xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: King Kong 360  (Read 538 times)

Deftech

• Archived User
King Kong 360
« on: October 03, 2005, 07:56:00 AM »

http://xbox360.ign.c...5/655148p1.html

and b4 you troublemakers start your bullshit, this is not a next gen game so dont look at the 360 and say your usual shit..

its pretty much a port with higher rex textures and better lighting.
But if you've seen the stunning shots of King Kong, you've mostly likely witnessed shots from the PS2 build. The PS2 might be an aging system, but you'd never know it from the PS2 King Kong shots. They're gorgeous.

The 360 version is even prettier. Not generations prettier - but noticeably, eye-catchingly prettier. What you'll notice right away if you were to compare the 360 version to any others is the better, more realistic lighting, the added geometry, and the super high resolution textures. Simple things like the lush forest in the background, rock clusters, and simple cave structures show off a beautiful clean geometry. The Xbox 360 version supports upgraded characters and creatures, dynamic lighting and shadows, and Normal Mapping and Dynamic Specular Lighting on everything. It also supports better water effects. The T-Rex's upgrades on X360 enable Ubisoft's developers to pull off five texture passes, including the original pass, a tessellation pass, and a final mesh pass to increase a creature's volume, definition, and detail with no hit on the framerate.

When you pass through caves with ceiling air holes, the illuminating light breaking onto the cave floor lights up the floor with an intensity unseen on other systems. When you walk across creaking rope bridges, hike around narrow cliff trails, and pass into deep, thick jungle patches, the combination of ebullient lighting and realistic backgrounds - not to mention the best-looking dinosaurs in a videogame - will inevitably have a dramatic affect on you.

I will be getting this because Im a sucker for jungles and islands and Dinos  beerchug.gif

KAGE360

• Archived User
King Kong 360
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2005, 08:04:00 AM »

cant wait for this game.  it doesnt matter that this isnt a true next gen game as we all know its just a port of current gen game.  it only makes me wonder how much better this game would look if it was a next gen title.  i cant wait to see how good the t-rex looks in motion.

Deftech

• Archived User
King Kong 360
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2005, 03:24:00 PM »

Holy shit! and we thought the other versions looked good?! get a load of this!!

the lighting is greatly improved over the other versions! Oh my! Between this and tomb raider, there will be a LOT of spelunking my brethren!!

http://www.xboxyde.c...ws_2098_en.html

beerchug.gif

ikecomp

• Archived User
King Kong 360
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2005, 04:04:00 PM »

QUOTE(Deftech @ Oct 5 2005, 04:35 PM)
Holy shit! and we thought the other versions looked good?! get a load of this!!

Andy51

• Archived User
King Kong 360
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2005, 02:24:00 PM »

QUOTE(ikecomp @ Oct 6 2005, 12:15 AM)
I'm kinda confused...Is that king kong shooting a machine gun blink.gif

Deftech

• Archived User
King Kong 360
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2005, 02:27:00 PM »

LOL

kong with a gun

you play as Kong like 20 to 30% of the game, the rest is as whoever the lead guy is.

ikecomp

• Archived User
King Kong 360
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2005, 02:29:00 PM »

tongue.gif Ok...when I watched the video I could have swore I saw a pound of fur a few inches away from the gun handle. Of course my work pc isn't all that good at playing videos.