xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Infantry, Pikemen, & Archers  (Read 566 times)

Fredro

• Archived User
Infantry, Pikemen, & Archers
« on: August 17, 2006, 08:19:00 PM »

When should you use regular infantry vs heavy infantry?

What is the use of pikemen? defense?

When should you go with archers? sometimes i bring them and the get their butts kicked.

basically if anyone has figured out the characteristics of them, their strengths and weaknesses etc..

Maverick0984

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2006, 08:55:00 PM »

Well I'm not sure about this game, haven't played it. But generally Pikeman are strong against Cavalry.  Archers can be used from far away while infantry is attacking up close.  The rest I have no idea, because I haven't played the game.  I just assume the mentioned characteristics are kind of universal to all games.

Reaper527

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2006, 04:43:00 PM »

personally, infantry seems to be the best from what i can tell. i haven't seen an official description (or even a guide describing what to pick) however from my experience

infantry == weaker then the heavy infantry, but you get alot more of them
heavy infantry == stronger then the infantry, but you get so few of them that they get wiped out
pikeman == haven't used them yet, but they are spear carriers basically.
archers == good in theory, but damn are they dumb. even if you tell them to take a defensive position, they run right into the middle of battle and get themself killed

Iron_Clade

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2006, 04:17:00 PM »

I Have noticed that Heavy infatry and pike just completly slaughter the Arphan Orcs and Gobs but wach out for the gewg and pwucks ohh and of course gob wizards.  grr.gif  GDF WIZARDS KILL AM ALL  grr.gif