xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Game Freezes  (Read 673 times)

sr2005

• Archived User
Game Freezes
« on: July 21, 2006, 01:17:00 PM »

Here's a fun fact, if you buy this game, there's a chance you won't be able to play it. I'm on my second copy, and it keeps freezing randomly. I can play all my other 360 games just fine, but ncaa 07 freezes. When i took it back to exchange it, there was someone else there with the same problem. MS told me to call EA and report the bug because they are getting a lot of calls about it. EA just told me to exchange the game. So until EA fixes this (which they probably won't) I would suggest not buying it.

retep9990

• Archived User
Game Freezes
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2006, 12:55:00 AM »

never froze for me, it froze for like 10 seconds on xbox live but thats cause the dude quit rite b4 the game ended

MN-Mod-Man

• Archived User
Game Freezes
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2006, 07:24:00 AM »

Sorry to hear that Mine has been working flawlessly since release.

woods3336

• Archived User
Game Freezes
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2006, 07:45:00 AM »

QUOTE(MN-Mod-Man @ Jul 22 2006, 08:55 AM) View Post

Sorry to hear that Mine has been working flawlessly since release.

Same here...

ckw0n

• Archived User
Game Freezes
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2006, 12:12:00 AM »

Mine has popped up with the DDE twice since playing my brand new copy of ncaa 07. I'm not hard on my 360 at all either. I got a DDE once before with a rented copy of The Outfit.

Now, I'm concerned it is my 360, which I've had since Feb.

Do you guys think it's the game, or the system?

gordita37

• Archived User
Game Freezes
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2006, 12:59:00 AM »

sounds like the system

RFinch20

• Archived User
Game Freezes
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2006, 02:04:00 PM »

my copy works just fine....

sr2005

• Archived User
Game Freezes
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2006, 04:51:00 PM »

So I finally got a response from EA, here it is:
Hi,

Thanks for updating me on this issue regarding the freezing you've been experiencing with NCAA Football 07 on your Xbox 360 game console. Seeing how the game is consistently freezing on your console, it would be my belief that the firmware for your DVD drive in your console may be at fault. Unfortunately, this is not something that our engineering or development teams can affect as this appears to be a hardware issue.

In further researching both the Xbox and the Xbox 360, I have found that there are differences in the component hardware used in the consoles' construction and these subtle differences oftentimes result in instances where game freezes may occur. Again, when this happens, generally a firmware update will correct this issue but, in the case of the Xbox and Xbox 360, this will have to come from MS as they control all aspects of their hardware. Our development team, while very sympathetic to your plight, has done everything necessary to fulfill the specifications of the Xbox 360 based on the information provided to us by MS. What you may want to check are which other options you may have with regards to updating your firmware through MS and the Xbox customer service team. If, because of this shortcoming, you are completely dissatisfied with NCAA Football 07, there is very little other option I can provide aside from offering our 90-day warranty so that you exchange the game with a brand new, sealed copy for return to your original retailer.

There's some more, but it just tells me how to return it to them.
So basically it doesn't work on some 360's because of an incompatibility with their dvd firmware.

Reaper527

• Archived User
Game Freezes
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2006, 05:00:00 PM »

QUOTE(sr2005 @ Jul 21 2006, 02:48 PM) *

Here's a fun fact, if you buy this game, there's a chance you won't be able to play it. I'm on my second copy, and it keeps freezing randomly. I can play all my other 360 games just fine, but ncaa 07 freezes. When i took it back to exchange it, there was someone else there with the same problem. MS told me to call EA and report the bug because they are getting a lot of calls about it. EA just told me to exchange the game. So until EA fixes this (which they probably won't) I would suggest not buying it.

the game only froze on me once, but EA has put out a few very crash prone games (NFS:MW i'm looking at you).

This post has been edited by Reaper527: Aug 1 2006, 12:01 AM

t0ken

• Archived User
Game Freezes
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2006, 09:42:00 AM »

The game has froze on me a few times .... maybe once every other day or so. I read somewhere that turning off the commentary helps. I just turned mine off last night and it didn't lock up. *keeping fingers crossed* I will let you know how it goes over the weekend.

beeeneeb

• Archived User
Game Freezes
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2006, 05:54:00 AM »

I was having a ton of problems with freezing & glitches until I ran "System Maintenance" on my 360.  If you are having problems, try this:

Clear the Cache on the Xbox 360
To clear the cache on the Xbox 360 do the following:

Go to the Xbox Dashboard, select the System Blade, and select Memory.
Highlight the HD symbol and press Y.
Press X, X, Left Bumper, Right Bumper, X, X.
You will see a confirmation message to confirm system maintenance, proceed.

From http://vgstrategies....arX360Cache.htm