xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Pdz  (Read 271 times)

tommiwan

• Archived User
Pdz
« on: January 11, 2006, 10:17:00 AM »

How much have you played?  I had trouble at first too, but now I'm used to it...

It pisses me off though going form one FPS to another... COD2 screws me up when I jump back to halo 2... I keep ducking when i am trying to melee.

miggidy

• Archived User
Pdz
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2006, 10:51:00 AM »

Yeah the aiming is a little sluggish in PDZ but it's no different than from what it was in Goldeneye from what I remember. The good thing is that you can tweak it to minimize the pain in the @$$.

It's not that bad but I think what makes it worse is the way the enemies always move around.
In most games, enemies just stand there like jack @$$e$ and shoot you. No not in PDZ, these mofo's prance around like little bitches engulfed in flames while high on crystal meth!

tgunz83

• Archived User
Pdz
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2006, 11:30:00 AM »

Heh... crystal meth. When you say tweak... is there anything else you can change besides the 0-100 sensitivity value? I've tried low, medium, and high values it still sucks compared to COD2. Is their an acceleration option that I didn't see? Cause now that I think about it accel would produce that kind of movement.

thax

• Archived User
Pdz
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2006, 03:39:00 PM »

Doesn't it start out at 100 as well?

Killa420

• Archived User
Pdz
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2006, 04:17:00 PM »

You have to learn how to strafe and shoot. The aiming isint as quick so you have to move with the person your shooting. I dont care for it either. I just play cod 2.

Marrvia

• Archived User
Pdz
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2006, 07:42:00 PM »

I love the fact that the enemies move around, it is not really done in many fps games and it should because it's realistic.  In real life, enemies would run, duck or hide behind cover.  But the aiming in this game is pathetic.  It is the game's worst trait, in my opinion.  It's the reason I barely play online(or offline for that matter) with this game, the aiming is too hard, and I end up realizing it hardly requires skill, more like luck.  And that is not fun to me.   I love COD2 online, but of its great aiming, it's all about skill with that game(too bad sniper rifle are the only thing used though).  But even King Kong has better aiming than PDZ, and that's ridiculous.

JMan8108

• Archived User
Pdz
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2006, 11:10:00 PM »

Ive been playing a lot of PDZ and i really like it. I think i am in a minority but im really getting addicted to it. The bot movement is odd but ive got my aim and movement senstivity set just right so it aint that bad. I figure since the bots are that hard to shoot just makes beating people online that much easier.

pingrr

• Archived User
Pdz
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2006, 10:25:00 AM »

I really dislike the zoom aiming.  I have it set at 100 and it doesn't seem fast enough.  At times I will be zoomed in with a sniper rifle and it doesn;t even move fast enough to keep up with a person who is wuning this is runing with a gun.

pingrr

• Archived User
Pdz
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2006, 12:52:00 PM »

QUOTE(miggidy @ Jan 12 2006, 12:51 PM) View Post

I still like the game though, it's pretty addicting to me.
I can't wait to finish this one so that I can get started with COD2

It shouldn't take long Perfect Dark is a short game.  Only 12 levels.  It took me about twice as long to play through Call of Duty.

miggidy

• Archived User
Pdz
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2006, 04:19:00 PM »

QUOTE(pingrr @ Jan 12 2006, 08:59 PM) View Post

It shouldn't take long Perfect Dark is a short game.  Only 12 levels.  It took me about twice as long to play through Call of Duty.

Normally a game that takes around 10 - 15 hours to finish,
takes me about two weeks to complete.

I just wish I had more gaming time. I average about an hour a day of gaming five days a week.
Oh do I miss the good old days!

simpull7

• Archived User
Pdz
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2006, 05:02:00 PM »

QUOTE(pingrr @ Jan 12 2006, 08:59 PM) View Post

I don't think they were going for length as much as they were difficulty. Once you beat all the missions on Perfect Agent (which is almost impossible), it opens a harder difficulty called Dark Agent which IS impossible, the developers couldn't even beat it on Dark Agent; and they knew all the secrets.