xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Nfs: Most Wanted Problem.  (Read 597 times)

ToeFurB

• Archived User
Nfs: Most Wanted Problem.
« on: February 20, 2006, 03:22:00 AM »

Does anyone else have a problem with Most Wanted just randomly freezing up?  I have the problem (obviously, I wouldn't be asking the question if I didn't.), and I'm fairly sure it's not the 360 because I don't have this problem with any other game....

shodanjr_gr

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2006, 08:01:00 AM »

Yep, its frozen 3-4 times up to me as well (twice when getting back to the main menu from my safe house and a couple of times while entering a shop).

ToeFurB

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2006, 10:53:00 AM »

Mine likes to do it right in the middle of a huge cop chase, or right after I've finished one, giving me no time save.  This is the only times it's done it.

0wn996

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2006, 11:18:00 AM »

hmmmm, since that's probably the point where the game gives the xbox the hardest work i think it might have something to do with cooling. It might be building up heat during normal gameplay, and reach a peak when you're doing a heavy chase causing it to crash.

Did you put your X360 somewhere where it can ventilate properly. (not in a tv-stand with a closed backside for example) And did you also make sure your power-block is able to ventilate well. (no cables blocking the vent holes etc)

My nfs crashed once because it was in a tv stand with a closed backside. When i had my hand behind the xbox i could feel that the heat was building up inside the tv-stand and not being ventilated outside.
I then put my xbox on top of the tv stand next to the tv and it hasn't crashed ever since. (i did this the 3rd of december, and ever since i'm crash free)

RaGe

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2006, 02:27:00 PM »

QUOTE(shodanjr_gr @ Feb 20 2006, 06:32 AM) View Post

Yep, its frozen 3-4 times up to me as well (twice when getting back to the main menu from my safe house and a couple of times while entering a shop).

Same here for me

Legendary Badass

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2006, 03:15:00 PM »

There have been a few posts about this and I have posted the same intfo on each of them. Mine freezes often during this game. It happens at the main menu, in the middle of a race, and during pursuits. This disc I was usign was borrowed from a guy I know. It does appear to have some circular scratches on the back. I've noticed that the fan on my 360 would shut off a few seconds before the games freezes, and this often would happen at the start of a pursuit. I know that it isn't getting too hot, because the system would usually be on for only 5 minutes. Does anyone else have their fan shutting off just prior to the game freezing?

ToeFurB

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2006, 03:56:00 PM »

QUOTE(0wn996 @ Feb 20 2006, 11:49 AM) *

hmmmm, since that's probably the point where the game gives the xbox the hardest work i think it might have something to do with cooling. It might be building up heat during normal gameplay, and reach a peak when you're doing a heavy chase causing it to crash.

Did you put your X360 somewhere where it can ventilate properly. (not in a tv-stand with a closed backside for example) And did you also make sure your power-block is able to ventilate well. (no cables blocking the vent holes etc)

My nfs crashed once because it was in a tv stand with a closed backside. When i had my hand behind the xbox i could feel that the heat was building up inside the tv-stand and not being ventilated outside.
I then put my xbox on top of the tv stand next to the tv and it hasn't crashed ever since. (i did this the 3rd of december, and ever since i'm crash free)

Yeah, I've got it sitting all by it's self with nothing blocking it, same with the power unit.  The only reason I don't believe it's a heating issue is because it doesn't do it with any other game.  So, I'm led to believe it has something to do with the game.

0wn996

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2006, 03:35:00 PM »

I couldn't be sure about that because i don't know what other games you play.

But if it's sitting in nice open air then it shouldn't be a problem imho.
Maybe it's an idea to rent nfs and see if that disc had the same issues you're having now.
If not then just switch the discs on em wink.gif
Either way you'll know if it's just your copy of nfs or the game in general that's giving your xbox a hard time.

ToeFurB

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2006, 04:25:00 PM »

Good thinking! I can't believe I didn't think of that, especially since I work for a video rental place.... smile.gif