xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: New Mass Effect Interview  (Read 662 times)

KAGE360

• Archived User
New Mass Effect Interview
« on: November 11, 2005, 10:05:00 AM »

good read, cant wait for this game.  for an RPG the graphics are unreal.  some exciting news in this one.....

XE: Speaking of Jade Empire, the Jade Empire game seems pretty well received by critics and gamers alike. Will Bioware be continuing JE at all? A rumor going around is that the game is that Jade Empire 2 is going to PlayStation 3, but that seems unlikely especially since traditionally Bioware only works on one major project at a time.

Ray: We don’t comment on rumors, but we can definitely say that MS has been a great supporter of BioWare in the past on both Jade Empire and Mass Effect and we definitely look forward to working with them in the future – they’re a very good partner. And, BioWare definitely plans to continue the Jade Empire franchise – the Jade team did a great job with the first game in that series; we have great teams working on all of our games here. We’ve also said in the past that we’re working on not just one, but two Xbox360 titles. Enough said wink.gif

XE: Visually what we have seen for Mass Effect is quite impressive, in fact on par with other next-generation titles like Gears of War. How long has it been in development using the Unreal Engine 3, and are the visuals just as detailed in one area as the other, or in some of the bigger areas, does Bioware become more “lenient”?

Casey: We’ve been working with this engine since the beginning of the project, and much of our work has focused on adding proprietary extensions that allow us to do some unique things with cinematics, dialog and digital actors. We haven’t yet shown the kinds of things our characters will be able to do, but it will be amazing. Our focus on advanced digital actors is paying off in some unbelievable ways. One interesting side effect of having extremely advanced and realistic characters is the sense of empowerment you get as a player when you create your character’s unique appearance, and that character ends up looking surprisingly real and is capable of very subtle acting and facial expressions etc.

Generally though, what we’ve shown as part of our announcement is just a teaser of things to come. We’re building a whole galaxy of aliens, creatures, and exotic locations – in addition to a sophisticated system for variety in the humans you’ll see in the game, including lots of different clothing and armor types. We also have a very sleek, futuristic architectural style to our environments that’s only hinted at in the released imagery. In short, we expect the final game to exceed the scope and quality of the few teaser scenes we’ve shown so far.

love.gif
 pop.gif
 beerchug.gif

http://www.xe360.com...ffect/2871.html

Deftech

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2005, 10:27:00 AM »

I never heard of the Jade 2 rumor.

and Yes, the Graphics are UnreaL  tongue.gif

incognegro

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2005, 12:44:00 PM »

QUOTE(Deftech @ Nov 11 2005, 06:34 PM)
I never heard of the Jade 2 rumor.

Deftech

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2005, 12:51:00 PM »

1up bastards!  grr.gif

incognegro

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2005, 01:32:00 PM »

yea fuck them.........although i wouldnt rule out the possibility of a ps3 version of jade but its mos def not gonna be exclusive.

KAGE360

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2005, 01:36:00 PM »

i thought that since MS published the first JE they owned the IP rights.  obviously this isnt the case but even the most jaded sony fanboy can see from the hint in the interview that JE2 is headed to the 360.  if they are using the Unreal 3 engine for both games that will be one of my fav martial arts games  love.gif

i dont understand why any developer wouldnt love for MS to publish their title.  with a publisher having that much money, there should be less constrictions of budget, marketing, and pressure because i havent read one complaint from anyone working with MS.

Deftech

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2005, 01:48:00 PM »

I have to also think that all Bioware titles will be MS exclusive just because its easier to develop for and more like a PC, and seeing as Bioware makes PC versions as well, they can do what they did with xbox..xbox versions and pc versions. I dont see them manking any ps3 titles in the next couple of years, just my opinion, and definitely Not any ps3 exclusives like incognegro said. That could all change unless sony buys the rights to them all, but with their financial situation, the days of them buying 5 years worth of a series sequels are gone.

start the flaming  beerchug.gif

KAGE360

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2005, 01:57:00 PM »

thats all true.  however if i were a developer here is one good reason of the many why i wouldnt develop for that pile......

user posted image

jester.gif

couldnt help it  tongue.gif

Deftech

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2005, 02:11:00 PM »

will return if thrown...hahahahaahaha

hahahaahahahaha

incognegro

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2005, 05:31:00 PM »

$5 say they change the design radically on that thing.......lol

Deftech

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2005, 05:41:00 PM »

QUOTE(incognegro @ Nov 11 2005, 06:38 PM)
$5 say they change the design radically on that thing.......lol