xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: The Best Game I Wont Play It Though  (Read 621 times)

griffin XXI

• Archived User
The Best Game I Wont Play It Though
« on: January 25, 2007, 01:40:00 PM »

QUOTE(leftkidney @ Jan 25 2007, 01:58 AM) View Post

I am really mad and I mean mad I am sick of games that have music during game play     in Lost Planet in the options it says under sound and music volume that " adjusts the in-game music" this is true but it also controls the cut scenes and not just the music the SFX as well     to make it even worse during gamep play you cant even turn down the music at all you have to quit to do this   I hate this game because of this and only this

I waited for this game since I played the xbox live demo and I couldnt wait I bought it and found this out I returned it to best buy and they said I could only exchange it for the same game if it was defective so I said no they are all defective the menu options are not correct and dont work as it says it does    I made a scene in the store and they gave me my money back

the same thing happen with Call of Duty 3 there is no way to turn off the in-game music at all    and my grandpa said during the war there wasnt any music that couldnt be stoped with a bullet

so I hate it when game makers do this to games   and in the case of Lost Planet they just LIE to us and say that it controls the in-game music and not the cut scenes and SFX for those scenes

I am really mad about this and hope that when the 360 gets hacked more I can backup this game and remove the in-game music but leave the cut scenes in until then I wont even play this game I cant stand music in games at all it makes no sense if I am really soaposta be "there" why would I be listining to music while fighting! this pisses me off so much iff I talked to the designer and he said he knew about this I would punch him in the throat

I wish the options were deeper for music/sound, but that hardly takes away from the game. Sure, there wasn't an orchestra playing while GI's were battling Germans during WWII, but neither is the game set in the real world, but a game in which we play. Music is there for an emotional response if done right, like the movies. smile.gif

leftkidney

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2007, 09:54:00 PM »

there is no options or game settings in the pause menu   you have to quit to the menu

this is crap    I love the gameplay really love the way it plays and the look and feel of the game but I cant play a game that has so many problems with it in the UI I hate this crap I cant even adjust the volume in the pause menu CRAP CRAP CRAP

people should start complaining about this a lot and maybe game makers wont do this and they will follow some sorta rules when making a games settings and how you control them

my bigest complaint is in the Game Settings for Lost Planet under Sound and Music Volume    when you highlight it it says "Adjusts the volume for the in-game music." but it also controls the cut scenes and not just the music the SFX as well like I said a crap of a game but a great fun to play

Xombe

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2007, 10:33:00 PM »

I hate to tell you, but just about any dev/publisher worth its weight in stock options isn't going to pay much heed to the opinion that music detracts from your gameplay experience while they're still forking out some guy(s) salary(s) to create said media.

Besides, I thought you took the game back to the store.

Xombe

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2007, 04:30:00 AM »

... then I'm glad we're all on the same page then.

jabroniekilla

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2007, 08:52:00 AM »

QUOTE(leftkidney @ Jan 26 2007, 03:38 AM) View Post

oh and by the way when I read a post like mine I think what a douch bag why would anyone care

why would anyone care?  
The game is awesome.  Sorry you cant play your Spice Girls in the background. jester.gif

GanJahMan

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2007, 04:53:00 AM »

Here is a possible fix... if you play a playlist from your 360 HDD, the Lost Planet soundtrack wont play, then just turn your music volume all the way down (in the 360 OS) and you wont hear anything,  cutscenes should still have speech volume... I didnt try this, its just a theory.

Jakerzon

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2007, 02:16:00 AM »

One other thing you could do is rip an audio CD to the hdd on the 360 and then make a playlist and loop it so that it plays continously, THEN put it to the lowest volume possible WHILE playing the game.

Seriously, music is a requirement for a game and the xbox lets  you turn it off on ALL games. Come on! Leftkidney, are you just ignoring this fact? Are you for real? If so, I think it's ridiculous. I don't even know why I posted.