xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Moto Gp On Xbox Live  (Read 2189 times)

dgrams2003

• Archived User
Moto Gp On Xbox Live
« Reply #30 on: May 11, 2006, 05:05:00 PM »

had tearing on a PC monitor, as the camera was panning over the starting line just before the race started, and during replay.

MotoGP Demo was quite the boring experience.  maybe for $9.99 I might get some enjoyment out of it.

lostboyz

• Archived User
Moto Gp On Xbox Live
« Reply #31 on: May 11, 2006, 05:21:00 PM »

just finished DLing and about to play, if its anything like the other motoGP's its going to be great

for the gripes about the controls, you really have to play the other ones to full appreciate them

I always used up on the right joystick for accelleration, down for both brakes, and left trigger for rear break and right trigger for front break. Click down on left joystick for down shift and click on the right for upshift. It will grow on you

Ill give my impressions in a second

GSX

• Archived User
Moto Gp On Xbox Live
« Reply #32 on: May 11, 2006, 06:04:00 PM »

QUOTE(Joergen @ May 11 2006, 05:56 PM) View Post

Second was the fact that the triggers arent gas and break by default, so its on/off arcade racing from the get-go.

Last I check bikes have two breaks (front and back). Not to mention they need to be proportional. Try pushing the x and y at the same time, especially when you want 75% front and 50% rear.

PS- I have seen zero tearing.. Hate or love it. But if you're a racing fan(especialy bikes), you should love it.

lostboyz

• Archived User
Moto Gp On Xbox Live
« Reply #33 on: May 11, 2006, 06:36:00 PM »

Yea that first track is mugello its been on every demo of the game since the original

Right from the start the graphics look at least 10x from motogp3 and seeing as how it is coming out less than a year after motogp3 i am greatly impressed. I experienced some tearing but im sure they will smooth it out by release. The bike sounds are good still not perfect but it is unimportant to me.

This is a definate purchase for me but i own all of them so they may or not say very much

MrPhunkee

• Archived User
Moto Gp On Xbox Live
« Reply #34 on: May 11, 2006, 06:43:00 PM »

Ehm, I have hdtv, thats why I'm so dissapointed...

sloopeh

• Archived User
Moto Gp On Xbox Live
« Reply #35 on: May 12, 2006, 04:43:00 AM »

strange that this game is getting a hard time. im no fan boy of most games but this looks absolutely stunning my 40 Samsung LCD (VGA connection).

the gameplay is perfect too. a perfect combination of difficulty/learning curve/dirveability. I mean this game is seriosuly good and it's a 1 track demo.

i suspect, with respect, that the people who dislike it are the same as the ones i saw crashing on every single corner last night. persevere tongue.gif

jwin767

• Archived User
Moto Gp On Xbox Live
« Reply #36 on: May 12, 2006, 04:57:00 AM »

its taken me just under 2 hours on a 512kbs down / 256kbs up connection just to give some time indecation to people who are wondering how long its gonna take to DL

GSX

• Archived User
Moto Gp On Xbox Live
« Reply #37 on: May 12, 2006, 05:36:00 AM »

Anyone that thinks this game looks like crap, need to do this. Do the 1000 race, and use the offset camera view. Then just stop in the sun, and start doing donuts. Also notice the detail on the rear tire when you're stopped. If you can't see the improvements compared to the previous game(on a decent HDTV), then you need you eyes checked. The detail is no comparison to Motogp2(and that used to support 720p if I remember correctly)

0wn996

• Archived User
Moto Gp On Xbox Live
« Reply #38 on: May 12, 2006, 05:57:00 AM »

Well, i also downloaded the motoGP demo and i have to say i'm not as impressed as i hoped i would be.
The gfx are allright, but not as slick as i thought they would be. And before you'll all start yelling i should get a better tv, i'm the proud owner of a philips 37pf9830 (37" lcdtv with 1920x1080 native res. and full 1080p support)
I'm not saying they gfx are BAD, but they're definetly not as impressive as pgr3, or fight night 3 for example. Although i have not seen any tearing btw.
The gameplay is allright, as it's basically the same as all other motoGP games.
What really pissed me off was the sound. When i first heard the sound i had to hold myself back not to turn the xbox off immediatly.
So i finished a few laps and then turned it off because the sound was just too horrible.
I've been a motoGP fan for as long as i can remember and i visit the dutch TT in assen for around 13 years now (i'm 23 years old), and this game sounded nothing at all like the real thing.

Overall impression:
Graphics: 7
Gameplay: 7
Sound: CRAP

PS. They should have called it motoGP '05 since there's nothing about this game that says 2006. Would have been better if they made some new skins for the bikes and riders so it would match up to this years motoGP season.

twistedsymphony

• Archived User
Moto Gp On Xbox Live
« Reply #39 on: May 12, 2006, 06:12:00 AM »

I got a hold of this last night...

As a previous owner of MotoGP 1, 2 and 3 I can say this game does those justice...

the graphics overall are a big improvement over the previous titles. they may not stack up against other currently available 360 titles but they are a clear improvement over the Xbox 1 counterparts.

The bike and rider graphics are fantastic. The scenery graphics, particularly the textures still have a lot to be desired. I also found the animation to be HORRID. watching the replay and playing close attention to the bike's and the rider's movements, when they lean, shift their position, crash etc... all of it seems very blocky and unnatural. if you lean at just the right angle the guys arm will wig out and "twitch" at an in human speed between tucked in and stuck out.

I thought the graphics on the Xbox 1 titles were pretty impressive for their time, and this IS an improvement in terms of the bike and rider... but as I said the Animation need A LOT of work as do the track textures. I'd even go as far as to say the animations are WORSE then the older titles.

Normally I wouldn't rag on the graphics for an unreleased title this much but the game is due out this month, we should be seeing something better then this. I really truly hope this is a demo that's been sitting on a shelf somewhere for months, because if this is a near complete build it's pretty sad. Especially considering this is turning out to be a seasonal game, the gameplay is exactly the same as previous titles, so unless they're adding some whiz-bang new XBL features (MGP3 was pretty feature filled, they'd be hard pressed to top it) or a whole bunch of new tracks... all we're getting is a roster update and a graphics update...  with that into consideration and the fact that this is an exclusive title we should be some of the best 360 graphics to date here... They're not the worst graphics I've seen on this console, but they're no where near the best either.

LESTAT

• Archived User
Moto Gp On Xbox Live
« Reply #40 on: May 12, 2006, 07:18:00 AM »

yawn yawn YAWWWWNNNNN

yet A N O T H E R   rehash of a PC/Xbox Title......

And now that all the good damn titles have been pushed to November.... i do believe my 360 is getting sold.
i didnt buy this thing to pay MORE money for games that i already can play on my PC or xbox..

its not even an impressive looking game.
gameplay ?  sure its ok.. but yet again... yawn.. rehash... been there done that...

the last Moto game i played that really wow'd me and mademe play it all the way thru was EA's Superbike 2000.

drewberg111

• Archived User
Moto Gp On Xbox Live
« Reply #41 on: May 12, 2006, 05:11:00 PM »

when this game releases it better look like the trailers of gameplay ive seen where you can see the guy clutching and shifting gears. ill give thq the benifit of the doubt that the real game will look better.  the screenshots ive seen for this game are much much better than the demo.  but it is a demo so well have to wait and see

Category 5

• Archived User
Moto Gp On Xbox Live
« Reply #42 on: May 12, 2006, 05:17:00 PM »

QUOTE(langlest @ May 11 2006, 12:51 PM) View Post

im not too keen on the framerate & it seems like it has some tearing too, i hope they fix this for the final game

it shows up most in the replays

I won't even dignify another frame tearing piece of crap with even a download.

amb7247

• Archived User
Moto Gp On Xbox Live
« Reply #43 on: May 12, 2006, 05:54:00 PM »

well may be a game I won't get since i suck pretty bad lol. But people have no concept of what it is to pass. If people plan on playing bumper cars with bikes then scratch this game off my list.

Altima NEO

• Archived User
Moto Gp On Xbox Live
« Reply #44 on: May 12, 2006, 05:56:00 PM »

Second was the fact that the triggers arent gas and break by default, so its on/off arcade racing from the get-go.

lol, what the crap are you talking about?
The reason for this is so you can have control over the front brake and rear brake, which is essential for steering a bike around corners. Theres no real other way to map out the controls otherwise. This has always been the way MotoGP has been set up.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5