xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Ninety Nine Nights Demo Coming Soon  (Read 632 times)

KAGE360

• Archived User
Ninety Nine Nights Demo Coming Soon
« on: February 08, 2006, 11:41:00 AM »

now the demo is only going to be available in the japanese marketplace, however the site states there is a way to download content from other regions.  so heres hoping its all true.

It seems MS is going to release a demo of Ninety Nine Nights on Xbox Live this coming March. The demo will be availalbe in Japan only, but using our XBox Live Region Lockout Workaround, you should be able to grab it if you live in Europe of America.

http://www.gamersrep....com/news/1272/

dabigdilla

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2006, 02:42:00 PM »

"XBox Live Region Lockout Workaround"
wth does that mean?  "should" be able to?  hmmm, hope its not just some false hope

BanjoK

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2006, 03:04:00 PM »

Here is the information required to circumvent the Xbox Live demo download region lockout.

First off you should go to the passport site: http://www.passport.com/. Make sure you are not logged in, and click on the "create hotmail account" link. Now, here is the important part, the site will ask you where you are from, select either Japan, the US, or Europe. Remember, this is the country where the demo is available, not where you really live! You will require some information regarding those countries so MS will allow you ro register the e-mail address.

Once you have filled out the info and applied for the Hotmail account, activate it and turn on your Xbox360. Press the guide button and choose "switch profile" (X Button). Now create a new profile, and a new Xbox Live Account, make it a Silver account instead of a Gold (so you don’t have to pay). Next you will require the phone number mentioned above to use your passport. You could theoretically take care of all the passport stuff on the Xbox, but it will go much faster on PC with a keyboard.

Well, that is about it folks! Pretty sweet huh? The cool thing is that you can disable (they actually are disabled from the start if you have already a gold membership installed on your box) the auto sign for the foreign accounts, hence leaving your primary "Real" account hassle-free. Enjoy the demos!

dabigdilla

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2006, 03:14:00 PM »

holy Region-free-Gaming!
thanks for the info on that!

tonloc79

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2006, 03:35:00 PM »

QUOTE(Altima NEO @ Feb 8 2006, 11:00 PM) View Post

It means create a new xbox live silver account on your 360, and set your region as japan
you can download japanese region demos, like wrestle kingdom

Wrestle Kingdom is just a trailer, right?

Ballz2TheWallz

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2006, 04:35:00 PM »

QUOTE(Ballz2TheWallz @ Feb 8 2006, 03:01 AM) View Post

rent it, switch the sticker and take the good disk and return it in 2hours saying wtf and demanding a refund

got me a new PGR3

demo will still be in japenese

mad.gif

bluvasa

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2006, 04:45:00 PM »

I'd still play this one even if the demo was in sign language!! laugh.gif

KAGE360

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2006, 05:28:00 PM »

QUOTE(Ballz2TheWallz @ Feb 8 2006, 06:42 PM) View Post

mad.gif

im starting to worry about you.  you have been rather bitchy and ungratefull to the splenders of next gen.  who cares if its in japanese, its free! also its a demo that your not meant to play but have the ability to do so anyways, so where does anyone have any room to bitch?  dont like it, dont download it.  simple as that.

as for me i cant wait to try this out and see what new stuff i can get on the marketplace.

twistedsymphony

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2006, 06:18:00 PM »

QUOTE(Ballz2TheWallz @ Feb 8 2006, 06:42 PM) View Post

mad.gif

What, you can't read Japanese?  unsure.gif  laugh.gif

tonloc79

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2006, 07:22:00 PM »

QUOTE(KAGE360 @ Feb 9 2006, 01:35 AM) View Post

im starting to worry about you.  you have been rather bitchy and ungratefull to the splenders of next gen.  who cares if its in japanese, its free! also its a demo that your not meant to play but have the ability to do so anyways, so where does anyone have any room to bitch?  dont like it, dont download it.  simple as that.

as for me i cant wait to try this out and see what new stuff i can get on the marketplace.

I downloaded but seems like theres only a 480p, 720p trailer and theme/gamer pics but no playable demo. Am i missing something?

Deftech

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2006, 07:35:00 PM »

QUOTE(tonloc79 @ Feb 8 2006, 09:29 PM) View Post

I downloaded but seems like theres only a 480p, 720p trailer and theme/gamer pics but no playable demo. Am i missing something?

thread is titled "Coming soon"

tonloc79

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2006, 07:41:00 PM »

QUOTE(Deftech @ Feb 9 2006, 03:42 AM) View Post

thread is titled "Coming soon"

It got off topic and was talking about the wrestling game! tongue.gifI missed the comment so scratch this. i see the reply saying its only a trailer!

mark_in_2k

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2006, 09:33:00 AM »

QUOTE(BanjoK @ Feb 8 2006, 05:11 PM) View Post

Here is the information required to circumvent the Xbox Live demo download region lockout.

First off you should go to the passport site: http://www.passport.com/. Make sure you are not logged in, and click on the "create hotmail account" link. Now, here is the important part, the site will ask you where you are from, select either Japan, the US, or Europe. Remember, this is the country where the demo is available, not where you really live! You will require some information regarding those countries so MS will allow you ro register the e-mail address.

Once you have filled out the info and applied for the Hotmail account, activate it and turn on your Xbox360. Press the guide button and choose "switch profile" (X Button). Now create a new profile, and a new Xbox Live Account, make it a Silver account instead of a Gold (so you don’t have to pay). Next you will require the phone number mentioned above to use your passport. You could theoretically take care of all the passport stuff on the Xbox, but it will go much faster on PC with a keyboard.

Well, that is about it folks! Pretty sweet huh? The cool thing is that you can disable (they actually are disabled from the start if you have already a gold membership installed on your box) the auto sign for the foreign accounts, hence leaving your primary "Real" account hassle-free. Enjoy the demos!

Great info Banjok! Gonna try this out tonight biggrin.gif

twistedsymphony

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2006, 11:17:00 AM »

Anything else worth getting in there?

Anyone know of any Japanese only XBLA games avaible now... might be worth making a Japanese Live account just for this.