xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Motogp 06  (Read 1668 times)

GSX

• Archived User
Motogp 06
« Reply #30 on: June 17, 2006, 05:37:00 PM »

May I be the first to say that this game is a piece of shit and THQ are retards! So here is the story.. I'm playing splitscreen with my friend for a few. Then I go to play some single player on the full screen. Next thing I know I can't exit the game to dashboard. Then I get a msg stating "Game settings are damaged". I reboot the damn thing, and now my save is gone!!!! From seed 74 to 100! So my question is where can I get some game saves? I need one with a seed of like 75 since I'm not doing all this racing again.

PS- Backup your saves!!! I have a mem card and was too lazy.

lostboyz

• Archived User
Motogp 06
« Reply #31 on: June 18, 2006, 08:24:00 AM »

thanks for the heads up hopefully we get a patch for this soon, its too good to have dumb glitches ruin it

sp3cialk

• Archived User
Motogp 06
« Reply #32 on: June 18, 2006, 09:41:00 PM »

Yea after I read about the glitch where you change leathers and lock yourself outta GP I've been scared... I wish they would come out with that larger mem card... so i could buy it instead of the 64 one.... I myself hope a patch is out soon...  mad.gif

GSX

• Archived User
Motogp 06
« Reply #33 on: June 18, 2006, 10:25:00 PM »

Just make sure you backup after you play. I don't have that option anymore. I wonder if I will get the same achivments over again?

This post has been edited by GSX: Jun 19 2006, 05:26 AM

lostboyz

• Archived User
Motogp 06
« Reply #34 on: June 19, 2006, 05:12:00 AM »

well Im up to seed 65 and no problems yet, I havent really customized anything and havent played while signed into live. Though I have still backed up after every 5-6 races. Im really loving the extreme races, I think they will be killer on live for more of the fun arcadey play. GP gets too serious sometimes, people just get so addicted to their racing lines that if someone is in there way the just get super halo 2 pissed and just start whining. We will see.

lostboyz

• Archived User
Motogp 06
« Reply #35 on: June 22, 2006, 07:06:00 AM »

Anyone want to play online sometime today? Im doin decent on Extreme modes, but just cant seem to get down my GP lines, and its boring as hell to practice alone, so if anyone wants to we can just go run through all the tracks just practicing lines, play some stunt mode, or just see how fast we can hit each other going down the straight at mugello. just let me know, Im getting all my live stuff worked out and should be fine to play tonight.

also one thing I noticed that they took out was the motion blur, or tunnel vision you got when going speeds of 170+ It was probably to hide graphical errors in the day and is unneccessary now but I think it was a really neat feature

GSX

• Archived User
Motogp 06
« Reply #36 on: July 04, 2006, 01:58:00 AM »

I had tunnel vision in real life today. This is whats left of my boys bike.
(IMG:http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c12/sum0n3/Bikes/HPIM0005.jpg)
Lets just say car drivers are assholes, and wear you leathers kiddies. BTW, hes still alive.

sp3cialk

• Archived User
Motogp 06
« Reply #37 on: July 05, 2006, 10:39:00 PM »

QUOTE(GSX @ Jul 4 2006, 03:58 AM) View Post

I had tunnel vision in real life today. This is whats left of my boys bike.
IPB Image
Lets just say car drivers are assholes, and wear you leathers kiddies. BTW, hes still alive.

Damn glad to hear your friend is ok... that's my bike exactly.... K1 gsxr1000... wait a min... ok.. just went and checked the garage to make sure mine was still there... he's got a high mount similar to mine as well...

sidewinder33

• Archived User
Motogp 06
« Reply #38 on: July 10, 2006, 05:03:00 PM »

Hey guys I just rented the game, and im finding it hard to control. I played for about 2 hours and still wasn't able to really get a good feel for the controls. Any advice. As of right now I have my bike set to max wheelbase, because i kept over correcting with it shorter, both front and rear suspension down to 0 to increase my braking and handling, and tires down soft, I mean I know this isn't an every track setup but i was just trying to get the feel for the game and I couldn't. The braking never felt like I expected, the bike just seemed to push through the turns. Any help would be appreciated. I would really like to get into this game since I ride in real life but the only thing thats keeping me right now are the sweet details, Im just looking for some help adjusting.

GSX

• Archived User
Motogp 06
« Reply #39 on: July 10, 2006, 10:27:00 PM »

Leave the setup on default and get used to the bike.  If you ride in real life then you should know some of these tips. Brake early with both triggers(X also works well, since the bike leans more). If you need to slow quick, then use the triggers and X at the same time(I also pull back on the analog stick, so the rider will sit up which will slow you quicker). Once you're half way into the turn get off the front brake, while still using the rear to slide the bike thru the turn( you can't turn if you're on the front brake, same as real life). The whole trick is being on racing line, while applying and releasing brakes at the right moment. I had a big problem playing the previous xbox1 title, but got used to it quick.

sidewinder33

• Archived User
Motogp 06
« Reply #40 on: July 11, 2006, 02:45:00 AM »

Thanks for the advice I changed all the settings to try and slow down my overcorrecting. coming out of each turn I would steer back like in normal racing games but I would always end up doing a few wobbles and going off the track. I really feel that the front brake should be stronger though, you can really get down from high speeds with the right implementation of the front brake, I'll get used to it but right now it just aggravates me.

sp3cialk

• Archived User
Motogp 06
« Reply #41 on: July 13, 2006, 04:57:00 PM »

Doing what GSX helps... I changed how I control the bike from the previous versions... I have the default setup but I use the right analog for gas and brake(with the triggers) ... you have to realize that you are movin alot faster in this game than you think... picking the correct line is something you have to do... and brake into the turn and accelerate out of the apex... since you ride you should understand that.. especially if you've ever been to a track day... qualifying really does help in the game... so just go through a season and you'll get it... gotta remember it's a totally different type of racing game... it's motorcycle racing...

sidewinder33

• Archived User
Motogp 06
« Reply #42 on: July 13, 2006, 05:26:00 PM »

YOu know your totally right. I changed the controls to fit my style more, and I have been whooping ass. It just took me forever to get the hang of it. I mean I was doing the challenges and practicing for a good ten mins before I got the feel for the track. Now that I'm used to my bike and its controls, I just do the challenges and then hit the race up. I'm only up to pro though biggrin.gif I'll get up to champ next season I think. I like the Extreme modes bc of upgrading, but I like my Yami in the GP. I tried my hardest to get it to look somewhat like the anniversary paint jobs biggrin.gif biggrin.gif Gotta love that retro. ( If you can't tell I ride Yamaha's exclusively wink.gif my dad got me started and I'll die a Yami guy)

The Anarchist

• Archived User
Motogp 06
« Reply #43 on: July 21, 2006, 01:45:00 AM »

ok here is how i changed my controles and now it is a way eisier    for me anyway

Left trigger: All in one brake
Right Trigger: Acceleration
A: Front brake
X: Back Brake

if you play pgr3 you should find this alot eisier
Pages: 1 2 [3]