xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Nfs : Carbon Demo  (Read 961 times)

grim_d

• Archived User
Nfs : Carbon Demo
« on: October 04, 2006, 03:34:00 PM »

Just blagged myself this off the marketplace.

had a quick play through..fully customizable bodykits and the drift modes are SWEET.

i feel its lacking in the graphics department again though, not that it looks bad.

NoFace

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2006, 12:00:00 AM »

I thought it was a bit cheesy how the drivers talked to each other and what not. Whats with the music?

grim_d

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2006, 03:41:00 AM »

QUOTE(NoFace @ Oct 5 2006, 07:07 AM) View Post

I thought it was a bit cheesy how the drivers talked to each other and what not. Whats with the music?

its all supposed to be like tokyo drift. Although they wont admit it laugh.gif

antz1970

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2006, 05:35:00 AM »

QUOTE(ProdigyXP @ Oct 5 2006, 11:37 AM) View Post

Is the framerate still choppy/hitchy like the last one? I know some people couldn't see the choppiness in the last one (lucky them) but it drove me crazy so I never got into it.

i had the same issues with it on my tv , that and graw:(

anyway grabbing this now to try looking forward to it , will report back l8r with my findings biggrin.gif

sp3cialk

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2006, 07:30:00 AM »

When I first played the demo I thought the drifting was completely impossible... but second try I was able to drift the entire track without smacking the wall but once... speed helps... the faster I was moving the easier it went... downshifting also seemed to help... the canyon portion was what really made me say ... yep.. this is a Tokyo Drift rip-off... except I didn't have a mustang with an import motor  biggrin.gif   I think when this comes out I'll still rent it first...

sp3cialk

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2006, 05:29:00 PM »

Just wondering what some of you are getting for scores in the drift??? I've gotten 280,947... if it wouldn't have been for some wall hits i would have drifted the 2nd lap the entire way...

Grentz

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2006, 07:36:00 PM »

Well, Just got done playing the demo.

First time through I beat the race, Drifiting was hard at first, then i got the hang of it and it was easy.

The game looks neat, but I agree the graphics are not the greatest. Old NFS games (for the times) felt like they had very good graphics, but this is just normal (I think PGR3 looks better and most likely Forza 2 will be a ton better looking).

I did like how you can make your own parts though, neat little touch smile.gif

Dalpura

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2006, 10:51:00 PM »

i've read a bit about the gfx not being so good. are they worse than most wanted? i'm still downloading the demo so i can't tell. mw didn't look that bad to me personally, great game.

Nosf3ratu

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2006, 04:45:00 PM »

I think the game looks amazing. The cityscape and all the lighting on the circuit race is incredible. I don't know why you all are saying its lacking in that department, unless you're just not playing in HD. The only thing I didn't like about it was the drift race. It is WAY too easy to drift in that mode. Overall I think this will be the best NFS yet.

Grentz

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2006, 06:49:00 PM »

The graphics are good...but they blur to make them look better than they are. PGR3 for example has extremely Crisp graphics and only blurs the scenary close to you, the stuff a bit further down the track is in good focus and looks really good.

Personally, I have NFS:MW on my PC and it looks better than Carbon does now...but who knows, they may improve the graphics a bit....they improved TDU between the first demo and the second smile.gif

Mr Invader

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2006, 06:07:00 PM »

I like the automold feature in Carbon and i think its a great way to further customize you're car.

But just recently i have seemed to get more into car simulation games (PGR3, Forza) and when i played carbon the controls just felt cheap. I think EA should try to make better controls for this game

fastTOE

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2006, 08:54:00 PM »

wow,.... driving is pretty horrible in this game,..... i enjoyed underground 1/2 even though it was arcadey,..... but this is pretty bad.... maybe i'm with the above guy, and just recently getting more and more into more realistic driving games, but, i can't imagine playing this whole game

sofa king dumb

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2006, 12:08:00 PM »

i liked most wanted better.

shooptek

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2006, 09:26:00 PM »

I didnt like this demo too much.  I was a HUGE fan of underground 1 and 2, and have to say I am a bit dissapointed by this.  I agree with the statement about the controls, that they need to be fixed big time to be made more realistic.

MrBones

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2006, 09:47:00 AM »

The controls in this game aren't supposed to be realistic, it's an arcade racer, not a sim.  I think it looks and handles great.  As long as they keep some sort of map mode and don't make you drive for ten minutes to get to a race I think this game will be great.
Pages: [1] 2