xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: King Kong Demo Now On Marketplace  (Read 1117 times)

Joergen

• Archived User
King Kong Demo Now On Marketplace
« on: February 13, 2006, 02:07:00 PM »

In europe at least, for me. Nothing yet on majornelson.com

edit: North America also thanks B2TW.

Ballz2TheWallz

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2006, 02:08:00 PM »

QUOTE(Joergen @ Feb 13 2006, 10:14 PM) View Post

In europe at least, for me. Nothing yet on majornelson.com

uhum....im there....*creates european silver account*
na america has it to

Joergen

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2006, 03:53:00 PM »

Aaand it doesnt work. Guess it had to happen sooner than later, a demo that is totally botched got through QA and wasted thousands of dollars in bandwidth and user time  sad.gif

It looks great and is not the kiosk demo, but the V-rex sequence just does not trigger. The guys just stand there forever.  laugh.gif

Ballz2TheWallz

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2006, 04:06:00 PM »

QUOTE(Joergen @ Feb 14 2006, 12:00 AM) View Post

Aaand it doesnt work. Guess it had to happen sooner than later, a demo that is totally botched got through QA and wasted thousands of dollars in bandwidth and user time  sad.gif

It looks great and is not the kiosk demo, but the V-rex sequence just does not trigger. The guys just stand there forever.  laugh.gif

yup....nice isnt it?

yaazz

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2006, 10:20:00 PM »

a king kong demo seems silly, you can beat the game in an afternon with a 7 dollar rental

Heet

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2006, 01:13:00 AM »

^Thats what I'll be doing.  Actually thats what I'll be doing with most of them.  

How much time do you guys spend playing a game per sitting?  Just an off the wall question cuz im curious.

JustDanMI

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2006, 04:58:00 AM »

I usually only have time for 2 or 3 hours, but when I have all the time in the world, I'm on there for a good 10 hours easily

Killa420

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2006, 06:45:00 AM »

QUOTE(jizmo @ Feb 14 2006, 09:59 AM) View Post

I don't get the game rushers.

I enjoy my games slowly and take my time exploring every aspect and view. If I find a nice spot in a game that the artist have used a lot of time creating, I just stay there for a while and admire the work. I admit that I do get frustrated sometimes and just jump and shoot level through as fast as possible, only to regret it later.

It's not getting to the destination as fast as possible that counts, it's the journey there.

Now, for your question, on a single play I've noticed that anything over three hours is starting to numb me, so that I just start rushing instead of exploring, so 2-3 hours normally.

If playing PES with friends, anything from 2 to 10 hours, really. biggrin.gif

Theres no rushing through this game. This game is simple. You go right through it in that little amount of time b/c its so easy. My 8 year old nephew could beat this game in no time to. Just because you fly through a game, doesnt mean you didnt enjoy it. I enjoyed the kong part, theres nothing really to enjoy from the first person view part b/c its the same boring thing again and again. This game is just a ahchievement leech period.

yaazz

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2006, 11:09:00 AM »

QUOTE(Killa420 @ Feb 14 2006, 09:52 AM) View Post

Theres no rushing through this game. This game is simple. You go right through it in that little amount of time b/c its so easy. My 8 year old nephew could beat this game in no time to. Just because you fly through a game, doesnt mean you didnt enjoy it. I enjoyed the kong part, theres nothing really to enjoy from the first person view part b/c its the same boring thing again and again. This game is just a ahchievement leech period.

You might want to ask that 8 year old nephew for grammar lessons because I have no idea what you just wrote

EDIT: wow I broke 1000 after 4 years!

Master X

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2006, 11:53:00 AM »

QUOTE(yaazz @ Feb 14 2006, 03:16 PM) View Post

You might want to ask that 8 year old nephew for grammar lessons because I have no idea what you just wrote

What couldnt you understand about the post? The only bad typo he made was achievement.

twistedsymphony

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2006, 12:22:00 PM »

...yeah I don't know what he's talking about either. Killa420's post is very easy to understand and has much better grammar then most posts around here..  uhh.gif

Killa420

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2006, 12:42:00 PM »

QUOTE(yaazz @ Feb 14 2006, 07:16 PM) View Post

OOOOO NOOOOO, the grammer police is here.

Exactly what they said. Maby if you would lay off the crack and actually do your hooked on phonics, then you would be able to understand what I wrote.

lowendfrequency

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2006, 01:41:00 PM »

Back on topic for a moment here please.

What the hell is going on with this Demo?  Is it really glitched or is it supposed to be like this?  In the V-rex, I get to walk for a few seconds, maybe kill two teradactyls and then I'm stuck.  It looks as if I'm supposed to open the wooden door with spikes by pushing or pulling on one of those logs, but nothing happens.  Then, during the fight with kong and the t-rex, after I kill the t-rex I can't follow the chick.  I'm just left wandering around.

I wasn't going to buy Kong anyways, but now I'm not even going to rent it.

shodanjr_gr

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2006, 03:28:00 PM »

Hm...the demo seems bugged indeed....no TREX for me either...

Killa420

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2006, 04:30:00 PM »

The demo must be jacked up. Go rent it. It played fine for me. In a couple of hours you'll have 1000 points in no time. Then you can bring it back the next day/same day and say the game wouldnt read in your 360, and if they only have one copy like my blockbuster did, they'll let you exchange it for a different game haha.  I got kameo but didnt even play it for a hour. I didnt care for it that much.
Pages: [1] 2