xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Great Game, Lots Of Fun...  (Read 684 times)

leijae

• Archived User
Great Game, Lots Of Fun...
« on: January 16, 2007, 01:44:00 PM »

I mean how many times do we play games where humans have been driven back by a creature 10x's our size, but later we come back with more determination?  this game is really fun, and the controls are set really well. it moves fluidly and has great cut scenes and graphics. But it's just this story....

Agree or Disagree?

griffin XXI

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2007, 02:04:00 PM »

QUOTE(leijae @ Jan 16 2007, 02:51 PM) View Post

I mean how many times do we play games where humans have been driven back by a creature 10x's our size, but later we come back with more determination?  this game is really fun, and the controls are set really well. it moves fluidly and has great cut scenes and graphics. But it's just this story....

Agree or Disagree?

One of the better games on the 360 I'd say. The reviews it was getting prior to release were pretty average with everyone ripping the story to shreds. I'm glad that I looked past the negativity, cause the story ain't half bad and really on a level above the Gears story (which didn't prevent it from getting rave reviews). I like the length of the cutscenes and feel of them. And I just plain like the setting and environment for the game.

jabroniekilla

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2007, 02:39:00 PM »

I agree that the lenghty cutscenes are a plus.  Seeing such great graphics is awesome.  The gameplay is fun and addictive.  I have heard of people beating the game in one sitting so I guess not being that long can be a bad thing.  Overall I am glad the 360 keeps getting sweet games that keep me happy.  Now if I could just get on Live...........

leijae

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2007, 11:28:00 AM »

yes, the graphics are nice. but i guess it's just the voice acting that gets under my skin during the cut scenes. am i asking for too much? i mean don't get me wrong, i love the gameplay.

hamwbone

• Recovered User
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2007, 04:39:00 PM »

not a jab or nothing, but its damn near impossible to appease the asain culture and american culture at the same time, capcom did what they could i think

crobar

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2007, 08:24:00 PM »

QUOTE(jabroniekilla @ Jan 16 2007, 10:46 PM) View Post

I have heard of people beating the game in one sitting

damn i either suck at this game or have a life cause there i no way i could beat this in a week let alone one sitting....

i feel like people are really rushing through these games and dont explore or "play" at all and then get all LEET on the scene like "yo, i beat this while i ate my cookie crisp on saturday morning..."

its a great game and if you take your time and really take the game in its not too short...

bottom line tho...
its fun to play regardless of it being original or not

cerealkillajme

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2007, 06:38:00 AM »

Finally picked this up on Saturday. I had played the demo when it was first released and honestly didn't like it very much, not a fan of TPShooters and didn't really like the aiming ridicule. After hearing about the cutscenes being 5 minutes long that caught my attention. I played through the 3rd mission last night and have to say I'm glad I gave this game a 2nd chance and bought it. I really enjoy the 5 minute cutscenes, the graphics are great, gives plenty of time to lay down a good story (which seems pretty good so far), and gives me plenty of time to smoke a bowl while watching the cutscenes  laugh.gif The bosses are pretty tough and take a bit of time to beat sometimes which I like, it seems to be less and less games with bosses in them anymore. Not sure if it was in the demo or I just missed it, but I never even saw the Mech (VC I think they call them), but I love using the mechs in the game.

I agree with crobar, I take my time beating games and don't rush through them, so far I'm on level 3 and spent about 2 hours playing last night, hopefully I'll beat it in another 10-15 hours or so, maybe more.  smile.gif

leijae

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2007, 09:52:00 PM »

i beat the game today. as you can see i beat it over 8 days. overall this was an great game, though the ending... eh.... just to reiterate, i have no complaints on the gameplay or graphics. as i was going through some of the walkthroughs(after i beat the game) they said the final boss isenberg was very easy. again maybe i suck but it took me a good 8 or 9 times to kill him. those damn laser things he calls up take about 30% of your health each hit.