xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Dissapointed Over The Limited Edition Prey Case  (Read 564 times)

twistedsymphony

• Archived User
Dissapointed Over The Limited Edition Prey Case
« on: July 13, 2006, 04:06:00 PM »

I just got my limited edition of Prey in the mail today (complete with all 3 figurines  smile.gif )

Is anyone else terribly dissapointed with this case.

I open up the box and see this HUGE game case, my first though is "gee I hope they didn't ship the PC version" then I saw the Xbox 360 logo and was like "holy damn"

Rip off the plastic to uncover a nice glossy cardboard slip over a thick metal case... sweet  smile.gif

Open the metal case to find the interior made of felt lined plastic, it's got 2 figurines in their own little form fitting felt lined holder... SWEET smile.gif

Remove the figurines and a nice looking manual, a thick making off booklet and some other paper work. Under all this I see the back of the felt lining with a divit perfect for the 3rd figurine... SWEET smile.gif

hmm... I don't recall seeing a disc anywhere, "I hope with all this nice packaging they didn't forget to include it." I thumb through the manuals to see if it was with the paper work... nope... hmm it looks like the case doesn't really have a place for the disk. Only one place left to look and that is by TEARING OUT THE FELT BACKING... oh THERES the disc, hanging out where you'd expect to find the security tag  dry.gif

A little rubber stopper acts as a spindle and has a sticky side holding it to the back of the case, the disc is all scratched up from rubbing inbetween the metal case and the back side of the felt  dry.gif

I pulled the stopper off and stuck it to the lid of the case (hey you think 2K would have thought of that)

Reaper527

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2006, 08:56:00 PM »

you don't have to pull the insert out of the case to get at the disc, there is an xbox sticker on the side of the case that is holding the bottom half of the case shut. the metal part opens on both sides. i can take a picture if you want, but you've probably either figured it out already, or will get the bottom open now that you know what your looking for. i thought the disc holder was pretty cool just because it wasn't a bitch to get the disc out like ghost recon was, however i did notice my disc looked dirty  when i pulled it out (not scratched, but there was some kind of trace of something on it)

----edit---

for the record though, i like my metal cases to be the same size as the plastic ones, just metal and shiney and cool looking like halo2 and pdz, i don't think the prey case is anywhere near as nice as those two (pdz had an AMAZING collectors edition case) but overall i do think its pretty nice.

deacon187

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2006, 09:13:00 PM »

yeah i was hoping for a nice case like H2 or PD0 also, no need for this huge aluminum thing with 2 doors, its cool to have the figures inside but still, im gonna print out a insert and just put the game in a normal case since i kept the 360 sleeve and its a pain to pull the sleeve off everytime i put the game in

owell here's to GOW and need for speed carbon CE, was there a splinter cell one also ? ill preorder the madden HOFE for shits and giggles and if the extras are worth it and it has a nice case ill get it, if not then ill just get the regular version on release day and tell them to give the CE preorder to someone else

Reaper527

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2006, 07:13:00 AM »

QUOTE(kimbonious @ Jul 18 2006, 05:57 PM) View Post

[/b]

Three Figurines?? I got 2.

LOVE THIS GAME BTW>

i preordered from gamestop and it came with 1 figure in the cardboard ups box, and an additional 2 figures inside of the prey case

twistedsymphony

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2006, 11:56:00 AM »

QUOTE(Reaper527 @ Jul 19 2006, 09:20 AM) View Post

i preordered from gamestop and it came with 1 figure in the cardboard ups box, and an additional 2 figures inside of the prey case

yup...

I completely agree with you about the PDZ case being one of the nicer once.

I like to collect collectors edition cases

for the Xbox 1 I've got CE versions of:
Dead or Alive Ultimate (2 full sized plastic cases in a fold open carboard slip, came with a Kasumi figureine too)
Doom 3 (like the Halo 2 case, and it came with some extra multiplayer levels too)
Halo 2 (you all konw this one)
Mortal Kombat Deception (plastic case with glossy cardboard slipcover, came with a bonus disc with MK1 on it)
Splinter Cell Chaos Theory (like the Halo 2 case... but much nicer IMO)
True Crimes: New York City (again like the Halo 2 case but solid black in color, really cool looking)

and for the 360:
Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion (Thick cardboard slip cover surrounding a a tri fold cardboard case with 2 discs and a book on the game's backstory)
Perfect Dark Zero (like the Halo 2 case)
and of course Prey (thick metal tin with a plastic felt lined interior and cardboard slip cover.

I'm going to see if I can snag the LE version of "Getting up" for Xbox when it drops in price. It's like a cross between the Prey case and the Halo 2 case. I'll probably never play it but I like collecting the LE cases  laugh.gif I don't bother with LE/CE games that don't have nicer boxes. there are a few EA games that are just plastic cases with cardboard slips... I could care less. Metal gets my $$ and if I'm buying a game that happens to have a version with a carboard slip I'll buy it over the normal one but I don't go out of my way to get them.

EDIT: ok after writing that I decided to search and see what the price is... picked up a Limited edition Getting up  from Overstock.com $20.30 shipped http://www.overstock...A...=25608&fp=F

so I can pretty much add that game to my list too tongue.gif

Reaper527

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2006, 06:57:00 PM »

yeah, my 360 LE/CE collection is the same (oblivion, prey, pdz, planning on grabbing gears of war CE) and i have DOA:U (although i'm not sure if i'd call it a collectors edition since i was pretty sure there was only one packaging type) and the halo2 CE