xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Madden 06  (Read 1044 times)

xmaniac2003

• Archived User
Madden 06
« on: December 20, 2005, 09:32:00 PM »

Well I am thiking of getting this game but am not sure if it is a good football game or not. Oh and how are the graphics?

KMFDM

• Archived User
Madden 06
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2005, 09:41:00 PM »

Dont waste the money. download the demo on live if you can and judge it for yourself. but this game was a HUGE LET DOWN. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sleeping.gif)

xmaniac2003

• Archived User
Madden 06
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2005, 09:42:00 PM »

Hmm I see thx for the heads up.

smartygre1

• Archived User
Madden 06
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2005, 09:09:00 AM »

The game is good, but not great.  I am a football nut, and had to have this game, if you are like me, buy it.  Otherwise, wait until 2007 comes out.  The gameplay is classic Madden, which is good.  The graphics are really good, but it is missing so many options that I come to expect that it overall, was a dissappointment.

No create-a-player, no mini-games, no coaches challanges, just inexcuseable in my book.

Malenko

• Archived User
Madden 06
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2005, 09:15:00 AM »

I wouldnt even call ths game good. Madden 98 on PSX was better.

do yourself a fave and get 05 or 06 for xbox and play it on your 360 instead

thank god EA has exclusive rights to the NFL huh?

ShadowElitePro

• Archived User
Madden 06
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2005, 10:06:00 AM »

I sick of you guys whinning. Just because it doesnt have all the modes like NFL superstar. Get over it. Its the most realistic NFL game ever. Has great graphics. Online is great fun.

deftonesmx17

• Archived User
Madden 06
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2005, 10:16:00 AM »

QUOTE(ShadowElitePro @ Dec 23 2005, 12:06 PM) View Post

Its the most realistic NFL game ever.

Hold on

rotfl.gif

rotfl.gif

rotfl.gif

I'm done now.

Malenko

• Archived User
Madden 06
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2005, 10:29:00 AM »

actually, Supertard mode was both unfun and uninventive but it was boring and pointless.

Madden06 on the 360 is the worst football game since... I dunno I even like Super Play Action Footbal on the SNES better then this.

Madden06 should nebber ebber be called "realistic" cause real football isnt this bad and unfun to both watch and play.

I actually prefer 05  to 06 on XBOX, I dont use cone passing nor play superstar mode and 05 is like 19 dollars

deacon187

• Archived User
Madden 06
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2005, 07:15:00 PM »

i wish my madden 06 worked on 360 b4 i said goodbye to it, i think i heard the BC list added xbox madden 06 4 days after i traded it in still 4 26.00 thankfully, i  had madden 06 for 360 played it and traded it, i wish i downloaded the demo first, i gotta say its an ok football game if your simply put int eh game and play, if your interested in all the xtras from the xbox 1 version your in for a surprise as there isnt any extras, althogh now i sorta wish i kept it, reason being i was playing on a 55 wide rear projection and the game looked horrible compared to the LCD it was playing on in Best Buy, now i got a 42" wide plasma that im playing on and the demo looks like the version that was playing in the store so the video set makes a difference too, i though the graffix on PG3 sucked on my rear projection and was ready to trade that too, i popped it in on this plasma and WOW, what a HUGE difference

bigphill911

• Archived User
Madden 06
« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2005, 12:58:00 PM »

It is a worthless piece of shit but thats just my oppinion. Download the demo and see what you think. I foudn the controls to suck and based on what I've hered its missing alot of key features! O HOW I WANT ESPN FOOTBALL GAMES BACK!

Stigmatica

• Archived User
Madden 06
« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2005, 01:47:00 PM »

i have madden 06 and have yet to take it out of its wrapping lol. ive been playing Fifa constantly and still havnt won the world cup!

mikebpi2

• Archived User
Madden 06
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2005, 03:37:00 PM »

Answer this question:

Do you prefer realism (Splinter Cell, Ghost Recon, COD2) or fantasy (PD0, Quake4, UT)?

If you prefer realism you will enjoy this Madden.  In terms of pure gameplay it is amazing.  If you are a fan of the strategy behind the game you will love it.

-The speed of the game is perfect.
-The running game is balanced.  You are able to slow down and win a game with nothing but defense and a punishing offensive line.  The arcade-like ESPN games never had this.
-Defensive matchups actually mean something.  You can no longer defend a large tight end with a small DB effectively.  
-Quarterbacks actually fumble the ball at a realistic rate.  If you get blindsided and are about to pass, the ball will pop out like it should.  
-Quick 3step drops and short patterns finally have a place in a football game.
-You can hold all but the best offensive teams to nothing but field goals with a defense like the Bears and effective play calling.  ESPN games were always just a scorefest.
-'Fly' patterns on every down is no longer a realistic strategy.  A good DB with a safety over the top will work like it should.  This cuts down on the 10 year olds playing online.
-Roster updates are mandatory making every team realistic as the year goes on.
-Fullbacks are finally effective

Few other notes.

-No way to cheese the game anymore.  You can't just go away while playing an online game taking hundreds of delay penalties waiting for the other person to quit.
-No longer able to rig the stick to make a defensive lineup always encroach to delay a game.
-No longer able to pause the game whenever you want to distract a kicker.

robs2000gt

• Archived User
Madden 06
« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2005, 03:44:00 PM »

I have been extremely happy with it, espeically the online play.

The only major let down right now is i like to do a franchise also. I was dissapointed with the lack of importing draft classes, rooking scouting (all rookies are already scouted) and no training camp. I did like the draft better though with the speed that it moves it. you can see who everyone picks and make trades as you go along a little easier, imo.

MN-Mod-Man

• Archived User
Madden 06
« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2005, 04:45:00 PM »

This is a Barebones port at best the only thingnext gen are the graphics the game play is worst than the 16-bit era at best D/L the Demo and see fro yourself AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE.

Strangelove1

• Archived User
Madden 06
« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2005, 08:46:00 PM »

You're crazy.  The game is fun as hell if you put a few hours into learning the controls.  Yes, not having create a player and challenges is a bummer, but that is maybe .5% of the entire experience.
Pages: [1] 2