xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Is Prey Worth Buying?  (Read 1017 times)

Maverick0984

• Archived User
Is Prey Worth Buying?
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2006, 03:36:00 PM »

QUOTE(kimbonious @ Aug 5 2006, 05:25 AM) View Post

IMO Yes,

I really liked the game, and those that say it is doom with a cherokee, yeah it is, just like halo is half life with a chief.  It is a FPS so yes you will have similarities.  But jeez, there was so much difference.  
Only complaint, too short.  8 hrs normal difficulty.  6 1/2 on cherokee.  Come on now.  way too easy,.

lol, halo is not halflife with a chief.  people say prey is doom with a cherokee because it is the same or at least very very similar game engine, and everything feels very very similar.  halo does not feel like halflife...that being said, i'm not by any means saying prey is a bad game.  i loved doom, so a game similar to doom i would think i would like as well.

Reaper527

• Archived User
Is Prey Worth Buying?
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2006, 09:27:00 AM »

QUOTE(trentdadi @ Aug 28 2006, 03:18 AM) View Post

Can you go more in depth into the whole puzzle thing?  Thats where games lose me when I have to figure out stupid puzzles through the game, it kind of ruins the pace I think.  I couldnt even bring myself to finish Doom3 because I got so tired of running around and looking for keys and running back through stuff searching through the dark for some PDA.  It just got annoying and tiring when I just wanted to kill shit.

basically you'll be in a room, and there will be things on the wall that play with the gravity and turn the room to make the ceiling the floor and the floor the ceiling , and you need to make your way across using those to avoid death pits etc.

there are some puzzles, but its nothing major, all the "puzzles" are simple and straight foward and won't take long to figure out.

jude

• Archived User
Is Prey Worth Buying?
« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2007, 12:49:00 PM »

This game is what FPS is supposed to be about.
Pages: 1 [2]