xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Is This Coincidental?  (Read 581 times)

Elemino

• Archived User
Is This Coincidental?
« on: July 13, 2006, 02:01:00 PM »

I observe everything in this game, because I think its remarkable how wonderful the graphics look. So I stop and listen to the radio programming, and I notice the first caller in the second or third stage says he's from Garland, TX. I was just wondering if it says this on everybody's game because I live in Garland, TX. I was wondering if maybe the game somehow know's through my internet connection, or if its just coincidence.

lcapitan

• Archived User
Is This Coincidental?
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2006, 03:15:00 PM »

Hmmm I don't remember but the abductions take place in the midwest/south so it might just be coincidence...

Reaper527

• Archived User
Is This Coincidental?
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2006, 09:05:00 PM »

just a coincidence. the radio says a few cities in texas, i've heard it say dallas also. thats pretty funny that they having it say the city you live in though. anyone notice the jukebox has judas priest on it biggrin.gif

hamwbone

• Recovered User
Is This Coincidental?
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2006, 09:08:00 PM »

3d realms is in garland. art bell, is the radio host. the man that calls in is named george. the lead programmer for 3d realms, is george broussard.  tongue.gif  

didnt you play duke 3d man!   biggrin.gif

Elemino

• Archived User
Is This Coincidental?
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2006, 11:25:00 PM »

QUOTE(hamwbone @ Jul 13 2006, 10:15 PM) View Post

3d realms is in garland. art bell, is the radio host. the man that calls in is named george. the lead programmer for 3d realms, is george broussard.  tongue.gif  

didnt you play duke 3d man!   biggrin.gif
Oh yea. I remember hearing that some years ago. LOL

Unfortunately I didn't have too many options back in the days of Duke. I did manage to get a copy of Wolfenstein 3D, but I never got to play the original Doom or Duke.

It just freaked me out hearing them talk about Garland like that in the game, sitting here in my house. Oh yea, and Dallas is a neighboring city to Garland, so that makes sense too.