xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Nhl 2k6  (Read 698 times)

romm2002a

• Archived User
Nhl 2k6
« on: January 26, 2006, 07:25:00 PM »

Forgive me if this has already been posted but I've searched throught the first 35 pages of postes and didnt see anything. So here goes.

I've been playing an NHL 2K6 season and got as far as playing 17 games with a 16-1-0 record. Now afer playing my 18th game, I can no longer get to game's menu to save my progress. It gets to the Loading.... screen and I let it load for like 10 minutes and gave up.

Anyone else having this problem? Or know how to correct it without having to reformat my drive as that is what 1-800-4-My-XBOX recommended.

yamaha1995

• Archived User
Nhl 2k6
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2006, 07:39:00 AM »

ya mine kinda of does this too.  if im playing a game and i exit it while playing it will sit at that loading screen forever, so i have to turn it off and reset it.  very irritating.  i would also like to know if anyone knows anything about this and if there is a fix.

Vinestrike77

• Archived User
Nhl 2k6
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2006, 09:09:00 AM »

I actually played the first 4 games of the season in one night, then when I came back to play on the second night my saved progress was gone. My first instinct was that I just did not save properly and that how I lost my progress, but now this is giving me second thoughts.

I havn't NHL N2K for a while since I wanted to beat madden first but now that I have I will start this evening and hopefully won't have similar problems.

How do you reformat your drive?

romm2002a

• Archived User
Nhl 2k6
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2006, 03:30:00 PM »

QUOTE(Vinestrike77 @ Jan 27 2006, 04:40 PM) *

I actually played the first 4 games of the season in one night, then when I came back to play on the second night my saved progress was gone. My first instinct was that I just did not save properly and that how I lost my progress, but now this is giving me second thoughts.

I havn't NHL N2K for a while since I wanted to beat madden first but now that I have I will start this evening and hopefully won't have similar problems.

Im not exactly sure how to reformat but it's that last think I want to do. I want to keep everything that I have downloaded as well as my acheivements. 1-800-4-My-XBOX was the ones that told me to reformat it but I didnt stop to ask them how to do it. Sorry.

romm2002a

• Archived User
Nhl 2k6
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2006, 09:57:00 AM »

QUOTE(Vinestrike77 @ Jan 27 2006, 04:40 PM) View Post

To reformat your XBOX 360 Hard Drive, go to the system tab on your XBOX 360 dashboard, Select Memory, then select the hard drive (high light it) and then press the Y (yellow button) for Device Options.
Once there, you will have the option to Rename or Format the drive.

Joergen

• Archived User
Nhl 2k6
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2006, 10:51:00 AM »

If you reformat your drive you lose HexicHD forever (thats a full version game), and the preloaded content.

Formatting your HD will not fix a POS rushjob game, this is not the PC.

romm2002a

• Archived User
Nhl 2k6
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2006, 08:49:00 AM »

QUOTE(Joergen @ Jan 28 2006, 06:22 PM) *

If you reformat your drive you lose HexicHD forever (thats a full version game), and the preloaded content.

Formatting your HD will not fix a POS rushjob game, this is not the PC.

I've deleted all NHL 2K6 profile, game save and settings and .... you guessed it, it still doesnt work.
!@#$% 2Ksports better come up with a game patch for this and fast!!!!

I say a petiton should be started to have NHL 2K6 pulled off the shelves until they fix this problem!!!

Category 5

• Archived User
Nhl 2k6
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2006, 09:46:00 AM »

There is an NHL 2k6 bug that is known and a known solution.  the problem arises when you edit your lines.  The Game will allow you to play, and upon attempting to save your profile the game locks up.  I am not sure if your issue is related, but the solution is as follows.

When editing lines, if you should happen to bring someone up from the minors, someone has top be sent to the minors in their place.  If the number of active players, and players in the minors changes then the game will consistently lock up when attempting to save.

Make sure the number of active and IHL players stays consistent and you can edit lines without locking up.

We should all get NHL2K7 for free for buying a buggy 2K6 though.  My favorite bug is when the ref drops the puck halfway across the ice from the face off circle!

romm2002a

• Archived User
Nhl 2k6
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2006, 03:48:00 PM »

QUOTE(Category 5 @ Jan 29 2006, 05:17 PM) View Post

There is an NHL 2k6 bug that is known and a known solution.  the problem arises when you edit your lines.  The Game will allow you to play, and upon attempting to save your profile the game locks up.  I am not sure if your issue is related, but the solution is as follows.

When editing lines, if you should happen to bring someone up from the minors, someone has top be sent to the minors in their place.  If the number of active players, and players in the minors changes then the game will consistently lock up when attempting to save.

Make sure the number of active and IHL players stays consistent and you can edit lines without locking up.

We should all get NHL2K7 for free for buying a buggy 2K6 though.  My favorite bug is when the ref drops the puck halfway across the ice from the face off circle!

Anyone ever see the bug where the goalie skates up all the way to the other end of the rink just before a face off? And then skates back?

brooksie48

• Archived User
Nhl 2k6
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2006, 04:53:00 PM »

How about when your forwards seem to get "stuck" all of the sudden. dry.gif

Category 5

• Archived User
Nhl 2k6
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2006, 02:09:00 PM »

I have seen the goalie bug, but not the forwards bug yet.  How about after the game...all of the players skate and walk off the ice BACKWARDS!  it's pretty funny...and yet sad at the same time.