xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Motogp 06  (Read 1667 times)

C89ZX7R

• Archived User
Motogp 06
« on: June 14, 2006, 06:38:00 AM »

whats the website for the motogp 06 community ? game is sweet . although i need to get better ranked 2650

sp3cialk

• Archived User
Motogp 06
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2006, 06:58:00 AM »

I love this game... owned every version since the original plus the demo that came with XBL way back when.... I'm disappointed that I can't customize my bike paint job more... maybe the starter bikes don't let ya  huh.gif

I had a pretty sweet one in motogp 3.... Love the offline almost more than the online... just feels weird to race with The Doc (Rossi) and see him in yellow after racing with him on a Repsol for so long... heck the GO!!!!!! bike threw me in motogp 3....

lostboyz

• Archived User
Motogp 06
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2006, 08:03:00 AM »

weird that the icon isnt showing up in your Gamercard

Im definately getting this on my way home today, ive gone too long with out moto gp

and I also had 1,2, and 3. Cant get enough of it

Is there any screen tearing like in the demo?

sp3cialk

• Archived User
Motogp 06
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2006, 08:33:00 AM »

QUOTE(lostboyz @ Jun 14 2006, 10:03 AM) View Post

weird that the icon isnt showing up in your Gamercard

Im definately getting this on my way home today, ive gone too long with out moto gp

and I also had 1,2, and 3. Cant get enough of it

Is there any screen tearing like in the demo?

regretfully I believe so... couldn't really sit and look for it but did notice a bit... also noticed that on a track I set to have rain I had weird lines at the top of the screen ... that went between lap/position and lap/time kinda weird... didn't notice it on a sunny map... I'll try to get a picture if anyone wants...

btw... some of the extreme courses are amazing... I wrecked numerous times the first go round just staring in the distance...  blink.gif

just wish the GP bikes were as stable as the extreme bikes in a powerslide  mad.gif

lostboyz

• Archived User
Motogp 06
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2006, 09:28:00 AM »

even if this tore to hell I would still love it

the only time I noticed it in the demo when i wasnt racing very seriously, so I doubt it will bother me

cant wait till I get off work

tonloc79

• Archived User
Motogp 06
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2006, 09:54:00 AM »

The screen tearing isnt a be all end all but it is noticable. Can anyone give me some breaking/cornering tips?

lostboyz

• Archived User
Motogp 06
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2006, 10:06:00 AM »

using a manual greatly helps you in the corners and try different combinations of front and rear break. rear breaking will turn you fast but make you unstable and slide out, front breaking is what most drivers actually use.

sp3cialk

• Archived User
Motogp 06
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2006, 10:55:00 AM »

Well in real life I'll tend to use the front hard before a curve which helps in 2 ways.. one slows you down, two preloads your front forks ... if needed I'll use slight rear brakes in a curve as trailing brakes... not much or you'll lowside ... now I haven't been able to do this since motogp 2 because for some reason the be all brake (default X button) makes your rider lean more (in essence get off the bike more, always better for you to lean more than the bike.. if a peg would catch you'd be in trouble.. often a big mistake in young riders) so with motogp 3 and now 06 I've used the X button more and more... also mastering the powerslide can be a big advantage it helps to shoot your outta the turns...  

please note most of this is from real life riding... in reality if you ever hit a track day they will teach you to corner with out touching the brake... just by your gearing... so that's why manuals tend to have an advantage... but they do take practice...

GSX

• Archived User
Motogp 06
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2006, 10:54:00 AM »

I can't find this game in stores! No one seems to have it today. I have it on the way from gamefly, but i'm just too impatient to wait till friday laugh.gif Off to some best buy's I guess.....

lostboyz

• Archived User
Motogp 06
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2006, 11:13:00 AM »

let me know on the best buy, i was going to hit that on my way home from work

I personally use the joystick for acc/braking then click them in for gear shifting, ever since I gave that a shot I havent been able to do it any other way. If you havent tried it I suggest you give it a shot. As far as live goes the manual racers generally always beat an automatic if they have any idea what they are doing.

C89ZX7R

• Archived User
Motogp 06
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2006, 12:22:00 PM »

you might find it but all the game stores around me had pre orders only , luckly i got mine pre ordered . its weird the pic is not showing up on the gamercard ??????????

lostboyz

• Archived User
Motogp 06
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2006, 01:54:00 PM »

this sucks, bestbuy, compUSA, gamestop, circuit city nobody has it till tmrw.

ill be going to blockbuster tonight to see if my sister can let it go early.

I NEED THIS GAME NOW!

sp3cialk

• Archived User
Motogp 06
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2006, 02:12:00 PM »

QUOTE(lostboyz @ Jun 14 2006, 03:54 PM) View Post

this sucks, bestbuy, compUSA, gamestop, circuit city nobody has it till tmrw.

ill be going to blockbuster tonight to see if my sister can let it go early.

I NEED THIS GAME NOW!

Do you have a Hollywood Video in your town... I checked at the GameCrazy there and got it last night... might be worth a shot... heck just give them a call...

lostboyz

• Archived User
Motogp 06
« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2006, 02:52:00 PM »

nope but we have 3 blockbusters because they ran everyone else out of town, I think thats my best bet other than waiting till tmrw

alsybub

• Archived User
Motogp 06
« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2006, 03:05:00 PM »

I really want this game but I think I want a DS Lite more. Can't afford bot this month. Too many bills and I pissed a lot of money up the wall.  sad.gif
Pages: [1] 2 3