xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Kong Helped Gf To Enjoy Fps  (Read 582 times)

JustDanMI

• Archived User
Kong Helped Gf To Enjoy Fps
« on: March 31, 2006, 12:08:00 PM »

Here's a little something if your gf is anything like mine.  Mine like puzzle games, platform games, racing games, just about anything except FPS and RPG games.  Then she said she wanted to try that King Kong game.  Anyone whose tried Kong knows there's a FPS aspect to the game.  But it's usually with a spear and in the beginning, all of the enemies are these slow little bugs and stuff.  So it made it pretty easy for her to be successful at moving around and fighting.  To my surprise, she actually still enjoyed the game, and got pretty good at it.  So, after beating Kong, I thought, maybe we should try Condemened, since it to has the FPS feel to it.  And she got sucked into that story line as well, and we played that through to the end.  

So then I decided to try something more FPS focused, and rented PDZ.  To my surprise, she's actually asking to play that now.  I still don't think she's ready for GRAW or anything like that, but it's building.  

Now if only I could find a way for her to enjoy RPG's.......

Hopefully if any of you have GF's similar to mine, this might work for you.  Best of luck converting your GF's to First Person Shooter fans.

griffin XXI

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2006, 12:26:00 PM »

QUOTE(JustDanMI @ Mar 31 2006, 01:15 PM) View Post

Here's a little something if your gf is anything like mine.  Mine like puzzle games, platform games, racing games, just about anything except FPS and RPG games.  Then she said she wanted to try that King Kong game.  Anyone whose tried Kong knows there's a FPS aspect to the game.  But it's usually with a spear and in the beginning, all of the enemies are these slow little bugs and stuff.  So it made it pretty easy for her to be successful at moving around and fighting.  To my surprise, she actually still enjoyed the game, and got pretty good at it.  So, after beating Kong, I thought, maybe we should try Condemened, since it to has the FPS feel to it.  And she got sucked into that story line as well, and we played that through to the end.  

So then I decided to try something more FPS focused, and rented PDZ.  To my surprise, she's actually asking to play that now.  I still don't think she's ready for GRAW or anything like that, but it's building.  

Now if only I could find a way for her to enjoy RPG's.......

Hopefully if any of you have GF's similar to mine, this might work for you.  Best of luck converting your GF's to First Person Shooter fans.

Really happy that your happy she enjoys vids. After introducing my wife to Hexic, she liked it for awhile, then it pittered out. I was hoping I could get her to enjoy vids half as much as me, so we could play together, buts its futile, she doesn't have the patience or the desire to game. And after thinking about it, I'm really glad that this part of our lives are separate. I think I desparately wanted to be on of those guys that had a gaming relationship with their wife/gf, but as it turns out, I'm much happier just the opposite.

JustDanMI

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2006, 12:34:00 PM »

Yeah, there are definetly downfalls, now instead of doing her own thing, she wants to play a game that we can both play.  And that makes it difficult to play Obliviion ALL THE TIME, like I would like.  After having GF's who didn't play and one's that do play, I'm definetly better with the DO PLAY.  I like to spend ALOT of time gaming.  Hell, I bought a 61" TV, and just ordered my Bose Surround Sound system just for gaming, I don't even watch Television that much.  But for how much time I do spend on games, it's better to have her be a part of it, rather than have her pissed because I spend more time playing games then paying attention to her.  Kinda kills 2 birds with 1 stone.