2006, 04:39:00 PM »

speaking of DOA glitches i posted this in another thread but thought it would fit here as well:

Well I just unlocked the spartan and wanted to try it out with my wife in VS battle. she had a couple charters unlocked and the beat story achievement... well after one round it said achieventment unlocked for her and somehow she has all my achievements now.... :/

anyone else experince this?

if you look it even show's she got the spartan before helena... and also she even though she has the achievements for unlocking the charters she can't select any of the hidden ones...  weird as fuck tongue.gif

my gamerpage:
http://live.xbox.com.....ankfurter com
hers:
http://live.xbox.com...erTag=Jocelyn82

darkened-flame

• Archived User
Pgr Money Glitch?
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2006, 09:06:00 PM »

Thats weird about DOA. I would expect more from that game and PGR. Such is life, eh?

As for me - I have NEVER used a keyboard with my xbox, i only ran the xbox emu a long time ago (when I was still rank 8...aka beginning of the game), wasnt using the guide at the time.....

the only thing on that list would be when the game connected to live to compare my time to the leaderboard times.

BTW: it does suck because I only have about half the cars. Still have a long ways to go.

Thinking about it - the only time this happened was after I had all platinums and 1 gold for the championship. After attempting the final one (always a cone challenge. Its the only one I suck at) it would give me cash for the race, and then screw up on the 'upgrade' money from a gold to platinum championship.

I would just reset the profile and start over, but I have finished 17 championships so far - every single one is plat.

Im thinking that maybe I will finish off the last championships and hope it gives me another couple mil to finish buying all the cars. If it doesnt - maybe I will have worked my way out of debt by the end of the game. Shame.