xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Is Prey Worth Buying?  (Read 1016 times)

89c4l98

• Archived User
Is Prey Worth Buying?
« on: July 11, 2006, 04:21:00 PM »

I just bought prey and got my little gay figurine smile.gif anyway is it worth opening the game or returning it and rent it.... ???

89c4l98

• Archived User
Is Prey Worth Buying?
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2006, 06:30:00 PM »

played for a while.. so far it's cool...

Heet

• Archived User
Is Prey Worth Buying?
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2006, 06:42:00 PM »

Its pretty much Doom3 with an Indian.  If you want to play that game again then ya, open it.

Reaper527

• Archived User
Is Prey Worth Buying?
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2006, 08:53:00 PM »

the game seems pretty cool to me so far, however it seems pretty short. the multiplayer is fun though, so if you should keep it or rent it is basically a question of if you see yourself playing the game on live (just a heads up though, from what i can tell multiplayer == live, i actually don't see any split screen offline option)

crobar

• Archived User
Is Prey Worth Buying?
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2006, 06:53:00 AM »

QUOTE(Heet @ Jul 12 2006, 01:49 AM) View Post

Its pretty much Doom3 with an Indian.  If you want to play that game again then ya, open it.

um have you fucking played this game its nothing like doom..at all...its fun.
the only way this game is like doom is the fact that is uses the doom 3 engine...thats it.
doom 3 sucks ass, its borring and doesnt engage you and anyone who says this is just doom with an indian hasnt played the game to know how dam cool this game is.

so far  im on level 15 and the game is awesome it gets you thinking differently like walking on walls changing gravity, crazy portals, spirit walking, and puzzle like chalenges dealing with all of those, and fighting  some crazy enemies...this game rocks.

melongstrike

• Archived User
Is Prey Worth Buying?
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2006, 07:07:00 AM »

Maybe...

I mean I only tried teh demo. The game looks good but I can't change my controller configuration to my liking.

For example: On halo I have to play with legacy/green thumb. Maybe the real game has more controller/buton config's but for right now I am not buying if this can't be adjusted.

yes, I can play with the defaults but it takes to much thinking.. I have to actually think about what I am doing instead of just playing...

Reaper527

• Archived User
Is Prey Worth Buying?
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2006, 10:06:00 AM »

judging by the prey icon in the thread starters gamertag i'd say he made his decision smile.gif

ConRad911

• Archived User
Is Prey Worth Buying?
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2006, 10:17:00 AM »

usualy when i BUY a game, i open it and try it. and if i beat it/ dont like it. i sell it on Redflagdeals. lol

89c4l98

• Archived User
Is Prey Worth Buying?
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2006, 05:31:00 PM »

The only thing that disappoints me is that you do not really DIE... I'm still trying to decide if thats good or bad.... but otherwise this game is kick ass.. deffinitley worth the $60 for a plastic disc.

Reaper527

• Archived User
Is Prey Worth Buying?
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2006, 09:34:00 PM »

QUOTE(89c4l98 @ Jul 15 2006, 07:38 PM) View Post

The only thing that disappoints me is that you do not really DIE... I'm still trying to decide if thats good or bad.... but otherwise this game is kick ass.. deffinitley worth the $60 for a plastic disc.

i'm undecided about that too, on cherokee mode, they took out the healthpacks, and you wouldn't notice except for the fact that there where so many in normal mode. in single player health packs are truely useless. in cherokee mode the only part that was a little bit challenging was at the end of the last full level (21) i ended up running low on ammo for most of my powerful guns.

hamwbone

• Recovered User
Is Prey Worth Buying?
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2006, 01:42:00 PM »

im glad, single player was awsome, but i ran thru it in 3 days. it was pretty amazing, but i just dont see anyreason to play thru it again. totally on rails it felt like. the multiplayer is complete garbage.  totally unplayable. i dont understand how a company can release something like that...

Reaper527

• Archived User
Is Prey Worth Buying?
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2006, 10:11:00 PM »

well, i like the multiplayer because i think the weapons are pretty interesting, i'm so sick of ww2 and modern day weapons its nice to see something creative for a change. this game has the cooloest looking grenades i've ever seen

hamwbone

• Recovered User
Is Prey Worth Buying?
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2006, 09:18:00 AM »

dont get me wrong, multiplayer on the pc version is awsome! because it works, no lag at all! 360 version=lagfest

slaves290

• Archived User
Is Prey Worth Buying?
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2006, 05:52:00 PM »

QUOTE(89c4l98 @ Jul 11 2006, 11:28 PM) View Post

I just bought prey and got my little gay figurine smile.gif anyway is it worth opening the game or returning it and rent it.... ???

you know what? you shouldnt buy it. my dad was gonna buy me prey, i rented it first, i beat within 24 hours and instead of buying prey, i bought COD2. my advice to you: rent prey and beat it in almost no time instead of buying it, playing it, beating and then playing a lagging multiplayer for the rest of the time that that game works. take my advice. RENT IT!!

kimbonious

• Archived User
Is Prey Worth Buying?
« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2006, 04:18:00 AM »

IMO Yes,

I really liked the game, and those that say it is doom with a cherokee, yeah it is, just like halo is half life with a chief.  It is a FPS so yes you will have similarities.  But jeez, there was so much difference.  
Only complaint, too short.  8 hrs normal difficulty.  6 1/2 on cherokee.  Come on now.  way too easy,.
Pages: [1] 2