xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Trouble With Pursuit Challenge  (Read 691 times)

Draeconix

• Archived User
Trouble With Pursuit Challenge
« on: July 30, 2007, 06:45:00 AM »

I am working on finishing the Challenge Series in the game. I have finished everything else on Gold but the pursuit using the Skyline that you have to evade the police after 12 min. is proving to be most frustrating. I usually end up hitting a spike strip with like 30 seconds to go and after that there is no way to evade the cops unless you get extremely lucky. So does anybody have any tips or tricks that can help me make it through this challenge?

Draeconix

• Archived User
Trouble With Pursuit Challenge
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2007, 12:52:00 AM »

Update...well I finally did it. It didn't take any particular tricks, just some good driving and a bit of luck. If any one else has trouble with this one or evading any pursuit for that matter here are a few tips that might help:

1. If the Heat is above level 4 hit the pursuit breakers as often as you can and disable as many vehicles you can. If you can knock down the pursuing vehicles to one you will buy yourself 30 secs to 1.5 minutes to evade or just calm the nerves.

2. When doing a timed pursuit as in the challenges try to stay near a hiding spot towards the time limit. I believe I evaded the pursuit within 30 secs of the 12:00 Min mark.

3. When you need to evade the police for long periods of time stay on straight non curvy roads, use the speed breaker at all road blocks, and never use the back button to reset your car. I think everyone knows that last one but it is always good to remind you now and then.