xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Motogp 06  (Read 1672 times)

lostboyz

• Archived User
Motogp 06
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2006, 06:42:00 PM »

well I guess ill get it on the way home tmrw, blockbuster dosent get it to rent or sell till friday.

o well, wonder if ill be able to sleep tonight

sp3cialk

• Archived User
Motogp 06
« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2006, 09:12:00 PM »

OK for those who have it... tell me if this happens to you... I go into single player.. time trials... and if i hit left or right on the d-pad it locks up everything and I have to either turn off my box with the power button or my remote... what gives???

ok dang it... used the analog and it did it too

This post has been edited by sp3cialk: Jun 15 2006, 04:20 AM

sp3cialk

• Archived User
Motogp 06
« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2006, 10:42:00 PM »

OK... well after a little searching... I think I may know what's causing my problem of not being able to check my friend's scoreboard... I believe if you have over 25 friends you'll have this problem as well... I have a friend who was able to check his without locking up and he only had 15 friends... so I'm hoping they will put an update out that fixes this...

also... I've heard of this happening too... Damage to player profile: in single player, if you are on a GP bike and chose a set of Streetfighter leathers, you will be locked out of GP mode and from then on could only race on Extreme tracks. Only option is to delete gamesaves and rebuild rider all over again.

just giving warning... so you don't lose everything... I haven't confirmed this... but who would want to?

GSX

• Archived User
Motogp 06
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2006, 01:28:00 AM »

QUOTE(lostboyz @ Jun 14 2006, 03:54 PM) View Post

this sucks, bestbuy, compUSA, gamestop, circuit city nobody has it till tmrw.

ill be going to blockbuster tonight to see if my sister can let it go early.

I NEED THIS GAME NOW!

That sucks.... I ended up finding it at a best buy.

Nascasho

• Archived User
Motogp 06
« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2006, 01:57:00 AM »

Thx for the notice sp3cialk. I dunno if its just me lately.. but if you look at your guys gamertags, theres an empty space where motogp should be... I think i've gone crazy.

Anyways, any tips for riding a bike? I bought it to learn something other than 4 whells.. and i suck really bad at this game!

lostboyz

• Archived User
Motogp 06
« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2006, 06:48:00 AM »

QUOTE(Nascasho @ Jun 15 2006, 02:04 AM) View Post

Thx for the notice sp3cialk. I dunno if its just me lately.. but if you look at your guys gamertags, theres an empty space where motogp should be... I think i've gone crazy.

Anyways, any tips for riding a bike? I bought it to learn something other than 4 whells.. and i suck really bad at this game!

thats interesting on your custom tag its there, but on the gamercard.net one it isnt. very odd

that really sucks special k. Im going to be very careful and back up my profile often to my mem card.

sp3cialk

• Archived User
Motogp 06
« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2006, 06:51:00 AM »

QUOTE(Nascasho @ Jun 15 2006, 04:04 AM) View Post

I took lostboyz advice and switched to using the right analog for gas/brake.... you wouldn't imagine how much better I've done since... I wasn't bad before but now i feel I have alot more control... one thing is that using A for gas isn't the best idea... I have a friend that uses one trigger for gas and the other for brake moved seperate brakes to the bumpers... both the triggers and the analogs are better for a more sensitive feel than a plain on/off that i was tending to get with the A button.... now if you really wanna shine get good with manual gears... but a good thing to think is slow down for the twistys... if you fly into them you'll just get thrown out slow into them and fly out... take a course mugello seems to be a popular choice but it was in the demo... and practice in like time trials... that way you are competing against yourself.. also learning the maps never hurts... if you know what's coming up you can prepare for it...

yea and the Game icon for motogp isn't showing up here... not sure why... does on xbox and the flash version of my GC from MyGamerCard.net must just be something with their jpg??? but who knows....

lostboyz

• Archived User
Motogp 06
« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2006, 08:09:00 PM »

YAY I got it today, just to find out Im way out of practice. All that takes is time, if only work wasnt in the way

GSX

• Archived User
Motogp 06
« Reply #23 on: June 15, 2006, 09:08:00 PM »

One thing that works great is the X button. It makes the bike lean much more(manual says auto-brake, but it seems to lean harder uhh.gif ). As for advice....Brake early, use both triggers to slow quickly. Let off the front brake(so the bike will turn), get on the power and hopefully you're still on pavement.  Works like a charm for me.

lostboyz

• Archived User
Motogp 06
« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2006, 05:46:00 AM »

well really the trick that a lot of people dont get is that as compared to a auto-racing game, you can brake in a turn. Phyiscally on a bike if you try to brake midst a turn you will snap up, so slowing down before the turns and using gears to control your position in the turn is key. I guess ill have to try the x button out but im betting you they put it there for  people who use an automatic.

sp3cialk

• Archived User
Motogp 06
« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2006, 06:47:00 AM »

Nah using the X button is the same thing as pulling down on the right analog... I mentioned this earlier and not sure why they did it but ever since motogp 2 that be all brake all button (X), or pulling down on right analog does truly make you lean more than if you used seperate brakes.... don't know why they did this... but heck I don't know why they took sims out of the game... btw... you can use brakes in a curve... most don't but you can use the rear as a trailing brake to get the back end around a little more... have to be easy on it though or you'll slide that tail out... true most racers don't use much more than the front and gears but hey ... they're professional... I wanna see an extreme track like one of my playgrounds... Dragon's Back (318 curves in 11 miles)

This post has been edited by sp3cialk: Jun 16 2006, 01:57 PM

GSX

• Archived User
Motogp 06
« Reply #26 on: June 16, 2006, 07:29:00 AM »

Dude, I was going to ride out to Deals Gap for the annual R6 BBQ. That place looks sick, but it's a long ass way from NY...I need a damn pickup truck!

sp3cialk

• Archived User
Motogp 06
« Reply #27 on: June 16, 2006, 08:27:00 AM »

QUOTE(GSX @ Jun 16 2006, 09:36 AM) View Post

Dude, I was going to ride out to Deals Gap for the annual R6 BBQ. That place looks sick, but it's a long ass way from NY...I need a damn pickup truck!

My best friend (who happens to be half Cherokee) owns a cabin on HWY 129... it's about 4 hours away from my house.... but really more people one sportbikes ride the Cherohala Skyway... it's more of what you would want... just gotta look out for the Cherokee police... good thing my friend's cousin is one of the main guys up there with them...  biggrin.gif

lostboyz

• Archived User
Motogp 06
« Reply #28 on: June 16, 2006, 08:28:00 AM »

I really need to get a bike, damned insurance and unsupportive parents.....soon I tell you

Anyone else like how they brought back the training level? and I kind of like the whole idea of challenges for the races

sp3cialk

• Archived User
Motogp 06
« Reply #29 on: June 16, 2006, 09:11:00 AM »

QUOTE(lostboyz @ Jun 16 2006, 10:35 AM) View Post

I really need to get a bike, damned insurance and unsupportive parents.....soon I tell you
Anyone else like how they brought back the training level? and I kind of like the whole idea of challenges for the races

not fond of some of the challenges... like the ones where you have to follow someone and finish only a min behind them... well they race better in the challenge than in the actual race... what gives with that... I spend more time on the challenges than the qualifying and the race... although they do help you master the trickier parts of the track
Pages: 1 [2] 3