xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Igns Pgr 3 Impressions....  (Read 795 times)

Deftech

• Archived User
Igns Pgr 3 Impressions....
« on: August 20, 2005, 07:35:00 PM »

I was worried this would be buried in the other PGR thread so heres a new one, and its worth it..

It probably wont be available launch day so start thinking of another title to take its place my brethren.

http://xbox360.ign.c...3/643992p1.html

its 2 pages...

Here are the parts that interested me...

The environments looked quite nice at this point, with realistic textures on all the buildings, but there was some quite severe pop-in from buildings in the distance as Nick drove around a track in Tokyo. The frame rate was also a bit choppy at this point, but Nick told us that the game was running at about a third of the speed they plan to get out of the final version, which should achieve 60 frames per second.

To be fair, the demo we saw was running on a beta kit that is around 60% as powerful as the final Xbox 360 hardware, and the demo code is still unoptimized for best performance. Basically the demo was just to give us a glimpse of how the gameplay and environments will look in the final game, and it wasn't meant to "wow" or amaze us.

Project Gotham Racing 3 is officially a "launch window" title, which means that, although no exact date has been set at this time, it should be released by the end of this year. Nick told us to expect a more solid release date around TGS, and hopefully a playable demo in Tokyo. That's less than a month away, and we're looking forward to taking PGR 3 on a little test drive for ourselves.