xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Wow N3 Is Hard @_@  (Read 576 times)

cerealkillajme

• Archived User
Wow N3 Is Hard @_@
« on: August 22, 2006, 08:37:00 AM »

Warning, there might be a few spoilers below for Ipphy's missions.   wink.gif

I've made it all the way to the 6th board with ipphy. The 5th took me about 5 re-tries to beat and seemed like forever. I've finally made it to the 6th board and man it's even harder than the last. I can always beat the first boss (the king, hehe), but once I make it to fight the alien things I can beat them, but my health is almost nonexistent when I do beat them. Then as soon as I start the next part where I'm about to fight the 2nd boss I die within seconds cause my health is so low. And each time I have to start from the beginning and it takes almost 30 minutes to get to where I die at.  sad.gif

Anybody else get this far (or even play the game at all)? If so, any tips?

I like the game and love everything about it, except how damn hard it is. I think this is actually the last mission for her, so I guess it would be hard.

But yeah, anybody has any tips or ideas or any comments in general feel free to share them.

krims0n

• Archived User
Wow N3 Is Hard @_@
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2006, 09:15:00 AM »

Make sure you're using an item that increases the rate of randomly dropped items. Seems pointless but it's actually one of the most useful items in my opinion. A clover 2 or clover 3 is perfect. Doing so will help you get more red potions as you battle.

After beating the alien guys go into the next part where you fight all the random orcs and stuff with your army. Fight until you get some red potion drops, get your health upto 100% and leave immediately. You don't need to sit around and kill all these guys unless you're going for an S rank so just rush off to the end boss stage.

The end boss is tricky. First off change your equipment to only stuff that is important for battling vs 1 (after getting rid of his little armies). Unequip any clovers or anything like that and make sure you use items to increase attack power and defense. Once you have taken a bit of damage you can also switch out anything increasing your HP's.

You need to use your block a lot and counter him. I find trying to get behind him and using basic XXXX or YYYY combos was most effective. Sometimes you can catch him with his back turned while against a wall or stuck on that log in the middle and he can't escape until the end of your combo. If you attack and he's got your combo blocked then finish up by jumping backwards to make sure he doesn't counter you.

twistedsymphony

• Archived User
Wow N3 Is Hard @_@
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2006, 02:14:00 PM »

My GF has been playing this game non-stop since it came out... I haven't played it yet myself but from what I gathered the harder missions become a lot easier if you go back and replay some of the older ones and level up your character... might as well go for those A/S ranks along the way too.

krims0n

• Archived User
Wow N3 Is Hard @_@
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2006, 07:41:00 AM »

Small addition. There is also an item that causes you go into Orb Spark when you're health hits 1. This is very useful when you're at an end boss and close to dieing. First off, it prevents you from dieing from that hit (your health goes to 1 instead of 0) and hopefully you can finish him off with the orb spark. I just finished Aspharr's storyline and it was a photo finish only possible because of that item.